Prime time games! But which one....

Lwrb25

Reaction score
Appealing to the much more informed masses than myself!

I've convinced the girlfriend that we should celebrate my 30th by finally going to Seattle, and of course, the Clink! We're looking at Nov/Dec time. Given there are three prime time games around this time, I wondered which one you would recommend most, based on atmosphere, opponent, and I guess the likelihood of getting tickets!

Looking at the following as options:

Week 11: TNF - Packers
Week 13: SNF - 49ers
Week 14: MNF - Vikings

Of course, any tips on how we will be able to get tickets, massively appreciated!!

OP
OP
L

Lwrb25

Reaction score
original poster":34nqxw2v said:
TNF 100% for me

Hey OP, cheers for the reply! As a fellow Brit, why do you say this? It's already appealing to me slightly more (just because my housemate - who isn't coming) is a Packers fan!

Is there something amazing about TNF? (Other than the players hating it!)

original poster

Reaction score
Lwrb25":n649cs5y said:
original poster":n649cs5y said:
TNF 100% for me

Hey OP, cheers for the reply! As a fellow Brit, why do you say this? It's already appealing to me slightly more (just because my housemate - who isn't coming) is a Packers fan!

Is there something amazing about TNF? (Other than the players hating it!)

No it's just purely from a matchup perspective for me, It's probably the one I'd pick but in reality any of the games listed will likely be good!

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I'd want to be there for a smackdown of the upstart whiners and Sherman getting rinsed by Wilson.

I'd imagine Thursday night would be easier to get tickets for.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
SNF if you want to actually see them possibly win. Also the team has always done well on SNF.

mikeak

Reaction score
I am giving away my secret here but TNF

1) great game
2) stay through Saturday and see UW play

kidhawk

Reaction score
bigskydoc":x5c6vnjx said:
Won't TNF be a color rush game?

That could be a deal breaker for some like me.

Someone posted in one of the uniform threads that color rush is supposed to be voluntary moving forward. As we are the home team, I believe we would get the option if that is the case and hopefully that means we would skip it. I think at this point it's impossible to know for certain.

I absolutely abhor the green jerseys (uniforms), but I did actually see the old version (which may actually have been worse) when we played a home game against the Bears. We lost that game, but it was a really fun game to watch from the stands. Having ugly uniforms really didn't detract from my ability to enjoy the game at all. I will say that losing in them didn't help my hatred of them though.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Lwrb25":jiox137m said:
Appealing to the much more informed masses than myself!

I've convinced the girlfriend that we should celebrate my 30th by finally going to Seattle, and of course, the Clink! We're looking at Nov/Dec time. Given there are three prime time games around this time, I wondered which one you would recommend most, based on atmosphere, opponent, and I guess the likelihood of getting tickets!

Looking at the following as options:

Week 11: TNF - Packers
Week 13: SNF - 49ers
Week 14: MNF - Vikings

Of course, any tips on how we will be able to get tickets, massively appreciated!!
Pick the 9ers game and return of Sherm!

I personally am not a fan of Thursday night games. The quality just isn't there.

The Vikings are more than likely to smack Seattle on Monday night.

I can't give you any tips on tickets but to seek out a season ticket holder. The Seahawks tickets are just way too costly for me now. I haven't gone to a game since 2011/2012.

iigakusei

Reaction score
Keep in mind if you choose the Niners game it could possibly be flexed out of prime time.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The Vikings game could be fun, but who knows what each teams playoff chances will be that time of the year.

The fear of going to a SNF game that late in the year is the possibility of them flexing it back to a normal afternoon kickoff.

And the quality of Thursday night games blow

OP
OP
L

Lwrb25

Reaction score
So i've been "told" that we're going to SNF vs 49ers, chance to see Sherm come back! Totally accept that it may get flexed to earlier in the day (i'm assuming there is no chance for it to move day?!)

My next question is where on earth is good to sit?

I've only watched games over here at Wembley/Twickenham, and I've sat at an end, either low down or high up. For the Clink regulars, where would you recommend (that also isn't $1k per ticket on Stubhub ideally....)

kidhawk

Reaction score
Lwrb25":3op41gbq said:
So i've been "told" that we're going to SNF vs 49ers, chance to see Sherm come back! Totally accept that it may get flexed to earlier in the day (i'm assuming there is no chance for it to move day?!)

My next question is where on earth is good to sit?

I've only watched games over here at Wembley/Twickenham, and I've sat at an end, either low down or high up. For the Clink regulars, where would you recommend (that also isn't $1k per ticket on Stubhub ideally....)

I don't go week in and week out as I have to fly in when I go to games (not as far as you though), but I have sat in various areas of the CLINK and I haven't had a bad seat. I've sat between the 40's at several levels and these are really optimum seats as you have an equal view of the entire field. I've also sat in the endzone this last time, and the seats were great, although it was harder to see things in the opposite end zone, it was also that much closer and better viewing in the end I was seated.

The only thing I try to avoid when I get seats is the super low seats as I don't feel the angle is great for watching the game unfold on the field (I'm talking about rows A through G or so.

Another caveat worth mentioning is that the climb to 300 level can be an issue for some with health issues, but the view is still pretty good.

Here's a link to a site where you can see the view from any part of the stadium. Use it when selecting your tickets to get an idea of what the view will be like.

[urltargetblank]http://seahawks.io-media.com/web/index.html[/urltargetblank]

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Keep in touch LW, I will possibly be selling my 2 seats and sitting w/someone else for any of the night games my wife can't make. Instead of only selling a single, easier to buy a single w/someone else and sell mine as a pair.
IF they don't get swooped up by a UK Seahawker coming over for the game, I would sell them for face value as always. Sec. 319, Row A (front)

sutz

Reaction score
iigakusei":3bg0q7vg said:
Keep in mind if you choose the Niners game it could possibly be flexed out of prime time.
An important point. It may not be likely (I don't know what other games are scheduled that day) but it is possible if things go south early in the season. TNF or MNF are never "flexed" out, so that would be a bit of a guarantee. Otherwise that could play with your flight times for the SNF game.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
I have sat in the front area of the 300 level since the stadium was opened. I find it just like watching on TV, with the obvious exception that I control the camera. My seats are on the 12 yard line, I suspect the seats closer to the fifty are even better. Like someone else said too close is cool in someways, but uts hard to follow the action as it happens. I hope you find some good seats and enjoy your visit to Seattle!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Packers for sure, IMO. If the 49ers and the Seahawks are both for real this year, which is possible, then I would choose that - but too risky.

Latest posts