Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Is it a big reach?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Is it a big reach?
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:13 pm

Re: #biggest reach ever
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:14 pm
  • Rashaad Penny averaged 7.5 yards per carry at San Diego State, which you may say Mountain West and I say Josh Allen averaged 6.7 yards per attempt in the same conference.
    JSeahawks
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:15 pm
  • stang233 wrote:Dude is electric but is available in the 3rd round. Get ready for more losing.

Right. Analysts project him in the top of the 2nd round, but nah he'll be there in the 3rd.

But hey let's bitch about that instead of looking at the player we got. Never mind he was 5th in Heisman voting, most rushing yards, plus he returns kicks and punts...
    KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:16 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:
    stang233 wrote:Dude is electric but is available in the 3rd round. Get ready for more losing.

Right. Analysts project him in the top of the 2nd round, but nah he'll be there in the 3rd.

But hey let's bitch about that instead of looking at the player we got. Never mind he was 5th in Heisman voting, most rushing yards, plus he returns kicks and punts...

aren't they gonna remove kickoffs next year or the year after?
    poly1274
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:17 pm
  • I agree with J and Kiwi. I like this pick! :2thumbs:
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:18 pm
  • Obviously a reach but not even this regime’s biggest reach. Bruce Irvin and James Carpenter immediately come to mind as bigger reaches
    Missing_Clink
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:18 pm
  • That was supposedly Irvin.

Should I remind you that we never really recovered from losing him though?

Penny was a man among boys at the Senior Bowl.

And the rest of his film is fantastic.

And he wasn't going in the 3rd...at all.
    Last edited by TwistedHusky on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:19 pm
  • Penny is a beast. They probably wanted to trade down again, but couldn't find a partner so they made sure they got their guy.

Not a reach at all. 5'11 220 w/4.4 speed, elite vision, and the ability to make tacklers miss. If he played at a big school he would of gone top 15.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:21 pm
  • I wanted a CB, DL or OG early and a RB in the 3rd or 4th.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:22 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:
    stang233 wrote:Dude is electric but is available in the 3rd round. Get ready for more losing.

What analysts? Mocks I saw had him in the fourth. Regardless either he works out or he doesn’t. He might lose a little weight and pick up a little speed. He might be a better pass receiver with Russ throwing to him. He might be coached to pick up a blitz. Hopefully our staff saw something no one else did.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:24 pm
  • Mike Davis is now your 3rd string and we have two guys with elite physical talent ahead of him. Penny is a 3 down back who can take it to the house from anywhere. In scouting running backs, I likened him to a much bigger Percy Harvin. Then we have the physical brute that is Carson who also has explosive acceleration.

It's a bit of a reach, but this means we're a running team again and Russ can get back to being that highly efficient playmaking point gaurd game manager.

I wanted Taven Bryan, but I ain't mad at this.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:25 pm
  • Fade wrote:Penny is a beast. They probably wanted to trade down again, but couldn't find a partner so they made sure they got their guy.

Not a reach at all. 5'11 220 w/4.4 speed, elite vision, and the ability to make tacklers miss. If he played at a big school he would of gone top 15.

If he played in a big school league and put up those numbers teams would have more confidence in him. He played in the mountain least. So did Marshall Fulk though.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:27 pm
  • No kidding about the talent he played agaisnt. It''s a reach, but let's hope he turns onto Faulk then it eont matter. I just wish we took him around 35-45 not 27. They know best let's hope he blows us out of the water.
    Last edited by stang233 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    stang233
    NET Rookie

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:27 pm
  • Why am I not surprised that a thread like this would also feature a hash tag symbol from OP?
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:28 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:
    KiwiHawk wrote:

What analysts? Mocks I saw had him in the fourth. Regardless either he works out or he doesn’t. He might lose a little weight and pick up a little speed. He might be a better pass receiver with Russ throwing to him. He might be coached to pick up a blitz. Hopefully our staff saw something no one else did.

No one else? I played RB and I had a hard time deciding whether Penny or Michel was the 2nd best back in the draft.

RBs are not undervalued in the league. You might believe that if you read certain fielgulls writers coolaid, but most of them are morons.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:29 pm
  • And there went Michel to the Pats...just to rub it in...
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:30 pm

• Beast.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:33 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:
    Fade wrote:Penny is a beast. They probably wanted to trade down again, but couldn't find a partner so they made sure they got their guy.

If he played in a big school league and put up those numbers teams would have more confidence in him. He played in the mountain least. So did Marshall Fulk though.

I wouldn't expect him to put up the same numbers. I am just speaking purely on his physical skill set. Same physical skill set, but played at Ohio State? He is going in the top 15.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:36 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    Beast.

I'm just concerned about CB, DL and OL. How are they going to find studs in the 3rd and 4th rounds at those positions? RB's are usually easier to find in the middle rounds than any other position it seems.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Re: Is it a big reach?
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:36 pm
  • This pick sucks. Should have traded back another time or two. If Penny was gone who cares. Still Guice, Chubb, Michel, Jones etc..... Oh well, at least I have chicken wings on the bbq. Winning
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:38 pm
  • brimsalabim wrote:What analysts? Mocks I saw had him in the fourth.

The same mocks that had Russell Wilson undrafted, and carrying a clipboard as a third stringer until the midget finally got cut? Experts who said he would never be a starter, and they would eat their microphone if he ever did? Those mocks and experts?

I can't listen to anyone who listens to 'mock drafts' and thinks they got anything out it except stupider. :roll:
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:42 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    Beast.

Like the player, just disappointed they didn't either pick Hernandez OG or work out a deal to move down a few spots and draft Penny later. I really hope Solari makes a huge difference with the O Line or it will not matter who is running the ball.
    Largent.4.Prez
    NET Bench Warmer

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:42 pm
  • massari wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    Beast.

I'm just concerned about CB, DL and OL. How are they going to find studs in the 3rd and 4th rounds at those positions? RB's are usually easier to find in the middle rounds than any other position it seems.

I agree with you totally. Pete had the blinders on, and he was coming out of this draft with a runningback in the 1st rd no matter what.

So given that circumstance, I'm ecstatic that Rashaad Penny was the guy.

It's a hell of a lot better than Ifedi & MM the last 2 yrs.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:47 pm
  • King Dog wrote:This pick sucks. Should have traded back another time or two. If Penny was gone who cares. Still Guice, Chubb, Michel, Jones etc..... Oh well, at least I have chicken wings on the bbq. Winning

I'd take the other 3 over Guice in a heartbeat. Michel went right after Penny and there is going to be a run of backs in the 2nd.

Not all drafts are equal and only morons believe that RBs aren't valued.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:48 pm

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:50 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:What analysts? Mocks I saw had him in the fourth.

The same mocks that had Russell Wilson undrafted, and carrying a clipboard as a third stringer until the midget finally got cut? Experts who said he would never be a starter, and they would eat their microphone if he ever did? Those mocks and experts?

I can't listen to anyone who listens to 'mock drafts' and thinks they got anything out it except stupider. :roll:

BINGO!

Got a homerun hitter and folks are complaining because their favorites didn’t get picked, oh well!
    People said we need to run the ball more, they just addressed that issue!

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Senior Bowl. He is a baller.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• When Penny was first mentioned in the NCAA board, I was already lookin at RBs that were successful with Solari and Schotty in their coaching tenure.

Penny reminded me a little of Ladainian Tomlinson (BS sort of) and Larry Johnson (MS). All 3 had similar upright running styles with deceptive speed and plus power. Penny is versatile like LT with promise to be a quality receiver but plays a lot more like Larry Johnson as a rusher. Deceptive speed/quickness, able to run with power and finesse, and both guys in Penny and Johnson that will play in rhythm to the Oline allowing blockers to set and be physical on the tackle.

I wouldn’t call Penny a huge reach, ive seen him projected late 1st/ early 2nd. Penny has the abilities to be a quality Rusher, and he seems like a fit for both Solari and Schott for what they’ve had at RB in past tenures in LT and LJ, plus added value as a WR and a possible returner.

Like getting #76 and turning a 7th into a 6th.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

• Would have been stoked with either Sony or Penny.

But Penny is great catching the long ball so I am happy.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:52 pm
  • stang233 wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/post/seattle-seahawks/a554b425-d3f3-4efd-8cec-34c52a240fdc

Bleacher report???? really??? LOL!!!!!

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:53 pm
  • Nice surprise by the Seahawks. I really wanted them to get Rashaad “Money” Penny. Happy he’s a Seahawk. Also this could mean the end of Prosise’s Seahawk career. Penny can do all the things CJ does plus more.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:58 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Nice surprise by the Seahawks. I really wanted them to get Rashaad “Money” Penny. Happy he’s a Seahawk. Also this could mean the end of Prosise’s Seahawk career. Penny can do all the things CJ does plus more.

That's actually worth mentioning and it is true that Prosise is a step back talent wise overall.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:00 pm
  • JSeahawks wrote:Rashaad Penny averaged 7.5 yards per carry at San Diego State, which you may say Mountain West and I say Josh Allen averaged 6.7 yards per attempt in the same conference.

This is funny right here

"Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does"
    WilsonMVP
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:02 pm
  • I don't think people are mad because we didn't draft "their" player. People are mad because (or at least I'm mad) because there's a lot of good backs left and I feel like we could have filled in our draft gaps or got more firepower by trading back.

Like it or not, Penny is the #2 running back picked in the draft and a 1st round draft pick. He better be a stud, or Schneider just might find himself on the hot seat with another reach.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:09 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    stang233 wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/post/seattle-seahawks/a554b425-d3f3-4efd-8cec-34c52a240fdc

Bleacher report???? really??? LOL!!!!!

Bleacher report. Mel Kiper. Blah blah blah

Once again, I blame fantasy football and Madden video games for the enstupidation of football 'fans'.
    GeekHawk
    US Navy ET Nuc

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:15 pm
  • Carson, Davis, Penny, McKissick RB and FB, Prosise is I think because of his durability become's Golden Tate 2.0.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:21 pm
  • Confirmed on the radio Pete wouldn't let John trade down again. Pete was getting his runningback in the 1st, as I surmised.

Great pick yet in still.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:23 pm
  • I see a future 3D RB that’s

-Patient
    -Coachable
    -Versatile
    - enough Speed for Big Play Ability/HomeRun threat.
    - enough Power to be phyical through the trenches, in and out of contact, and fight through tackles.
    - enough Moxie and Grit (seemingly) to develop into a quality blocker.
    - plus potential to be developed as a quality threat as a receiver: out of the backfield or spread out wide
    - plus potential as a special teamer especially as a returner

Other than Barkley is there another RB that really checks all those boxes so well? Penny’s mindset is probably what set him above all the rest.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:23 pm
  • This renders McKissic as a camp body. Prosise may get hurt again, obviously, but McKissic now has no chance unless Prosise gets injured.

Now, that's just pure play on the field talking. Money might dictate that Davis doesn't make the team unless he can magically show he's head an shoulders above McKissic and Prosise, which he won't.

Injury will likely sort it out though.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:34 pm
  • So are we done with CJ Prosise? He is still on the roster. I don't hate this kid Penny. He looks good but I thought we were looking for our next Lynch or someone close.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:35 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:This renders McKissic as a camp body. Prosise may get hurt again, obviously, but McKissic now has no chance unless Prosise gets injured.

Now, that's just pure play on the field talking. Money might dictate that Davis doesn't make the team unless he can magically show he's head an shoulders above McKissic and Prosise, which he won't.

Injury will likely sort it out though.

Agreed. Great points.

Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:38 pm
  • GeekHawk wrote:
    brimsalabim wrote:What analysts? Mocks I saw had him in the fourth.

Mock drafts are done by guys who don’t have or can’t find a job in the NFL. Some people would be a lot happier by not basing their opinions and emotions on draft picks by how they measure up to mock drafts. I’m happy with this pick. I played RB back in the day. This is a guy that I would have been happy with as a Seahawk. I don’t care where he was picked.
    Go Hawks!
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:39 pm

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:40 pm

• He seems like a stud to me, love the pick. And apparently some other team really really wanted him too.
    Long you live and high you fly, and smiles you’ll give and tears you’ll cry, and all you touch and all you see Is all your life will ever be
    twisted_steel2
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:40 pm
  • I think McKissic is too much of a matchup nightmare in the passing game to not keep on your team. You don't cut guys that good who are that cheap. So right now as it currently stands they would keep 4 backs + a Fullback.

Penny
    Carson
    McKissic
    Davis
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:41 pm
  • I don't like the pick, but hope I'm wrong and they're right.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:49 pm
  • Love. This. Pick.

Great vision, toughness, speed, coachability.

Yes, some of his long 50+ yard college TDs will turn into 20 yard gainers in the pros with fast defenders chasing him. So what.

Our OL will suck a lot less this year too. Rookie RBs often can light it up in the NFL (see Warner, Curt, with a "C" for the most memorable Seahawks rookie RB) and Penny looks ready.
    2017 Adopt-A-Rookie: Chris Carson
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:58 pm
  • twisted_steel2 wrote:

I thought you can only trade a guy one year after being drafted.
    massari
    NET Veteran

Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:59 pm

Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:01 pm
  • Uh...running right side zone, right power, or trap left off of Fluker's ass is going to be a killer next year. Split 50/50 with Carson and Penny and just beat it up. Overwhelm with Tyson and then flash with Ali.
    Last edited by vin.couve12 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month

Next

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information