If we trade Earl , what do we do then

hawxfreak

Reaction score
If we do trade Earl like all of the media says will possibly be a draft day trade what then do you think we should do with the cap
I'd say and why but with all the questions we have at different spots on the team there are a million reasons
I'd try and get more pass rush but at this point I'm not sure how to go about it . Suh and sheldon are gone which I'm not sure i would've paid what they were asking anyway but where is the next good target at ? I relly don't know so like john and pete I'd have to turn over some serious amounts of stones
What would you do ?

sdog1981

Reaction score
Part of the Earl trade is part of the Patriots plan. Stay young and cheap on defense and get old on offense. The three-year plan will be based on 100% turn over of the Oline and Defense with Wilson and Baldwin being some of the only holdovers. Then the team will have the cap flexibility to bring in players in there 30's for one and two-year deals.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Kenny Vacarro to play SS and let McDougal fight it out with the 2nd yr safties for time.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

original poster

Reaction score
With the cap space -

Extend Tyler Lockett and Frank Clark (assuming Cliff is also done)

With the draft capital -

Trade back if it's a 1st, along with our #18 and make 5 day 2 selections.

This draft is incredibly deep in the early stages but not so much at the top. You will get very, very similar talent in the 2nd round as you will from 20-32.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
sdog1981":3p6u05r7 said:
Part of the Earl trade is part of the Patriots plan. Stay young and cheap on defense and get old on offense. The three-year plan will be based on 100% turn over of the Oline and Defense with Wilson and Baldwin being some of the only holdovers. Then the team will have the cap flexibility to bring in players in there 30's for one and two-year deals.

McCourty cost slightly more against the cap than Thomas last year. And he's two years older.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Stephen Gilmore is a year younger than Thomas. Will count $12.5 million against the cap this year. $13.6 million next year with $10 million dead cap.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Hightower is Thomas' age. Will cost $8.5 million this year.