Draft party??

summesm

Reaction score
Seahawks ever hold a draft party ? I know some teams put them on. If so anyone have any info on it. Should be a very exciting interesting draft .

sdog1981

Reaction score
Seahawks draft parties died when John Schneider took over. These Seahawks are successful but they are a Monday after the draft kind of team, they draft guys you have never heard of and most of their important work is done with UDFA. Don't get me wrong I was a huge draft guy and would watch the whole thing with the other GM's the team had. They drafted guys I knew and would only trade up if they traded at all. Why watch on Thursday night when you have to wait three hours before they trade back?

Seahawks first rounds under Schneider.

2010: Two big names from Big 12 schools
2011: Starting tackle on a SEC team
2012: Random DE/OLB from the 111th ranked defense
2013-2015 no first rounders
2016: Slow tackle from a spread offense
2017: no first rounder.

Their draft strategy doesn't make good TV.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Man I sure hate that the draft is less than 3 hours from me, and I can’t make it up there.

Seahawkers have a very active sub chapter in Dallas.
We should be well represented.

GoHawks

DJrmb

Reaction score
sdog1981":1h1crc3w said:
Seahawks draft parties died when John Schneider took over. These Seahawks are successful but they are a Monday after the draft kind of team, they draft guys you have never heard of and most of their important work is done with UDFA. Don't get me wrong I was a huge draft guy and would watch the whole thing with the other GM's the team had. They drafted guys I knew and would only trade up if they traded at all. Why watch on Thursday night when you have to wait three hours before they trade back?

Seahawks first rounds under Schneider.

2010: Two big names from Big 12 schools
2011: Starting tackle on a SEC team
2012: Random DE/OLB from the 111th ranked defense
2013-2015 no first rounders
2016: Slow tackle from a spread offense
2017: no first rounder.

Their draft strategy doesn't make good TV.
For me it's so much more than just who did Seattle draft in the 1st round. It's fun to watch the other teams strategies and see who in the draft is falling and how Seattle responds to other teams strategies and picks later in the draft. I also like seeing where other players go that I was high on and seeing how well or poorly the other teams in our division draft (in my opinion of course).

AgentDib

Reaction score
The Hawks mailed out the draft party info last week or so. There's no party at the WAMU theater this year but instead they're doing a different restaurant/bar each day. The only thing that makes it "official" really is that Blitz and the Seagals will be there, along with radio personalities. I think it's the ESPN guys on on thursday in Bellevue and KIRO staff on saturday in tacoma but don't remember friday. I deleted the mail or I would give the specifics, but you can probably google it.