Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Hawks Unis - Do some of you still hate them?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Was reading comments about the Titans new unis and was cracking up, but some of the comments reminded me of when the Hawks swapped. Still bent about the Hawks unis or no?
    --Poster of the Month - April 2018--
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• I loved the Hawks uni's when they were revealed, and still do! I remember seeing lots of players outside of Seattle saying how good they looked too.

The problem with fans is, they tend to like plain, or really old school traditional uniforms. Anything new or different they usually freak out.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

• Didn't like them much at all, especially since there isn't even a Seahawk logo on them, and the stupid green. But they grew on me. And they are better than the Certs they use to wear :pukeface:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I don't hate them, but wish they would have just done an updated version of the uni's from about 1984. Loved those.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• The previous unis were pretty bad. They looked like welfare unis. The originals were great at the time and still could be good except that no one should be allowed to wear silver pants going forward. If you need proof, just go put on some silver pantalones and see how completely stupid you look. Do it...and then parade your dumb arse around Seattle. I liked them at the time, but damn...lolololol
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Can anyone remember when they are next eligible to change the design?
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Just read it and it's once every 5 seasons.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• vin.couve12 wrote:Just read it and it's once every 5 seasons.

Thought it was much longer than that for some reason.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• original poster wrote:Can anyone remember when they are next eligible to change the design?

As I recall, you can only have major overhauls every 10 years. Maybe it was 5 though.

I miss the royal blue and silver, but as someone mentioned above, silver pants are not really fashionable anymore. I think it would be cool to go back to royal blue and green, and gray. Flat gray. Current logo. How many teams have dark blue of some shade now?

80's and 90's hawks unis were the best. I want sleevehawk back.
    AAR - CJ Prosise RB/WR/??? - Notre Dame
    TriCHawk
    NET Veteran

• NFL should probably open it up to 4 unis now even if strictly for marketing. The 3rd still being alternate, but the 4th being throwbacks. I guess you could count color rush as a 5th, but whatever.

I guess the big problem with throwbacks is tje helmet, right? So how does college ball get away with it then?
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• Original uni's were based on the Cowboys uniforms as the ownership had determined that was the franchise they wanted to emulate.

Whatever the uniform, it is important that it always is apparent that it is identifiable as being uniquely identifiable as a Seahawks uniform.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

• I like some of the combos better than others, but I still preferred the Reebok uniform. I will say this though, I will never ever get used to that god awful green alternate/color rush.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• DomeHawk wrote:Original uni's were based on the Cowboys uniforms as the ownership had determined that was the franchise they wanted to emulate.

Whatever the uniform, it is important that it always is apparent that it is identifiable as being uniquely identifiable as a Seahawks uniform.

Booooooooo! I didn't know that, but not surprised.

I agree with the rest of what you said though, which is why I liked the unis we have now right down to tje feathers. Totems are unique to the NW in the lower 48 and the Seahawk head and even feathers are something I grew up seeing. Not to mention that Seattle itself is named after a...Duwamish Chief, if I remember right? You could use something different than the feathers, but at least it fits.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• kidhawk wrote:I like some of the combos better than others, but I still preferred the Reebok uniform. I will say this though, I will never ever get used to that god awful green alternate/color rush.

It's really loud, yes. I will say that the defense seem to play lights out in those things though.

They shoulf change the green to exactly the same color as grass/turf. It would be better for pass coverage anyway. lol j/k
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• The Color Rush program is, as a practical matter, dead. If a team wants it to be dead.

Although the league did not embrace an official rule change that would have allowed teams to ditch the Color Rush uniforms, the NFL says that it has provided “more flexibility” for teams to choose some other color from its broader scheme. This is a fancy way of saying that, basically, that Color Rush it’s now optional.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -uniforms/

Hoping the Seahawks choose College Navy or Wolf Grey for their next "color rush," instead of the eye-burning accent color.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• I was never "bent" about the unis, I thought they were fine overall. What I didn't like, and still don't, is the fact that they put Nike logos in a pretty prominent place, on the shoulders, while not putting any Seahawks logos on the jersey at all. I get that there are Seahawks logos on the helmet, and that's fine if you are wearing the entire uniform, but most fans don't generally wear the entire uniform.

Personally, I think that's pretty lame and more than just a little tacky of Nike.
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• Was the very first thing I noticed, no Seahawks logo? Pathetic. I guess I never really wanted to give them a chance after that :lol:
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I like some of the combos better than others, but I still preferred the Reebok uniform. I will say this though, I will never ever get used to that god awful green alternate/color rush.

It's really loud, yes. I will say that the defense seem to play lights out in those things though.

They shoulf change the green to exactly the same color as grass/turf. It would be better for pass coverage anyway. lol j/k

We could play in them every regular season, playoff and superbowl game and go undefeated and I'd be as happy as anyone about it, but I'd still hate that uniform combo :twisted:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• kidhawk wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:
    kidhawk wrote:I like some of the combos better than others, but I still preferred the Reebok uniform. I will say this though, I will never ever get used to that god awful green alternate/color rush.

We could play in them every regular season, playoff and superbowl game and go undefeated and I'd be as happy as anyone about it, but I'd still hate that uniform combo :twisted:

Agreed. They are slightly better than the previous ones with the blue sleeves, but that's not saying much. I'd go so far as to say that I'm damn near offended that my favorite team was forced to wear such hideous uniforms. They will forever be etched in stone on top ten worst uniforms ever lists.

So anyway, yeah, the "new" all green uniforms are ever so slightly better than that. :|
    Chapow
    NET Veteran

• seahawks color rush.jpg
    seahawks color rush.jpg (10.4 KiB) Viewed 1352 times
    I loved the neon green uni's but only when they wore the contrasting blue stockings. Look how much better it is w/them:
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

• The wolf gray’s turned out to be a bust. They look good in pictures but on TV they look like someone threw in a black sock with a load of white uni’s
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

• Hmmm...so coming from the old school thought...I loved the original Royal Blue unis with the original seahawk logo on the sleeve. When 2002 came around we switched to the Pacific Blue but still had the new seahawk logo which I really liked! The current uni is navy blue with lime green which is the jersey we won our superbowl with, but lacks the logo which should have been put on the sleeve I believe...so to answer the question I hate that we don't have a "sleeve-Hawk" on the current unis, but happy we won a Superbowl in them!
    BeanieHawk
    NET Bench Warmer

• The unis are like watching a movie that takes place in the future and they try to make them look futuristic, but just look weird instead.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Wish they would have just updated the originals, but I don't hate todays unis. The pacific blue ones before were awful though.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Originals were by far the best & need to make a long overdue comeback. Current ones are 2nd best, but would be so much better with the logo on the sleeve (the regular profile one, not that front facing piece of crap they put out last year). Holmgren-era unis were the worst.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• I've always liked the current unis. The green is best as a mild accent. The color rush unis are disgusting. But I thought they did a really good job with these ones. I'm in the minority, but I prefer their road white on whites to their white on blues. And the all wolf Grey's are a nice alternate. Not a big fan of the white on grey.

The previous unis, IMO, were just as bad as the color rush ones. But I love the originals. I'd like to see them incorporate the originals with the currents in the next go around.

I think the Titans new threads are great. Not sure why there's so much hate for them.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

I want the classic look to return so bad.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• I hate it when they match dark blue jersey with the same dark blue pants, it look looked ok with white jersey.

toffee
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:Image

Same here!!

toffee
    NET Veteran

• If they had a hawks logo on the sleeve they would be good. If you didnt know anything about football you could probably say the team is called the Seattle Nike. Who knows maybe Allen gets more money out of Nike for the swoosh and no logo...
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• I think the Hawks should consider changing their uniforms in light of the massive overhaul in players.

The 2012-2017 era has been marked with the Lynch/LOB stamp who are mostly gone. It doesn't seem like it will fit the narrative too much longer, and definitely not after Carroll.

It's such a drastic change from the 2011 jerseys, it's hard to imagine Lynch and Sherman ever played in those jerseys.

And since Wilson never did, any other jersey he plays in will look really strange.
    NINEster
    NET Veteran

• hawknation2018 wrote:
    The Color Rush program is, as a practical matter, dead. If a team wants it to be dead.

Although the league did not embrace an official rule change that would have allowed teams to ditch the Color Rush uniforms, the NFL says that it has provided “more flexibility” for teams to choose some other color from its broader scheme. This is a fancy way of saying that, basically, that Color Rush it’s now optional.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -uniforms/

Hoping the Seahawks choose College Navy or Wolf Grey for their next "color rush," instead of the eye-burning accent color.

The green jerseys I wouldn’t mind much if they wore the blue pants with them.
    The green jerseys with the green pants, green socks, and green shoes is too much neon green.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• toffee wrote:
    Fade wrote:Image

Same here!!

I don’t, Russ looks slow in that jersey set. Plus I’m not a fan of the old “stoner hawk” logo.
    We won a Lombardi under the current set up, only made it to the AFC championship game with the old get up.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Meh, I don’t really care. I didn’t start caring about football until the 2000’s so can’t relate to die hard old fans. But I do like the classic uniforms though, they’re nice looking.

I don’t hate our uniforms but I think they could be better.
    Decimation
    NET Veteran

• su.jpg
    su.jpg (307.72 KiB) Viewed 1063 times
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• dallas cowboy knockoffs.jpg
    dallas cowboy knockoffs.jpg (55.2 KiB) Viewed 1050 times
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    toffee wrote:

Same here!!

I don’t, Russ looks slow in that jersey set. Plus I’m not a fan of the old “stoner hawk” logo.
    We won a Lombardi under the current set up, only made it to the AFC championship game with the old get up.

Dallas Cowboy's knockoffs
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

• original poster wrote:
    su.jpg

Is this the new Rush unis or some creation by a fan?
    I'd like to use this as a model to make changes into a better uni.
    For starters lets change the blue into a darker tone..Helmet stays but
    the facemask color changes with jersey color of course.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• I think that was a concept for our throwback uniforms. Until they changed the helmet rule, which made it pointless. :x But I do remember all four of them posted early on (Home, Away, Alts- Wolf Grey and The Throwback. I don't know if this particular one is fan made, or the Nike Version originally posted by the Seahawks.
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• :179417:

I'm so tired of the all blue home look. Would love to match this with our blue jersey and wolf grey pants for a new home look. Would be great if they could have a fan vote like they did years ago.

Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Like (I assume all) Hawks fans I think the Wolf Grey alternates are great. They should really be the regular uniform, IMO.

And I know there's debate on this point, but even as an accent I think the lime green is just atrocious, and the lime green jerseys are a Top 5 bad uniform in all of sports. They look like they're from reject pile from the really bad fake jerseys from Any Given Sunday.

Taste is subjective, of course, but as great as the wolf greys are the puke greens are truly awful, IMO.
    Popeyejones
    NET Veteran

• Ya'll know I can't let this thread go by without commenting. :lol:

There's a lot of subjectivity and opinion in football but nothing is more subjective than the matter of the uniforms. One man's masterpiece is another man's trash. There's no convincing others, it's simply one's taste.

My personal taste:

1) LOVE the modern uniforms. Hate the color rush uniforms. Never loved the Wolf Greys like most. Like someone said earlier they look like they were meant to be white until someone threw in black socks to a really hot wash. My main tweak requests for the modern uniforms would be to:

Add the Sleeve Hawk back.

It's atrocious and a crime it's been missing for this many years. Put the Nike logo in the top left breast/shoulder area and get that beautiful bird back where she belongs.

Switch back to silver helmets.

LOVE the modern helmet. It's slick and badass. But the blue helmet has had more than it's fair share in the Sun. Time to go back to our roots not just for the historical nod but because it instantly provides better contrast to our uniforms. I would keep the helmet design exactly the same. Maybe even a dull grey like the current navy blue is that dull finish. Looks menacing. Either the dull navy color for the faceguard or the same dull grey as the helmet.

2) HATED the Holmgren Era Gun Metal Blues. YUCK. Good riddance.

3) LOVE the retros circa 1980's/1990's. Still holding out to hope - however small - that we can one day wear them again as throwbacks. I know the NFL has that silly rule that you can't use alternate helmets for throwbacks (only put the old decal on the new ones) but I would still like to see some kind of nod to our retros.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• vin.couve12 wrote:Was reading comments about the Titans new unis and was cracking up, but some of the comments reminded me of when the Hawks swapped. Still bent about the Hawks unis or no?

I'm between on our current uni.

Don't hate them, don't love them.

They look "good" for a "modern" look.

Can't stand the Cards uniforms. Titans new ones are good. Don't like Detroits uniforms. The Browns are unimpressive. Bengals are awful.

I like the Seahawks classic units with Seahawks totem bird logo.

They need (IMO) to go back to the original colors and silver helmets.
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

• DomeHawk wrote:
    dallas cowboy knockoffs.jpg
    Sports Hernia wrote:
    toffee wrote:

Same here!!

Dallas Cowboy's knockoffs

I'm now dead set against that look. I'd be ok with it if you change the silver out for white or something, but the silver can burn in cowboy nazi hell.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

• original poster wrote:

I would be down with this.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

The classic Seahawks look is nothing like the Cowboys, and was awesome. Better than their current Uni's, which I would place 2nd. The smurf look was last of course.

The Cowboys Helmet looks like the Seahawks? LMAO

You all are crazy. Classic Seahawks Uni & Helmet 4 Life.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• I think our current helmet and all blue uniform is the best in the NFL.

And not because I’m a Hawk fan, it would hurt to say it if I wasn’t but I’d still be honest.
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• pmedic920 wrote:I think our current helmet and all blue uniform is the best in the NFL.

And not because I’m a Hawk fan, it would hurt to say it if I wasn’t but I’d still be honest.

AGREED.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Fade wrote:Image

The classic Seahawks look is nothing like the Cowboys, and was awesome. Better than their current Uni's, which I would place 2nd. The smurf look was last of course.

The Cowboys Helmet looks like the Seahawks? LMAO

You all are crazy. Classic Seahawks Uni & Helmet 4 Life.

You may indeed be right about us all being crazy but I have been a Seahawks season ticket holder from Day 1. The colors of the original Seahawks uniform were DELIBERATELY designed to emulate the Cowboy's uniform as the owners believed they (Cowboys) were the most successful franchise in the NFL. This was reported in the local papers on numerous occasions.
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

• Aros wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:I think our current helmet and all blue uniform is the best in the NFL.

AGREED.

YEP

http://www.profootballhof.com/news/new- ... preserved/
    DomeHawk
    NET Starter

Next

It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:19 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information