Running Backs

Rat

Reaction score
Here is a list of running backs who have received at least one carry for the Seahawks over the past three seasons:

Eddie Lacy
Mike Davis
Chris Carson
CJ Prosise
JD McKissic
Thomas Rawls
Christine Michael
Alex Collins
Troymaine Pope
Terrence Magee
CJ Spiller
George Farmer
Marshawn Lynch
Fred Jackson
Bryce Brown
Rod Smith
DuJuan Harris

That's 17 different running backs in just three seasons. How nice must it be for the front office to just take the guy they want and finally put this circus to rest?

I don't have access to other teams' draft boards, and I don't know if Penny was the best value at #27, but this pick ends one of the most frustrating aspects of this team in recent years. There are reasons to be skeptical, but what can't be debated was that he was special in college. I'm excited to see how it works out.

Wartooth

Reaction score
I liked Carson, still do! Hope he comes in and has a great season!
What I'm convinced of though, is that Penny is coming into camp this season having not ever suffered a season ending injury...
Healthy, young and hungry...
I'll take that in a running back all day, every day!
Great pick!

adeltaY

Reaction score
Money was able to overcome bad run blocking and the line was better at run blocking overall back then. Thankfully, Penny is also a beast at breaking tackles behind the LoS

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Wartooth":1hjh1j0a said:
What I'm convinced of though, is that Penny is coming into camp this season having not ever suffered a season ending injury...
Great pick!
Think of the Saint running game last season... they already had a good RB in Mark Ingram (and Adrian Peterson on the roster) and took Alvin Kamara in the draft. What a great pair Ingram and Kamara turned out to be for them. I look at this choice in the same vein. Penny/Carson a great 1-2 combo.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":372txdfw said:
Wartooth":372txdfw said:
Great pick!
Think of the Saint running game last season... they already had a good RB in Mark Ingram (and Adrian Peterson on the roster) and took Alvin Kamara in the draft. What a great pair Ingram and Kamara turned out to be for them. I look at this choice in the same vein. Penny/Carson a great 1-2 combo.

They also had arguably the best run blocking line in the league. FO had them at #2 in adjusted line yards this year and #1 in 2016. I love AK41, but I think his line doesn't get enough credit for his success.