6 days boys!

King Dog

Reaction score
Until the draft whooooo! Good thing too, because there isn't ish to talk about right now.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
6 days of hope only to be crushed on draft day with us trading down watching all the good prospects go to other teams. . I really hope that doesn't happen this time.

mikeak

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3uyk6mwi said:
6 days of hope only to be crushed on draft day with us trading down watching all the good prospects go to other teams. . I really hope that doesn't happen this time.

I just assume 7 days until draft day and then the only thing that can happen is a surprise

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":c0agax5d said:

I would imagine the dream scenario for Seattle would be to unload Thomas for two 2nd Rounders or the like and trade down from 18 to Cleveland for their either two of their 2nd Rounders or a 2/3 Rounder combo. Most of the talent is in those first 50 picks, so loading up in round 2 and 3 should be the goal.

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":b2wzmfbd said:
Northwest Seahawk":b2wzmfbd said:

I would imagine the dream scenario for Seattle would be to unload Thomas for two 2nd Rounders or the like and trade down from 18 to Cleveland for their either two of their 2nd Rounders or a 2/3 Rounder combo. Most of the talent is in those first 50 picks, so loading up in round 2 and 3 should be the goal.

Well weve heard that before and my reply to that is you get what you pay for. The Seahawks won't get back to the super bowl by passing on the best talent in the draft.

Dreadbelch

Reaction score
Doubt we'll open any presents on Christmas day, especially this year when we're reloading.

Unless some highly valued player somehow dropped down to us.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I will bet my next 10 paychecks the Seahawks trade away their 18th pick for more draft picks in the later rounds. I know, call me Captain Obvious and all.

All I know is that we HAVE TO nail this draft. The drought needs to end this year. If not?

<<<<<<shudder>>>>>>

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Yep, annually get excited to see who our first round pick will be and then we trade down to day two. Makes you not want to watch. Alternatively the Seahawks pick gets made during a commercial break and we only see a video repeat, because they are onto the next pick. Maybe perhaps better to record the draft then you can avoid the tedious endless commercials.

Sorry for the bummer above, you know I will be tuned in tho watch and then back here to read the grumbles complain about our picks, :sarcasm_on: because of course J n’P are poor at drafting and have only been right when Scott Mc is part of their draft team :sarcasm_off: . Annual fun!

sutz

Reaction score
Northhawk":2byov83q said:
Actually, given our lack of picks, this year it may make sense to trade out of the 1st for more picks.
I'm not sure logic is allowed around here. :mrgreen:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
The logic is trade down and draft a player with loads of talent that should be a first rd pick but has tons of character issues which caused his draft stock to fall.....Pete can fix anyone right? This year though buy the guy a helmet and some duct tape to cover his mouth so that when he gets arrested his mouth will stay shut.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2y08nrc5 said:
Maybe perhaps better to record the draft then you can avoid the tedious endless commercials.
That's what I do.

Record both the NFL Channel and ESPN versions... and then about an hour or so, start watching one,,and then with the "PREV" (previous) button (I have DIRECTV), switch back and forth between the two recordings to follow the action pick by pick... and of course FF through the commercials.

You won't miss a thing and you get both Mike Mayock and Mel Kiper's assessments of each pick. I tend to follow Mayock more closely.

mikeak

Reaction score
Northhawk":1obuyvxk said:
Actually, given our lack of picks, this year it may make sense to trade out of the 1st for more picks.

Yes because it will net a positive outcome.

Last years positive outcome

At 35 - Malik

We gained 111 where we got the superstar Tedric Thompson

We also got

At 95 - Delano Hill

And we got 249 which may have been one of our best 3 players with Chris Carson

We already have a bunch of late picks so the question remains. Is the value picked up in 2nd and 3rd that is so questionable in what you get worth giving up a decent numbered 1 st round pick?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
There will probably be a few of us in chat. Just thought I would throw that out there.

naholmes

Reaction score
What chat?

The logic is that might get the same caliber player at 18 as they would at 28 or even 33. It all depends on their board and how the draft plays out. Last year it sucked but if they pick any other player than McDowell things look a entirely different. It’s too early to write off Hill and Thompson, those guy will be needed this season.

If Derwin James drops I would take him at 18 but I don’t really see anyone else being available that would be an instant impact player for them. Hopefully Roquan Smith would drop and they can trade to Steelers for 28 & 60. At 28 take Will Hernandez LG UTEP and at 60 Rashaad Penny RB SDSU and welcome the return of a dynamic rushing attack next season.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
naholmes":2e3e8uj4 said:
What chat?

The logic is that might get the same caliber player at 18 as they would at 28 or even 33. It all depends on their board and how the draft plays out. Last year it sucked but if they pick any other player than McDowell things look a entirely different. It’s too early to write off Hill and Thompson, those guy will be needed this season.

If Derwin James drops I would take him at 18 but I don’t really see anyone else being available that would be an instant impact player for them. Hopefully Roquan Smith would drop and they can trade to Steelers for 28 & 60. At 28 take Will Hernandez LG UTEP and at 60 Rashaad Penny RB SDSU and welcome the return of a dynamic rushing attack next season.

Chat as in hitting the chat link above and using the helpful guidelines placed there by our fantastic personnel. If you scroll down and see where people have actually typed in their comments for immediate reading, you will notice catfan80 which is me. If you cant see chat above...here is the link..

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=100270

Enjoy.

nanomoz

Reaction score
The consensus is that the quality of player you get at 18 this year isn't much higher than at 30 to 45. What would be painful is not picking between 19 and 110.