Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Kam's tweet

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Kam's tweet
Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:58 am
  • Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Re: Kam's tweet
Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 am
  • Embedded the tweet for you.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:28 am
  • Wow Kam. Way to be divisive to a team that has already given you guaranteed money this season even though you are likely to never play a down again.

Christ.

There are three certainties in life. Death, taxes and the perpetual shuffling of the Seattle Seahawks offensive line.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:54 am
  • Turnovers? Are you asking if there are stats for turnovers? Yes Kam, there are stats for turnovers... so passive aggressive.
    SilNWest
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:05 am
  • Maybe he means turnovers that give the offense the ball in their own red zone.

Or perhaps he means total defensive stops, i.e. combined turnovers, punts, missed FGs, turnovers on downs, etc.

I don't know if there are stats for those things. Seahawks circa 2012-15 certainly would have been up there in those categories.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:20 am
  • Get it out in the open. Call them out. Challenge what is unacceptable. Stop pretending there isn't a problem. This is Veteran leadership.

It is time for the offence to be accountable.
    Sterlinghawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:30 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:Or perhaps he means total defensive stops, i.e. combined turnovers, punts, missed FGs, turnovers on downs, etc.

Why isn't there a stat for this that I can easily find?

Another way to think of it is total number of offensive possessions, minus kickoffs received.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:15 am
  • Is there a stat on why a defense can't seem to get off the field and constantly get's beat on 3rd and long?

For the amount of money spent on defense last year, they sure didn't produce. I wouldn't be talking Kam, the D was no better, even with the LOB mostly healthy at the beginning of the season, you got beat over and over when we needed the D to produce a 3 and out.
    MO Hawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:00 am
  • Sterlinghawk wrote:Get it out in the open. Call them out. Challenge what is unacceptable. Stop pretending there isn't a problem. This is Veteran leadership.

Tweeting passive aaggressive BS is leadership? Ok.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:04 am
  • They fired virtually the entire offensive coaching staff. What more do you want them to do?
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:41 am
  • seabowl wrote:They fired virtually the entire offensive coaching staff. What more do you want them to do?

This does seem like odd timing. I thought that game against the Cardinals, what 2 years ago?, like broke the defense. They were too good for too long with an offense that for some reason had just turned to crap.

But bringing it up now? Weird.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:22 am
  • MO Hawk wrote:Is there a stat on why a defense can't seem to get off the field and constantly get's beat on 3rd and long?

Yes, it's called "offsides penalties", but you have to account for the situation when it happens. Luckily we traded that problem away.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:12 am
  • Is there a stat for how many times Kam gets embarrassed in coverage?
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:15 am
  • Damn. I never thought Kam would make a callout like that, especially at this point when he is likely done and still getting paid. This is disappointing, I expected better than that from Kam. :(
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:18 am
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:

04:44? Drunk tweeting is not a good idea Kam. Let the pain pills wear off before you pick up the phone. ;)
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:10 am
  • This is no surprise to me and he wont be the last person to complain. It will be interesting to read or hear more in the upcoming years.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:14 am
  • original poster wrote:Embedded the tweet for you.

Thank u. I'm internet stunted.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:16 am
  • We are gonna hear more stories in the future. Their is more dislike between the two sides then we know or thought. It will all come out. We all thought this was the golden era and while it was, it was also destructive.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:39 am
  • I thought that we had eliminated all of the bad attitudes, but it would appear they missed one. A player with a bad attitude is a loser.
    A player is nothing more than a tool used to accomplish an end result, when the tool wears out, get rid of it and get a new tool, no emotions needed.
    Donn2390
    NET Starter

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:56 am
  • Is there a stat for the number of times that the Defense gave up a gamewinning drive?

Oh wait. There is. It's called Losses.

The revisionism and lack of accountability amongst some of the members of the Defense is ridiculous. Did the Offense mess up on the goal line during the super bowl? Of course. But it was the Defense that gave up a 10 point lead to the Patriots that put them there in the first place. And then there was the Falcons Divisional round game, and so many others.

This sort of attitude doesn't help anything. If Kam doesn't want to buy in anymore, then he should leave (and that hurts me to say, because I will always love the LOB and what they did for this team).
    Eamon696
    NET Practice Squad

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:06 am
  • Finger pointing players that disparage their teammates should be automatically released, Kam isn't above the team and he should know better, cut him now before it gets MUCH worse. Many great players eventually fall into this type of crap when they think they are the "greatest" ever & demand continuous props or they lash out against their teammates, because whatever the teams problems, it's the other guys that are at fault for any problems, not them. IMO, Kam is currently in the beginning stages of "cancer" & is likely frustrated by his status & unhappy because of it.
    <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--> GO SEAHAWKS <--><--><--><--><--><--><--><--><-->
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 am
  • This proves how much of a tool Kam really is. He showed his true colors when he pulled his holdout stunt. He hung his teammates and coaches out to dry. Seattle never should've welcomed him back like they did. Take the cap hit, release him now. He's a problem.
    Thepeelsessions
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:16 am
  • The overreaction is funny to me. :lol:
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:35 am
  • Kam has all the time in the world to look it up.

Ride off into the sunset with some dignity, man. This looks childish.
    Coug_Hawk08
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:38 am
  • It would be cool if someone would get to the bottom of this. This isn't like video evidence of two incidents like Earl Thomas. This looks to be in response to something, but isn't specific. For all we know, he could have run into Darrell Bevell or Tom Cable and gotten into an argument. It's also possible that he's gotten into a greatest defense of all time argument with Ray Lewis and that would be a stat to look at given the offenses they played with.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:51 am
  • Actually, I'm betting this is a continuation of a conversation from last week when the LOB all got together for Sherm's wedding. Some old dogs reminiscing and what not. Probably doing some old dog bickering on Sherm's behalf too. Meh....
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:35 am
  • Sterlinghawk wrote:Get it out in the open. Call them out. Challenge what is unacceptable. Stop pretending there isn't a problem. This is Veteran leadership.

Oh please. Stop endorsing pathetic behavior. This would be like the 85 Bears complaining about the offense. ALL THE MONEYYYY was spent on the defense. They're paid to shoulder a good portion of the load, and for the last two years they couldn't even do that consistently.

When you're paid as much as they're paid, you own your shit and stop whining. They keep talking as if the offense is supposed to be overly prolific and give them a free ride. If the offense was prolific, there'd be LESS spent on defense. Pete decided he wanted a ball safe, low risk/ turnover offense and a defense that can hold the fort. They should be grateful for that
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:46 pm
  • The Legion of BooHoo
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:21 pm
  • Oh and there is no divisive locker room, that's all made up by some posters, many of us have said that was going on but the Rose colored crowd could not handle it, it was all Sherman, or Bennett, many have stated that the 3 and outs for three quarters have been wearing down the defense for years now, yet because the offense was able to get by on Wilsons 4th Qtr heroics it was all fine.

Guess not so much as far as the defense feels. It may change with new coaches and a new OC, but it has been there.

Kam may have been drunk, may be venting since he has nothing to lose as far as salary anyway, he may know more about what's going on with Earl and this is a frustration tweet, who knows. But the fact this is another indication about the separation of the two squads is once again a showing that all is not right in the land of OZ.

I have no problem with him calling out the offense, the defense has been carrying them, scratch that dragging them through games for years. The only way it gets fixed is if it's addressed, Pete and John have not held the offense accountable till very recently with Cable and Bevell being let go and the DC Richard who seemed to use a prevent off the line zone approach in regards to defense rather then a Jam and man to man which we were built on.

Maybe this is calling out Pete, maybe this is Calling out Wilson, or both. But it is asking for accountability going forward of the offense.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:39 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Oh and there is no divisive locker room, that's all made up by some posters, many of us have said that was going on but the Rose colored crowd could not handle it, it was all Sherman, or Bennett, many have stated that the 3 and outs for three quarters have been wearing down the defense for years now, yet because the offense was able to get by on Wilsons 4th Qtr heroics it was all fine.

Guess not so much as far as the defense feels. It may change with new coaches and a new OC, but it has been there.

Kam may have been drunk, may be venting since he has nothing to lose as far as salary anyway, he may know more about what's going on with Earl and this is a frustration tweet, who knows. But the fact this is another indication about the separation of the two squads is once again a showing that all is not right in the land of OZ.

I have no problem with him calling out the offense, the defense has been carrying them, scratch that dragging them through games for years. The only way it gets fixed is if it's addressed, Pete and John have not held the offense accountable till very recently with Cable and Bevell being let go and the DC Richard who seemed to use a prevent off the line zone approach in regards to defense rather then a Jam and man to man which we were built on.

Maybe this is calling out Pete, maybe this is Calling out Wilson, or both. But it is asking for accountability going forward of the offense.

I have no issues if he did it 3 years ago.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:05 pm
  • This is one of those rare times when I can see both sides of the argument.
    In the old days the other O-linemen would have just taken Ifedi out back and beat the crap out of him.
    DomeHawk
    NET Rookie

Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:41 pm
  • Smellyman wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Oh and there is no divisive locker room, that's all made up by some posters, many of us have said that was going on but the Rose colored crowd could not handle it, it was all Sherman, or Bennett, many have stated that the 3 and outs for three quarters have been wearing down the defense for years now, yet because the offense was able to get by on Wilsons 4th Qtr heroics it was all fine.

I have no issues if he did it 3 years ago.

^

Both are very true.....For today and three years ago.

The fact is that what occurred after the SB loss set the tone for where we are today. There was absolutely no cause/effect on that SB play that lost the game. Not one move whatsoever from PC.

I put all this on PC and have for the last several years. He created the environment on both sides of the ball with a legendary defense and a completely inept offense. No moves were made by him to fix the issue from offensive coaches to offensive players. No change in scheme to fit the players strengths either during the week before game preparation or in-game adjustments. It was just sickening to watch game after game and season after season.

Kam is calling out the offense when the one to call out is PC. It's his team and he calls all the shots.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 4:59 pm
  • Kam is correct. The offense has been totally inept. Without a stellar defense, the 'Hawks wouldn't have done shit these past few years. I don't blame a guy for telling the truth. Clearly, there is still something going on behind the scenes. Fault him for putting it out in public if you wish, but don't fault him for telling the truth. I think Pete needs to go. This shit show has been his.
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:29 pm

Yup, there WAS a problem alright, ESPECIALLY when Kam & Co. let Tom Brady eat up that TEN POINT DEFECIT, which was good enough to help them win.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:35 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Sterlinghawk wrote:Get it out in the open. Call them out. Challenge what is unacceptable. Stop pretending there isn't a problem. This is Veteran leadership.

Yup, there WAS a problem alright, ESPECIALLY when Kam & Co. let Tom Brady eat up that TEN POINT DEFECIT, which was good enough to help them win.

Defense was decimated by injuries. Kam had a torn MCL. Sherman had the elbow injury. Earl had a torn labrum that would require surgery. Avril and our nickel corner were both knocked out of the game with injuries.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:37 pm
  • WmHBonney wrote:Kam is correct. The offense has been totally inept. Without a stellar defense, the 'Hawks wouldn't have done shit these past few years. I don't blame a guy for telling the truth. Clearly, there is still something going on behind the scenes. Fault him for putting it out in public if you wish, but don't fault him for telling the truth. I think Pete needs to go. This shit show has been his.

Bullshit...It was Pete's "Shit Show" that got the Seahawks their FIRST Lombardi, it was the collapse of the Defense that allowed Brady to get back into the game, & beat the Seahawks out of their second Lombardi, eh?
    It's a TEAM SPORT.
    Besides, Lynch & Wilson played a big part in winning it all, that's what TEAMS DO.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:44 pm
  • Two words. Childish and Petulant.

In fairness this is consistent with 90% of overall twitter use.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:49 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:
    Sterlinghawk wrote:Get it out in the open. Call them out. Challenge what is unacceptable. Stop pretending there isn't a problem. This is Veteran leadership.

Defense was decimated by injuries. Kam had a torn MCL. Sherman had the elbow injury. Earl had a torn labrum that would require surgery. Avril and our nickel corner were both knocked out of the game with injuries.

I know ALL THIS, and I also know that it's not their fault that they couldn't cut the mustard...Point is, you WIN as a team, and you LOSE as a team, and there's no need for airing dirty laundry.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:57 pm
  • hawknation2018 wrote:The overreaction is funny to me. :lol:

Whose?, Kam's ?, or the Fans?, or both?
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:16 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    scutterhawk wrote:

I know ALL THIS, and I also know that it's not their fault that they couldn't cut the mustard...Point is, you WIN as a team, and you LOSE as a team, and there's no need for airing dirty laundry.

This has always been my issue.

I dont care if the defense calls out the offense, but ideally its in session, training, locker room, hell, even at games.

This passive aggressive jabs at each other via social medial does do any of them any good.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:33 pm
  • We turn a blind eye to the FO and the recent head scratching moves because they were here when we won the Lombardi yet we throw Kam to the wolves for a tweet when he made up a big part of the heartbeat of that championship team.

I have no problem with him jawing, he’s earned it. Without him, Sherm, Lynch and Russ there’s no trophy. Keep talking Kam your insight is invaluable.
    NJlargent
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 6:36 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:The overreaction is funny to me. :lol:

Whose?, Kam's ?, or the Fans?, or both?

I think there are a lot of assumptions/tears/whining on social media, generally.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:04 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Oh and there is no divisive locker room, that's all made up by some posters, many of us have said that was going on but the Rose colored crowd could not handle it, it was all Sherman, or Bennett, many have stated that the 3 and outs for three quarters have been wearing down the defense for years now, yet because the offense was able to get by on Wilsons 4th Qtr heroics it was all fine.

Ok, fine. Maybe do it face to face then...not over Twitter...in April. What the hell Kam? Grow the F up.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:16 pm
  • I don't think Kam was necessarily attacking the offense. To me it sounds like he was generally just asking a question to gauge the defense's effectiveness in said situations. I think people are just taking it personal because of our awareness of the ineffectiveness of the offense.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:36 pm
  • Aros wrote:Wow Kam. Way to be divisive to a team that has already given you guaranteed money this season even though you are likely to never play a down again.

Christ.

Can you really blame him? He's been an integral part of a defense that kept giving the offense tons of opportunities, well above average, and they kept pissing them away in stupid fashion most of the time; for HALF A DECADE.

The NFL is his job. I know I've voiced annoyances about coworkers or other departments in my workplaces before.
    "VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:28 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Aros wrote:Wow Kam. Way to be divisive to a team that has already given you guaranteed money this season even though you are likely to never play a down again.

Christ.

Can you really blame him? He's been an integral part of a defense that kept giving the offense tons of opportunities, well above average, and they kept pissing them away in stupid fashion most of the time; for HALF A DECADE.

The NFL is his job. I know I've voiced annoyances about coworkers or other departments in my workplaces before.

That's all fine and dandy, but I would HOPE that it was specific and to their face, not some vague, cryptic statement said on Facebook or any other social media site.
    Kam is smart enough to know how reckless this type of shit is.. ESPECIALLY with all of the rest of the extra 'noise' surrounding the TEAM.
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:34 pm
  • "They should have NEVER given certain people social media!" :| :roll:

-Me, circa 2009
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:51 pm
  • This was probably the most cancerous locker room of all time last year.

Forgot to get rid of one other guy. Incredible egos for a team sport.

Can't lie, glad we're turning the page from many of them.
    NFSeahawks628
    NET Veteran

Location: Born: Tacoma, WA Current Location: Tally, Seminole Country (Road Hawk)

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:01 pm
  • Seanhawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Oh and there is no divisive locker room, that's all made up by some posters, many of us have said that was going on but the Rose colored crowd could not handle it, it was all Sherman, or Bennett, many have stated that the 3 and outs for three quarters have been wearing down the defense for years now, yet because the offense was able to get by on Wilsons 4th Qtr heroics it was all fine.

Ok, fine. Maybe do it face to face then...not over Twitter...in April. What the hell Kam? Grow the F up.

Pretty sure the defense did do it face to face, remember Sherman, even the offense has, Graham, Lynch, Baldwin.

Type A personality's confront, following the company line and chain of command can be tried but if the message gets hushed and diluted in not wanting to hurt feelings and soften blows then the message isn't really sent then is it.

We have socially been programmed to trust leaders, bosses, and hierarchy to do the right thing and that they will listen to the rank and file and act surprised when nothing happens. Fear of repercussions for standing and speaking up has suppressed the freedom and confidence that voices will be heard. When someone does speak up now day they are now looked at as a disruption. Wonder how many would think and react if they had lived in the 60's.
    Last edited by chris98251 on Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:05 pm
  • MO Hawk wrote:Is there a stat on why a defense can't seem to get off the field and constantly get's beat on 3rd and long?

For the amount of money spent on defense last year, they sure didn't produce. I wouldn't be talking Kam, the D was no better, even with the LOB mostly healthy at the beginning of the season, you got beat over and over when we needed the D to produce a 3 and out.

That defense held both the Packers and Rams to under 17 points in their own houses. Might want to check scoreboards before throwing out revisionist history.

Kam needs to keep his mouth shut, but he's not wrong about the offense. And this board knew it full well at the time. It's faded from memory now compared to the newness of Kam's tweet, but this board knew it full well at the time.
    GO HAWKS!!!

Visit my Seahawks blog at 17power.blogspot.com!
    MontanaHawk05
    * 17Power Blogger *

Next

It is currently Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information