Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

ProFootballFocus Mock Draft 3

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
ProFootballFocus Mock Draft 3
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:25 am
  • 20. Detroit Lions (9-7)

RB Rashaad Penny, San Diego State

The Lions have been looking for answers in the run game for years, and Penny may be just what they need.

He has one of the best combinations of size, speed, and quickness in the draft class, all leading to the No. 2 elusive rating in the class (128.6) last season.

He can be a factor in the pass game, a prerequisite for living up to first-round value, though he needs work in pass protection, where his 88.3 pass-blocking efficiency (73rd in the class) only tells a part of the story.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/d ... ck-draft-3
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Re: ProFootballFocus Mock Draft 3
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:30 am
  • It's really cool to look back and see how Mocks change as the Draft Season moves along. Even Rob Staton says he should have "stuck to his guns" from early on about a running back. That's the effect of the extended draft season though.

One of PFF's earlier mocks had this:

1. Cleveland Browns

QB Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma

Cleveland drafts the nation’s top quarterback in Mayfield, who continues to impress no matter which way his game is dissected.

He has the top PFF grade for the second year in a row at 95.8, as he uses his natural playmaking ability to attack all levels of the field with accuracy.

There are still some questions coming out of a favorable Oklahoma system, but Mayfield has shown that he can succeed in every situation and he may just be the guy to turn the Browns around in the future.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/d ... ck-draft-1

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:31 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:20. Detroit Lions (9-7)

The Lions have been looking for answers in the run game for years, and Penny may be just what they need.

He has one of the best combinations of size, speed, and quickness in the draft class, all leading to the No. 2 elusive rating in the class (128.6) last season.

He can be a factor in the pass game, a prerequisite for living up to first-round value, though he needs work in pass protection, where his 88.3 pass-blocking efficiency (73rd in the class) only tells a part of the story.

If we passed and NE took him ESPN and all the rest would have said what a great pick it was.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:38 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:20. Detroit Lions (9-7)

If we passed and NE took him ESPN and all the rest would have said what a great pick it was.

Yep, Billycheat would have been labeled a genius for thinking outside of the box.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:39 am
  • I put a bet on for Baker Mayfield to go first overall at 12/1.

I bet £30, won £390 :)
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:47 am
  • ivotuk wrote:20. Detroit Lions (9-7)

The only thing this shows is PFF correctly picked him to go in the 1st round when most of not all mock draft d did not. Frankly many in this board hate PFF and make fun of their insight. Look i want him to be great but until he gets in real games we just don't know if we have Shaun Alexander or Christine Micharl.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:59 am
  • seabowl wrote:

The only thing this shows is PFF correctly picked him to go in the 1st round when most of not all mock draft d did not. Frankly many in this board hate PFF and make fun of their insight. Look i want him to be great but until he gets in real games we just don't know if we have Shaun Alexander or Christine Micharl.

Correction -

Most people mock PFF when it doesn't fit their narrative.

When it does? "PFF said xxx"
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:38 pm
  • original poster wrote:I put a bet on for Baker Mayfield to go first overall at 12/1.

What are you going to do with all those letter "L"s?

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:42 pm
  • Northwest Seahawk wrote:

If we passed and NE took him ESPN and all the rest would have said what a great pick it was.[/quote]

EXACTLY!

Draft Analysts and Fans suffer from what I call "Tim Ruskell Blindness." If they aren't squeaky clean and didn't attend a big college, they can't possibly be any good!

If Rashaad had gone to one of the "Big" schools, he would have been talked about in the Top 10.

ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:51 pm
  • original poster wrote:I put a bet on for Baker Mayfield to go first overall at 12/1.

Nice..Happy for you even though your money system confuses me.
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:53 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:
    original poster wrote:I put a bet on for Baker Mayfield to go first overall at 12/1.

IndyHawk wrote:
    original poster wrote:I put a bet on for Baker Mayfield to go first overall at 12/1.

Got another little one on the way next month, so a double pram, riveting :D
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Tue May 01, 2018 2:42 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:

IndyHawk wrote:

Got another little one on the way next month, so a double pram, riveting :D

Too bad Pehawk can't answer that one..He loves UK slang :lol:
    Will Dissly
    2018 Adopt a rookie
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:44 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information