Is it a big reach?

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Rashaad Penny averaged 7.5 yards per carry at San Diego State, which you may say Mountain West and I say Josh Allen averaged 6.7 yards per attempt in the same conference.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
stang233":3p2og9yr said:
Dude is electric but is available in the 3rd round. Get ready for more losing.
Right. Analysts project him in the top of the 2nd round, but nah he'll be there in the 3rd.

But hey let's bitch about that instead of looking at the player we got. Never mind he was 5th in Heisman voting, most rushing yards, plus he returns kicks and punts...

poly1274

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":2hacd91i said:
stang233":2hacd91i said:
Right. Analysts project him in the top of the 2nd round, but nah he'll be there in the 3rd.

But hey let's bitch about that instead of looking at the player we got. Never mind he was 5th in Heisman voting, most rushing yards, plus he returns kicks and punts...

aren't they gonna remove kickoffs next year or the year after?

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Obviously a reach but not even this regime’s biggest reach. Bruce Irvin and James Carpenter immediately come to mind as bigger reaches

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That was supposedly Irvin.

Should I remind you that we never really recovered from losing him though?

Penny was a man among boys at the Senior Bowl.

And the rest of his film is fantastic.

And he wasn't going in the 3rd...at all.

Fade

Reaction score
Penny is a beast. They probably wanted to trade down again, but couldn't find a partner so they made sure they got their guy.

Not a reach at all. 5'11 220 w/4.4 speed, elite vision, and the ability to make tacklers miss. If he played at a big school he would of gone top 15.

massari

Reaction score
I wanted a CB, DL or OG early and a RB in the 3rd or 4th.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":23omw10u said:
stang233":23omw10u said:

What analysts? Mocks I saw had him in the fourth. Regardless either he works out or he doesn’t. He might lose a little weight and pick up a little speed. He might be a better pass receiver with Russ throwing to him. He might be coached to pick up a blitz. Hopefully our staff saw something no one else did.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Mike Davis is now your 3rd string and we have two guys with elite physical talent ahead of him. Penny is a 3 down back who can take it to the house from anywhere. In scouting running backs, I likened him to a much bigger Percy Harvin. Then we have the physical brute that is Carson who also has explosive acceleration.

It's a bit of a reach, but this means we're a running team again and Russ can get back to being that highly efficient playmaking point gaurd game manager.

I wanted Taven Bryan, but I ain't mad at this.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Fade":1i03v5y8 said:
Penny is a beast. They probably wanted to trade down again, but couldn't find a partner so they made sure they got their guy.

Not a reach at all. 5'11 220 w/4.4 speed, elite vision, and the ability to make tacklers miss. If he played at a big school he would of gone top 15.
If he played in a big school league and put up those numbers teams would have more confidence in him. He played in the mountain least. So did Marshall Fulk though.

OP
OP
S

stang233

Reaction score
No kidding about the talent he played agaisnt. It''s a reach, but let's hope he turns onto Faulk then it eont matter. I just wish we took him around 35-45 not 27. They know best let's hope he blows us out of the water.

Crizilla

Reaction score
Why am I not surprised that a thread like this would also feature a hash tag symbol from OP?

vin.couve12

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2pnnajuw said:
KiwiHawk":2pnnajuw said:
stang233":2pnnajuw said:

What analysts? Mocks I saw had him in the fourth. Regardless either he works out or he doesn’t. He might lose a little weight and pick up a little speed. He might be a better pass receiver with Russ throwing to him. He might be coached to pick up a blitz. Hopefully our staff saw something no one else did.
No one else? I played RB and I had a hard time deciding whether Penny or Michel was the 2nd best back in the draft.

RBs are not undervalued in the league. You might believe that if you read certain fielgulls writers coolaid, but most of them are morons.

Fade

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3371dx32 said:
Fade":3371dx32 said:

If he played in a big school league and put up those numbers teams would have more confidence in him. He played in the mountain least. So did Marshall Fulk though.

I wouldn't expect him to put up the same numbers. I am just speaking purely on his physical skill set. Same physical skill set, but played at Ohio State? He is going in the top 15.

massari

Reaction score
Fade":3kgizhjz said:
[youtube]B2M42wL7E1o[/youtube]
Beast.
I'm just concerned about CB, DL and OL. How are they going to find studs in the 3rd and 4th rounds at those positions? RB's are usually easier to find in the middle rounds than any other position it seems.

King Dog

Reaction score
This pick sucks. Should have traded back another time or two. If Penny was gone who cares. Still Guice, Chubb, Michel, Jones etc..... Oh well, at least I have chicken wings on the bbq. Winning