Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Draft party??

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Draft party??
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:46 am
  • Seahawks ever hold a draft party ? I know some teams put them on. If so anyone have any info on it. Should be a very exciting interesting draft .
    summesm
    NET Rookie

Re: Draft party??
Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:10 am

Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:25 am
  • Seahawks draft parties died when John Schneider took over. These Seahawks are successful but they are a Monday after the draft kind of team, they draft guys you have never heard of and most of their important work is done with UDFA. Don't get me wrong I was a huge draft guy and would watch the whole thing with the other GM's the team had. They drafted guys I knew and would only trade up if they traded at all. Why watch on Thursday night when you have to wait three hours before they trade back?

Seahawks first rounds under Schneider.

2010: Two big names from Big 12 schools
    2011: Starting tackle on a SEC team
    2012: Random DE/OLB from the 111th ranked defense
    2013-2015 no first rounders
    2016: Slow tackle from a spread offense
    2017: no first rounder.

Their draft strategy doesn't make good TV.
    sdog1981
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:05 am
  • Man I sure hate that the draft is less than 3 hours from me, and I can’t make it up there.

Seahawkers have a very active sub chapter in Dallas.
    We should be well represented.

GoHawks
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Sun Apr 22, 2018 11:51 am
  • sdog1981 wrote:Seahawks draft parties died when John Schneider took over. These Seahawks are successful but they are a Monday after the draft kind of team, they draft guys you have never heard of and most of their important work is done with UDFA. Don't get me wrong I was a huge draft guy and would watch the whole thing with the other GM's the team had. They drafted guys I knew and would only trade up if they traded at all. Why watch on Thursday night when you have to wait three hours before they trade back?

Seahawks first rounds under Schneider.

2010: Two big names from Big 12 schools
    2011: Starting tackle on a SEC team
    2012: Random DE/OLB from the 111th ranked defense
    2013-2015 no first rounders
    2016: Slow tackle from a spread offense
    2017: no first rounder.

Their draft strategy doesn't make good TV.

For me it's so much more than just who did Seattle draft in the 1st round. It's fun to watch the other teams strategies and see who in the draft is falling and how Seattle responds to other teams strategies and picks later in the draft. I also like seeing where other players go that I was high on and seeing how well or poorly the other teams in our division draft (in my opinion of course).
    DJrmb
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:11 pm
  • The Hawks mailed out the draft party info last week or so. There's no party at the WAMU theater this year but instead they're doing a different restaurant/bar each day. The only thing that makes it "official" really is that Blitz and the Seagals will be there, along with radio personalities. I think it's the ESPN guys on on thursday in Bellevue and KIRO staff on saturday in tacoma but don't remember friday. I deleted the mail or I would give the specifics, but you can probably google it.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:41 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information