As above.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/984740861555724288[/tweet]

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
6"2 218 pounds by the looks of it.

Has played for the Eagles, Jags, Colts and most recently the Redskins. He went undrafted in 2014.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Just watched a few series from him, really like the guy actually.

Seems confident in the pocket and can make throws. He seems pretty accurate down field, too.

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
[youtube]Xe2Oa2trG4U[/youtube]

Play football. And don't hit women. I like.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I hope he never plays a meaningful down. That's not a knock on him. It's more that RW gives the Seahawks the best chance to win as QB. If Morris isn't playing that means Wilson is. Since currently they are the two QBs on the roster.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Just read this on twitter..

Guess who his QB coach was? Brian Schottenheimer. Very interesting.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Was this guy ever even the primary backup when he was on the Colts?

Hawknballs

Reaction score
great, another gutless backup QB move. Hopefully he never has to play. Anyone saying, "I LIKE THIS, HE LOOKS GOOD!", you're living in a fantasy world. This FO continues to believe it's own hype and continues to try to be too cute because a few moves coupled with Carroll's college scouting paid off early.

I'm in no way saying we should move on from shneider and carroll; they are obviously the best this organization has ever had and I'm glad we have them. But the cute moves need to stop. Austin Davis is trash, that's why he's no longer here.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
RE: Our FO....They WERE the best we have ever had......You certainly do not get to say that about the last 3 years. It isn't Flores but I think it isn't great either.

RE: This guy
We will see how he looks in preseason. But considering the problems the Colts had, and the garbage QBs they had at backup that started over the past few years - I am wary of a guy that was not even a good enough backup for them to keep.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
TwistedHusky":7zu8t3ho said:
RE: Our FO....They WERE the best we have ever had......You certainly do not get to say that about the last 3 years. It isn't Flores but I think it isn't great either.

RE: This guy
We will see how he looks in preseason. But considering the problems the Colts had, and the garbage QBs they had at backup that started over the past few years - I am wary of a guy that was not even a good enough backup for them to keep.

For real. Plus, you know who doesn't get to have an "EGO"? Guys that suck. Believe me, Russell and a shit load of other ballers have egos. It's part of what makes them "GO".

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":3dz51iz6 said:
great, another gutless backup QB move. Hopefully he never has to play. Anyone saying, "I LIKE THIS, HE LOOKS GOOD!", you're living in a fantasy world. This FO continues to believe it's own hype and continues to try to be too cute because a few moves coupled with Carroll's college scouting paid off early.

I'm in no way saying we should move on from shneider and carroll; they are obviously the best this organization has ever had and I'm glad we have them. But the cute moves need to stop. Austin Davis is trash, that's why he's no longer here.
So they should what....just sit on their nut sacks and do NOTHING in the off-season???
It's pretty cut & dried....There is no one AVAILABLE that is better than Russell Wilson, AND, if there was somebody that could challenge RW for the starting job, he'd expect to be PAID a hell of a lot more than backup QB money....Money that the Seahawks don't have.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And why get all bent out of shape over one of a ridiculous amount of signings that often never come close to making the team?

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Or you could draft a promising QB in the later rounds that might potentially turn into trade capital.

You know, like a smarter better run organization like the Patriots tends to do?

Just a thought.

We got burned on the last one. But I am not sure that a guy that blows off a bowl game the night before the game shouldn't have been red flagged anyway.

It does not mean the approach was not sound, just the execution was flawed.

Ozzy

Reaction score
They still may do that. This guy played under Schott for multiple years so he has added value in helping the other guys pick up the new offense and if Schott saw something he liked and wanted to bring him in then I think its probably not a bad idea. He's not a lock to make the team and they can still sign someone and/or draft someone.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Hawknballs":22ssxa7k said:

I disagree from what I saw of Davis ..He has speed and can throw the ball on slants like a bullet..
He may not be a great deep ball guy but from 1-20 yrds he looked good.
The plus side was that he is tall enough to see the whole field just like Morris can.
Both have speed but are not better than RW of course but I don't think they have had
the chances and a defense like RW had ..In fact I know Morris never did and he
was in Indy playing behind Luck when he was able to play all season.I'm higher on
Davis than Morris and I hope they have both in camp to see who backs up RW.
That is of course if RW isn't traded off (do not laugh) :lol:

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
Hawknballs":19ovhz4i said:

1. Russell has never missed a game in his six year career. Not one.

2. This team is not currently set up to compete for a Super Bowl. Despite the words that come out of the VMAC, they know this to be true as well. Considering our cap situation and the number of guys going into their contract years, spending big money on insurance for Russell makes very little sense, though it would be different if we were legit Super Bowl contenders going into the year.

3. It is 100 percent possible that they have a guy targeted in the draft that they're confident they can get at the right time that they'd expect to be the backup. This Morris signing could be nothing more than having an extra arm during the offseason workouts.

4. Simmer down.