2018-19 NFL schedule should come out within the next 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkfish

Reaction score
"Day 1 of the 2018 NFL Draft is April 26. So that would put schedule release day on April 19, if the 2017 template is followed, and sometime that week seems like a virtual certainty."

Brad Berreman, FanSided

Finally get to talk about something concrete in the next 10 days or so....

HawkGA

Reaction score
I'd been thinking the preseason schedule should come out soon.

Since they play the AFC West in the regular season, I wonder if they'll change up their preseason opponents.

summesm

Reaction score
looks like we will open on the road as the Mariners are in town against the Yankees opening week and a one o clock start Sunday the ninth. But maybe we could get the late Monday night game at home but highly doubtful. id say first home game comes week 2. we already know they will be in London on Oct 14 and most likely will get the bye the week later Oct 21.

original poster

Reaction score
I've been able to work out that the opening game will be against one of the following teams -

Bears
Panthers
Broncos
NFC West

The game will be on the road.

It can't be the Lions as their stadium is hosting Ed Sheeran that night.

It can't be the Raiders as that game is in London.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Always a fun time of year. The schedule leaks coming out, predicting who the opener will be etc. Playing the Raiders in the 4th game of the pre-season for like 126 straight years gets a little old :lol:

HawkGA

Reaction score
original poster":3h64fprk said:
I've been able to work out that the opening game will be against one of the following teams -

Bears
Panthers
Broncos
NFC West

What about the Rams? Are they out? I know their home game schedule is dependent on the Trojan schedule, right?

I'm going to guess the Panthers.

original poster

Reaction score
HawkGA":2vfyzk15 said:
original poster":2vfyzk15 said:

Bears
Panthers
Broncos
NFC West

What about the Rams? Are they out? I know their home game schedule is dependent on the Trojan schedule, right?

I'm going to guess the Panthers.

Yeah. I listed the whole NFC West as possibility :)

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1i3v4y0d said:
Always a fun time of year. The schedule leaks coming out, predicting who the opener will be etc. Playing the Raiders in the 4th game of the pre-season for like 126 straight years gets a little old :lol:

I kind of like the idea of seeing Chuckie, he will be in show the world mode I am back.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
True, entertaining to say the least. Though the 4th game is pretty much all backups. I still love watching the bubble players trying to make that last impression for the Hawks or another team.

original poster

Reaction score
Yeah for anyone that really follows the roster closely that 4th preseason game is brilliant!

summesm

Reaction score
just read article(sporting news) that they might not be ready to announce schedule till after draft??? Really wow . Hope it was wrong and we see it Thursday as everyone thought it would be released. Got lot of plane tickets and hotels to book lol.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Making people wait is pretty weak. At the minimum, give us the dates and times of the pre-season. We have lives to plan around football :2thumbs:

kidhawk

Reaction score
Just heard it's going to be released on Thursday. Will be live on NFL network.

Of course we'll start hearing leaks prior to that, but the schedule will be official in just 2 days

EDIT: Here's a link about it on NFL.com

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000927050/article/nfl-to-release-2018-regularseason-schedule-thursday[/urltargetblank]

The schedule will be announced exclusively on NFL Network during the 2018 NFL Schedule Release Presented by Verizon at 8 p.m. ET on Thursday as part of a two-hour long special. The special will be hosted by Scott Hanson and feature NFL Network analysts Steve Mariucci, Kurt Warner and Maurice Jones-Drew. It'll break down the entire schedule, division by division, analyzing the top matchups and prime-time games, including the 18-game Thursday Night Football schedule on FOX and NFL Network.

HawkGA

Reaction score
original poster":2o0go0eo said:
KitsapGuy":2o0go0eo said:
Monday Night Home Opener against 49'ERS.

I'd LOVE to get the Monday night game out the way in week 1.

I don't think there is necessarily a Monday night game to "get out of the way." There used to be a rule that every team got at least one primetime game and this was often used for Sunday night (back when ESPN had Sunday night, and now Monday night has become the new Sunday night). But I don't believe that rule exists anymore (see Browns last year). So we might well not get a Monday night game for the Seahawks.

That said, I've been very surprised they have yet to get a Monday night season opener given that they do two Monday night games in Week 1 and the second one has to be on the west coast.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I'll be surprised if the HAWKS get more than two prime time games this year.

One could be against the Whiners but if so, then I expect it to be later in the season to make sure that Sherm will be one of the storylines.

And #2 could be against the Lambs considering how they took over the division last year.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I fully expect our schedule to be lacking in prime time games as well. We will get a Thursday game, and although it's not prime time in the states, our London game is in Prime time in the UK (making it an early game here). So I see us getting those two and likely one SNF early and another later in the year flexed in if we are competitive. My current guess is we get 3 on the schedule (including the London game....2 if you don't count London)

My best guess for the opener is Away week 1 and the home opener week 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.