Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks sign former Washington QB Stephen Morris

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • As above.

www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• 6"2 218 pounds by the looks of it.

Has played for the Eagles, Jags, Colts and most recently the Redskins. He went undrafted in 2014.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Just watched a few series from him, really like the guy actually.

Seems confident in the pocket and can make throws. He seems pretty accurate down field, too.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Play football. And don't hit women. I like.
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Haven't heard of him but better than Krapper!
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

• I'm sure he's amazing
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

• "For Emergency Use ONLY"
    Superbowl XLVIII Champions..."Can't keep everyone."
    onanygivensunday
    NET Veteran

• I hope he never plays a meaningful down. That's not a knock on him. It's more that RW gives the Seahawks the best chance to win as QB. If Morris isn't playing that means Wilson is. Since currently they are the two QBs on the roster.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Just read this on twitter..

Guess who his QB coach was? Brian Schottenheimer. Very interesting.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Was this guy ever even the primary backup when he was on the Colts?
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• great, another gutless backup QB move. Hopefully he never has to play. Anyone saying, "I LIKE THIS, HE LOOKS GOOD!", you're living in a fantasy world. This FO continues to believe it's own hype and continues to try to be too cute because a few moves coupled with Carroll's college scouting paid off early.

I'm in no way saying we should move on from shneider and carroll; they are obviously the best this organization has ever had and I'm glad we have them. But the cute moves need to stop. Austin Davis is trash, that's why he's no longer here.
    Hawknballs
    NET Veteran

• RE: Our FO....They WERE the best we have ever had......You certainly do not get to say that about the last 3 years. It isn't Flores but I think it isn't great either.

RE: This guy
    We will see how he looks in preseason. But considering the problems the Colts had, and the garbage QBs they had at backup that started over the past few years - I am wary of a guy that was not even a good enough backup for them to keep.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• TwistedHusky wrote:RE: Our FO....They WERE the best we have ever had......You certainly do not get to say that about the last 3 years. It isn't Flores but I think it isn't great either.

RE: This guy
    We will see how he looks in preseason. But considering the problems the Colts had, and the garbage QBs they had at backup that started over the past few years - I am wary of a guy that was not even a good enough backup for them to keep.

For real. Plus, you know who doesn't get to have an "EGO"? Guys that suck. Believe me, Russell and a shit load of other ballers have egos. It's part of what makes them "GO".
    Love, Peace & Elbow Grease. Let's ROLL, Hawks!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• Meh, they sign 235 guys ever year, relax.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Hawknballs wrote:great, another gutless backup QB move. Hopefully he never has to play. Anyone saying, "I LIKE THIS, HE LOOKS GOOD!", you're living in a fantasy world. This FO continues to believe it's own hype and continues to try to be too cute because a few moves coupled with Carroll's college scouting paid off early.

I'm in no way saying we should move on from shneider and carroll; they are obviously the best this organization has ever had and I'm glad we have them. But the cute moves need to stop. Austin Davis is trash, that's why he's no longer here.

So they should what....just sit on their nut sacks and do NOTHING in the off-season???
    It's pretty cut & dried....There is no one AVAILABLE that is better than Russell Wilson, AND, if there was somebody that could challenge RW for the starting job, he'd expect to be PAID a hell of a lot more than backup QB money....Money that the Seahawks don't have.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• And why get all bent out of shape over one of a ridiculous amount of signings that often never come close to making the team?
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Or you could draft a promising QB in the later rounds that might potentially turn into trade capital.

You know, like a smarter better run organization like the Patriots tends to do?

Just a thought.

We got burned on the last one. But I am not sure that a guy that blows off a bowl game the night before the game shouldn't have been red flagged anyway.

It does not mean the approach was not sound, just the execution was flawed.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

• They still may do that. This guy played under Schott for multiple years so he has added value in helping the other guys pick up the new offense and if Schott saw something he liked and wanted to bring him in then I think its probably not a bad idea. He's not a lock to make the team and they can still sign someone and/or draft someone.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

• Hawknballs wrote:great, another gutless backup QB move. Hopefully he never has to play. Anyone saying, "I LIKE THIS, HE LOOKS GOOD!", you're living in a fantasy world. This FO continues to believe it's own hype and continues to try to be too cute because a few moves coupled with Carroll's college scouting paid off early.

I disagree from what I saw of Davis ..He has speed and can throw the ball on slants like a bullet..
    He may not be a great deep ball guy but from 1-20 yrds he looked good.
    The plus side was that he is tall enough to see the whole field just like Morris can.
    Both have speed but are not better than RW of course but I don't think they have had
    the chances and a defense like RW had ..In fact I know Morris never did and he
    was in Indy playing behind Luck when he was able to play all season.I'm higher on
    Davis than Morris and I hope they have both in camp to see who backs up RW.
    That is of course if RW isn't traded off (do not laugh) :lol:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

1. Russell has never missed a game in his six year career. Not one.

2. This team is not currently set up to compete for a Super Bowl. Despite the words that come out of the VMAC, they know this to be true as well. Considering our cap situation and the number of guys going into their contract years, spending big money on insurance for Russell makes very little sense, though it would be different if we were legit Super Bowl contenders going into the year.

3. It is 100 percent possible that they have a guy targeted in the draft that they're confident they can get at the right time that they'd expect to be the backup. This Morris signing could be nothing more than having an extra arm during the offseason workouts.

4. Simmer down.
    "There is no delay of game. We did not let the team know we were scratching our balls"
    IBleedBlueAndGreen
    * NET Injury Guru *

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Meh, they sign 235 guys ever year, relax.

This.

Don't they have some OTAs before the draft? They need an extra arm at some point just to give Russ some relief. It's not like's being brought in to sub for Russ on the game-winning drive of the Super Bowl.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• I just wonder if this is a political move.. to justify not having any interest in Kaep, other than that kinda weak "won't stand" argument.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

• We're screwed without Russ, so might as well save some $$$$ and hire an Uber dirver and give him a clipboard.
    Tusc2000
    NET Rookie

• TwistedHusky wrote:Or you could draft a promising QB in the later rounds that might potentially turn into trade capital.

You know, like a smarter better run organization like the Patriots tends to do?

Just a thought.

We got burned on the last one. But I am not sure that a guy that blows off a bowl game the night before the game shouldn't have been red flagged anyway.

It does not mean the approach was not sound, just the execution was flawed.

From what I'm reading here, is that no matter what moves they make, you'll disagree, and nit-pick it to death.
    Pete & Co. have fielded a Super Bowl winning team, & have a lot more savvy that a few disgruntled fans in here.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

• Tusc2000 wrote:We're screwed without Russ, so might as well save some $$$$ and hire an Uber dirver and give him a clipboard.

Frankly after a season plus out of the league for Kaep not the know what his position is on the anthem indicates how messed up his thinking is. I get the political argument his protest is directed towards however if he wants to play ball he needs to play ball instead of protesting.

He’s done in the NFL until his position clarifies. He talked himself out of a possible job. I’m not disappointed he wasn’t signed here.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Tusc2000 wrote:We're screwed without Russ, so might as well save some $$$$ and hire an Uber dirver and give him a clipboard.

I don't like this line of thinking.

Case Keenum just went to the NFC Championship Game. Blake Bortles did, as well. Nick Foles just won the Super Bowl.

Backup quarterbacks can obviously end up having value.
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: CJ Prosise, Quill Griffin
    2016/2017 Adopt-A-UDFA: Lene Maiava, Jordan Roos
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Holy cow, what a lot of negativity over the signing of a back-up QB, who will likely only see the field in the pre-season. I doubt they are done but at least we won’t have the circus that attaches to Kaepernick. Quite possibly too, this QB may be a better multi read QB than Kaep.

Let’s wait and see what happens here, we may see others signed.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    Tusc2000 wrote:We're screwed without Russ, so might as well save some $$$$ and hire an Uber dirver and give him a clipboard.

I don't like this line of thinking.

Case Keenum just went to the NFC Championship Game. Blake Bortles did, as well. Nick Foles just won the Super Bowl.

Backup quarterbacks can obviously end up having value.

If this were 2015-16 I would totally agree with you. Those teams could carry a halfway decent backup, and we could still make the playoffs and potentially go far.

But without Russ I don't think we have the talent or depth any more to realistically compete for the playoffs. Russ is so important to this team that he is the main -- and perhaps only -- reason we have a shot at reaching the playoffs in an increasingly tough division.

Are we that bad now? No. We're a pretty decent team overall, but we've lost some big guns. Russ can make up a lot of the slack. I'm not sure anyone else we could bring in as a backup QB could lead us to the playoffs.

My two cents. (BTW I'd be happy if I were wrong on this).
    Tusc2000
    NET Rookie

• I think I'd rather have Zack Morris...
    Go SeaHawks
    SeaChase
    NET Veteran

• His accuracy seems a little erratic (a lot of high balls), but he has worked with our new OC and should be another source of information for Russell inside and outside of the QB room.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• Is it pre-season yet? Have we seen them play? We seem to know a lot around here without seeing a single snap.

We're not looking to replace Wilson; we're looking to replace Davis.

For the folks wanting to draft a QB late and turn him into draft stock, the only way those guys get seen is their starter isn't playing due to suspension or injury. Why would you want that for us? I'd like our backup to be a pre-season hero and otherwise a forgotten nobody who never takes the field.
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:40 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information