QB hand size

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Best part of that article... Tom Brady's hand size is apparently unknown... but described as enormous by "those who would know."

D

DomeHawk

RolandDeschain":1omqr4t2 said:
Kind of funny that the two shortest QBs in the league have the biggest hands.

I have known this for some time, it is odd.

Scorpion05

Reaction score
Aside from height and obviously QB intelligence, hand size is the next big factor. If Russell had small hands, I don't think he'd make it. He'd be average at best. That's why I don't understand the Baker Mayfield example. Most Qbs can get by with solid height, intelligence, and average hand size

seabowl

Reaction score
Scorpion05":1ry5m9jv said:
Aside from height and obviously QB intelligence, hand size is the next big factor. If Russell had small hands, I don't think he'd make it. He'd be average at best. That's why I don't understand the Baker Mayfield example. Most Qbs can get by with solid height, intelligence, and average hand size

Actually hand size to a number of coaches is more important than height

scutterhawk

Reaction score
I wonder how good Dave Krieg could have been with bigger hands, seems he was extraordinarily lucky at recovering some of his fumbles, and making some really good plays from them....He also lost a few from fumbleitis...Anyone have any info on MudBone's hand size?

HawkGA

Reaction score
It's not the hand size that matters, it's how you use it.

BigMeach

Reaction score
If you read the tiny print article around it (no idea why it's so small) it seems there are quite a few QBs with bigger hands than Russ and Brees. Dak Prescott is 10.875 for instance.

themunn

Reaction score
“I think guys that have big hands can grip the ball better in those environmental situations (poor weather)"

Yet Russell must be one of the worst starting QBs in the league when the weather conditions start to turn