Reason I think they did not trade back

chris98251

Reaction score
McDowell, Penny looks to be the kind of back that is basically a can't miss, may not be a every down starter but should be but will be a contributor. Aside from what any of us whack jobs want to say pro and con, Other teams wanted him, Cleveland for sure and possibly the Patriots and others. Saying that he was not a reach if he was going to be drafted by another team, also whomever called wanting an immediate trade whether it was the patriots or some other team validates it as well. Rob Rang says he compares to Curtis Martin, also why I think Belicheck was the person that called, he Coached and seen him in N.Y. and N.E. and probably also seen similarities.

They need a pick that filled a need and was as close to a guarantee as there is in the draft, kid checks all the boxes, hard worker, humble and is a three down guy.

Fade

Reaction score
chris98251":hnz5bugv said:
McDowell, Penny looks to be the kind of back that is basically a can't miss, may not be a every down starter but should be but will be a contributor. Aside from what any of us whack jobs want to say pro and con, Other teams wanted him, Cleveland for sure and possibly the Patriots and others. Saying that he was not a reach if he was going to be drafted by another team, also whomever called wanting an immediate trade whether it was the patriots or some other team validates it as well. Rob Rang says he compares to Curtis Martin, also why I think Belicheck was the person that called, he Coached and seen him in N.Y. and N.E. and probably also seen similarities.

They need a pick that filled a need and was as close to a guarantee as there is in the draft, kid checks all the boxes, hard worker, humble and is a three down guy.

Correct.

Inside, outside, pass game, run game. Just get the ball in his hands. Sounds like a 1st rounder to me.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
On the plus side, it's one of the only Seahawks picks that PFF actually likes. Though that might be the kiss of death.

:p

olyfan63

Reaction score
I like the Curtis Martin comparison. That makes sense to me from Penny's tape. A little bit of Emmett Smith is what I see. Penny is similar height, but about 10-20 lbs heavier than Curtis Martin or Emmett Smith.

Jville

Reaction score
Q6k9d6szqi9owbhik46q

I suspect Running Backs Coach Chad Morton may have had a significant influence on the decision. Morton is the man Penny identifies as having stayed in continual contact with him thru out the process.

I found a little time spent reviewing Chad Morton's dot com bio beneficial >>> [urltargetblank]https://www.seahawks.com/team/coaches-roster/chad-morton[/urltargetblank]