Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Biggest surprise Seattle could pull in the draft?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • Not trade down.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Shocking.

Only way we don't trade down to get more picks is if we trade Earl and get a 2nd and 3rd, or something like that................and even if we do trade and get picks, we might still trade down if the player John and Pete wanted is off the board.

Cause PC and JS do what they do, stockpile picks and look for mid round value.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Seattle trades Russell Wilson to the Giants for Eli Manning and No. 2 pick...then selects Josh Allen QB.
    hardtack
    NET Bench Warmer

• Seattle trades Bobby Wagner to the 49ers for a future 4th round pick and uses it to trade up in the 5th for a DE from University of New Hampshire.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• hardtack wrote:Seattle trades Russell Wilson to the Giants for Eli Manning and No. 2 pick...then selects Josh Allen QB.

Two mediocre QB's for one good one, that's quite the shocking trade.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• mistaowen wrote:Seattle trades Bobby Wagner to the 49ers for a future 4th round pick and uses it to trade up in the 5th for a DE from University of New Hampshire.

seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• hardtack wrote:Seattle trades Russell Wilson to the Giants for Eli Manning and No. 2 pick...then selects Josh Allen QB.

We are scouting Allen so we can pick him up cheap in 3-4 years after he washes out and attempt a rehab.
    crosfam
    NET Starter

ick!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

Shocking.

Only way we don't trade down to get more picks is if we trade Earl and get a 2nd and 3rd, or something like that................and even if we do trade and get picks, we might still trade down if the player John and Pete wanted is off the board.

Cause PC and JS do what they do, stockpile picks and look for mid round value.

If they trade Earl for a 1st, they'll then be trading down with two 1sts.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• Trade down, draft Taven Bryan at 24, then trade ET for a 2nd and 3rd and draft Justin Reid in the 2nd and Rashaad Penny in the 3rd. Draft Kyle Lauletta in the 4th, Braden Smith or Wyatt Teller in the 5th, Matthew Thomas in the 5th, Trenton Thompson also in the 5th, Chris Campbell in the 5th, David Wells or Dimitri Flowers in the 7th for TE or TE/FB respectively, and then maybe Troy Apke with the last pick and see if they want to make him a S/CB developmental player just because he's the best athlete at DB in the draft. If Terrell Edmunds is there in the 5th, I may not draft one of those guards at all or maybe just take a guard with the last pick. Highly athletic developmental player, but not a DL convert. Korey Cunningham maybe to play G/T after 2 years training.

EDIT: Actually yeah, if Edmunds is there in the 5th then those gaurds be damned. I'm taking Edmunds. Future starter at SS to go along with Reid. Korey Cunningham can be the last pick.

EDIT: As you can see, I'm not resting on Thompson and Hill as our future safeties. Both have questions.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhh damnit I want that draft. Proly get a couple of rocks to bang together and a coke and a smile....

EDIT: Not convinced that Cunningham will be available in the 7th. He's better than they say. Needs work and weight, but he's a prospect.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Oh yeah, if we trade down from 18 to 24, maybe we get a 4th for that. THEN! AND THEN!?!?! The 4th can be used for either Matthew Thomas or Terrell Edmunds. Not sure which would be valued more at this point. I'd probably lean Thomas at that point. Dude's like somewhere between Wagner and Kam, as drastically different as their body types are. Thomas is long and lanky like KJ, but he has a natural understanding of gravity, leverage, and angles that makes him a natural football player and hitter like Wagner and Kam are (superior equilibrium?). He'd be a pain in the ass taking over for KJ. Like an evil spawn of Wagner and Kam, as gross and weird as that is.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Oh yeah, Kyzir White is another guy in those mid rounds who's in play if he's there. Another big hitter that translates to the NFL. We need to get that back.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Also, you may just need to use 18 on Bryan. An interesting thing about him as a DL is that he often engages in grabbing the OL vs the other way around, and sometimes throws them down, in fact. Has that dog trait where you're only in the way. Maybe a little bit Waterboy.

vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• What if Davenport and Hernandez are sitting there at #18 when the Hawks turn to pick?

You still make that trade?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• Tough call no doubt.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I'm high on Hernandez. Dude looks like a nasty man.
    Could still be available after a trade down.
    Hendo66
    NET Veteran

• Have seen a ton of mocks, not that mocks mean crap, having us trading down and taking CB Josh Jackson. Intriguing for sure.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:What if Davenport and Hernandez are sitting there at #18 when the Hawks turn to pick?

You still make that trade?

If Earl isn't traded, I think you have to make that trade.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Hollandhawk wrote:Earl+our first (and possibly more) to trade up to 4 and grab Saquon Barkley

:lol: at 'and possibly more'

If they did that move, there is no possibly.. we'd be giving up essentially this years draft and important pieces from next year.

The BIGGEST surprise on draft night would be them staying at 18 and not moving back to recoup lost picks.
    ImTheScientist wrote:This guy is the closest thing to beast mode we will ever see. You got a glimpse of that yesterday. He was instantly my favorite player when they signed him. Give the dude a chance and don't overreact or overthink preseason. Go Hawks. Lacy will rush for 1,100 and 10TDs. Bend the knee.
    Hasselbeck
    * NET Sage *

• Lord Hellyeah. Look at his measurables.

vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Another SPARQ freak.

vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• Taylor has a visit scheduled with the Hawks. I don't know what round he's slated to go in, but hopefully there's legitimate interest there.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:Another SPARQ freak.

This is the kind of pick most of the chatter I've read about what the Hawks are going to do in the draft. Try and get that hybrid Michael Bennett type.

Which is good, cause these are the type of players that can slip down far enough for us to trade back and still grab them, because they don't fit into a conventional DT/DE/LB position.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Another SPARQ freak.

This is the kind of pick most of the chatter I've read about what the Hawks are going to do in the draft. Try and get that hybrid Michael Bennett type.

Which is good, cause these are the type of players that can slip down far enough for us to trade back and still grab them, because they don't fit into a conventional DT/DE/LB position.

For players at DT/DE (not edge pass rushers), only Taven Bryan has a higher SPARQ score than Taylor and Taylor has some traits that are even better.

6'4 294
    34.375 inch arms to Bryan's 32.75
    4.94 40 to Bryan's 4.98
    1.6 10 yard split vs Bryan's 1.68

Bryan is a better leaper, but Taylor is going to have interest by a lot of teams. I want one of them for sure, but the bang for the buck makes me want to see Taylor in a Hawk uni so hopefully we play the cards right. If he's slightly overdrafted, I think I'd be OK with that given that he wouldn't cost a 1st like Bryan.

Two more weeks!
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• https://3sigmaathlete.com

3 sigma numbers were updated a couple days ago. Some values can be a bit off, such as John Kelly's 40 time, but y'all should have a look.
    vin.couve12
    NET Veteran

• vin.couve12 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:
    vin.couve12 wrote:Another SPARQ freak.

For players at DT/DE (not edge pass rushers), only Taven Bryan has a higher SPARQ score than Taylor and Taylor has some traits that are even better.

6'4 294
    34.375 inch arms to Bryan's 32.75
    4.94 40 to Bryan's 4.98
    1.6 10 yard split vs Bryan's 1.68

Bryan is a better leaper, but Taylor is going to have interest by a lot of teams. I want one of them for sure, but the bang for the buck makes me want to see Taylor in a Hawk uni so hopefully we play the cards right. If he's slightly overdrafted, I think I'd be OK with that given that he wouldn't cost a 1st like Bryan.

Two more weeks!

Well he's not projected to go until the 5th or 6th, which was my point. Taylor is the kind of hybrid SPARQ player John and Pete have higher on their board than most teams. Thus I could see us grabbing him in the 4th, or even low 3rd if we can trade down and grab some more picks.

I HATE even thinking about us trading down with #18, usually you can get a stud at 18. But IMO we don't have a choice with no 2nd or 3rd rounders. Gotta try and get one of those back.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• SeatownJay wrote:
    HawkGA wrote:Not trading back with the first pick would be a huge surprise!

Here's my surprise. Not only do they not trade back, but they use the 18th pick on Baker Mayfield, who slips down to them.

How do they trade back out of 18 and get Mayfeild there again. Counting on my fingers....not
    Seeing it
    Pina Colonics
    NET Bench Warmer

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Have seen a ton of mocks, not that mocks mean crap, having us trading down and taking CB Josh Jackson. Intriguing for sure.

Just in case you haven't been following that closely, Josh Jackson has the ideal physical traits to be an outside corner in our system along with really good ball skills. Given our hole at RCB and his presumed availability late in the first it looks like a natural fit and I've taken him in a few mocks as well.

That being said, our drafting history obviously isn't favorable towards taking secondary players early since the selection of Earl eight seasons ago. Our FO has shown they can find secondary help in the mid rounds of the draft; Griffin was an early CB last year for us at the end of the third. We like taking linemen early so it does seem like interior OL, 3 tech DT or edge is a more likely day 1 pick.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

• AgentDib wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Have seen a ton of mocks, not that mocks mean crap, having us trading down and taking CB Josh Jackson. Intriguing for sure.

Just in case you haven't been following that closely, Josh Jackson has the ideal physical traits to be an outside corner in our system along with really good ball skills. Given our hole at RCB and his presumed availability late in the first it looks like a natural fit and I've taken him in a few mocks as well.

That being said, our drafting history obviously isn't favorable towards taking secondary players early since the selection of Earl eight seasons ago. Our FO has shown they can find secondary help in the mid rounds of the draft; Griffin was an early CB last year for us at the end of the third. We like taking linemen early so it does seem like interior OL, 3 tech DT or edge is a more likely day 1 pick.

Interestingly Tony Pauline thinks Seattle could take a CB in the first also.

Would certainly be a change in history, but I trust Pauline more than anyone else in the draft world.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Hopefully they can trade down and add some picks, but maybe just down a little bit in the 1st and still get a solid guy there.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• original poster wrote:
    AgentDib wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Have seen a ton of mocks, not that mocks mean crap, having us trading down and taking CB Josh Jackson. Intriguing for sure.

Interestingly Tony Pauline thinks Seattle could take a CB in the first also.

Would certainly be a change in history, but I trust Pauline more than anyone else in the draft world.

We had our pick for a while and the league caught up to us and is looking at the same types of guys, if we want someone that may be a difference maker 4th and 5th round probably won't cut it now. 3rd and above for a CB that may play right away. Still don't think we go there with our existing back log of guys waiting for their chance.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I think they trade Wilson for the #1 pick.
    northseahawk
    NET Veteran

• northseahawk wrote:I think they trade Wilson for the #1 pick.

hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:Not trading out of the first round would surprise me.
    Trading Russ or Earl would be beyond stupid.

Trading Earl might work but trading Russell would be beyond stupid.
    BigBill1945
    NET Veteran

• Hollandhawk wrote:Earl+our first (and possibly more) to trade up to 4 and grab Saquon Barkley

Saquon will be gone by pick three.
    nrayorr
    NET Rookie

• Lamar Jackson at we trade down a time or two.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Wenhawk
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:

Yeah, he is bigger, stronger and faster. Would be a great first day if we could get him. Think this is just the FO scouting for a couple of years down the line.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• If the right player falls they stick 'n pick at 18. Vita Vea, Derwin James among others
    might be worth it. Don't think it couldn't happen. Warren Sapp, Aaron Rogers who fell
    to...what 21 ?

Then you eat it until 120. Doubt that will happen. JS gonna want his 10 picks.
    "All in the game yo, all in the game"
    Omar Devon Little
    1980-2007
    two dog
    NET Veteran

• I think they trade down w/Carolina, adding a 3rd for trading down, and end up picking Josh Jackson with that pick.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Yeah I read that too on few websites.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Sounds like his style and size fits in with the scheme pretty well.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Trade RW for the #1 pick and draft a punter.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

• Seahawks trade Pete Carroll to the Patriots for Gronk and Tom Brady and Wilson to the Jets for a 3rd and two 5th rounders.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Seattle trades for AAron Rodgers and Danica Patrick/Summer India (yeah look it up, true story) for Russell Wilson and Bobby Wagner and a Packers 3rd.
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

• Biggest surprise, trading up in the first round?

Never gonna happen.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Biggest shock will be that we actually keep our first and trade earl for the 2nd and 3rd round we are missing. Get it done!!
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• I'm gonna say Justin Britt is traded for a third round pick.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information