Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

4 RB's on final roster?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
4 RB's on final roster?
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:38 pm
  • Do you think they keep Prosise, Davis, Carson, and Penny on the final roster? I can see them going Prosise as a decoy RB but pass to him, have Davis be back up if anyone gets hurt, have Penny be every down kind of guy, and Carson for short yard situations FB type of guy. I think with Penny it takes a little pressure off Carson especially coming off injury. Less playing time for Carson might actually be a good thing.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Re: 4 RB's on final roster?
Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:44 pm
  • I think they give Procise one more year and I think that leaves Davis out. I'm OK with that. He seems like just a guy.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:49 pm
  • We may not have all of them healthy by the end of training camp so it may not matter

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:10 pm
  • J. D. McKissic showed potential last year. Prosise was a third round pick a couple years ago. They seem to have similar skill sets, but there will probably only be room for one. Tough decision, but I think I would choose the one that has been available. I don't think they have given up on Prosise yet though.

Rawls and Davis seem to be competing for the same spot, and I just don't think Rawls has it between the ears. Between the two I would pick Davis.

4 RBs wouldn't surprise me. I think Pete has made some comments about using a FB in pressers and I don't know how that effects roster spots.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:15 pm
  • Penny
    Carson
    McKissic
    Davis

Prosise will be released/traded, or if he is lucky moved out to WR, but most likely will not be on the roster come week 1.

Carson will start at the beginning of games I think, but by the end of most games Penny will have had more touches. A very nice combo. You need 2 backs in today's league.

McKissic is a matchup nightmare on 3rd down, and is super cheap so he will stay.

Davis is injury insurance for Penny & Carson.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:17 pm
  • Rawls isn’t current on the roster, right?
    dutchcoug
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:54 pm
  • dutchcoug wrote:Rawls isn’t current on the roster, right?

Nope, he is with the Jets.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:56 pm
  • Precise will be hurt day 1 of training camp. Book it.
    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions 2014.02.02 Seahawks 43 Broncos 8
    Cyrus12
    NET Veteran

Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:54 pm
  • Ah didn't know Rawls was gone. Wish him well.
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:07 am
  • I would try moving Procise back to WR and if he doesn't make it there I would let him go. I was not a McKissik fan at the beginning of the year but the guy had a great year and seems durable unlike Procise. I do like Procise though just wish he could stay healthy and be on the field.
    peppersjap
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:45 am
  • I think they take another RB in the draft also. This year is all about competition.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:12 am
  • I'd say they will absolutely want to keep 4 RB and a full back. They just spent a first round pick on a RB, so they're showing how important the the position is to this offense. Availability was a big issue last year, so it just adds to that. They can't risk not having a guy ready to go if there's an injury.
    Recon_Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:24 am
  • Recon_Hawk wrote:I'd say they will absolutely want to keep 4 RB and a full back. They just spent a first round pick on a RB, so they're showing how important the the position is to this offense. Availability was a big issue last year, so it just adds to that. They can't risk not having a guy ready to go if there's an injury.
    For most of the PC years they've kept 5 players in the RB/FB group. This is Procise's final year to get it together and stay healthy or he's gone.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:29 am
  • I think Procise has to get through this training camp uninjured. If he gets dinged up again, that'd be the final straw in ever thinking anything would change.
    Jac
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:03 am
  • We go through running backs like water. The more the merrier imo.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:21 am
  • Still are looking for the guy who can replace Lynch’s production. Nobody could actually replace Lynch the player.

If the team had canned Bevell and Cable after XLIX it wouldn’t surprise me if Lynch was still here, and the palace revolt would have had less reason to happen. All of the players who left were into themselves rather than their team but the team was sending them a double standard message.

Roster battles at RB will be interesting indeed this season. Penny and Carson, if he recovers, are potential hlocks. Prosise is on the bubble along with McIssic, Davis, and any late additions. All of Prosise’s talent is meaningless if he can’t stay healthy, he could be moved out if he can’t, as patience has run out. Penny could do what both of Prosise and McIssic do, leaving Davis as a workhorse type back if either of Carson or Penny are hurt. McIssic certainly played reasonably well in his limited as did Davis last season making the choice between them tough.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:52 am
  • I could see Procise or McK classified as a receiver, and essentially being RB #5. I think Khalid Hill beats out Madden for the FB job and starts. Procise is as much a RB as Harvin was, always catching the ball laterally or just few yards north of the line of scrimmage, looking to run.

And no way we make it out of preseason without one or more of these guys on IR. They all might "make the team" with that factored in.

I see K Hill blocking for Penny this year often in the new offense. Makes me think back hopefully to John L Williams and Curt Warner. Of course, they were both first rounder's, and Curt was way up there at #3.
    crosfam
    NET Starter

Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:15 pm
  • I would expect them to keep three or four RBs and one fullback.

In 2017, they kept four backs on the cut down. Eddie Lacy, Thomas Rawls, and C.J. Prosise were the golden geese, who made the roster despite not getting much run during training camp or preseason. The 4th was Chris Carson.

In 2016, they kept five to start the year, including one fullback (Brandon Cottom).

Rashaad Penny, Chris Carson, and C.J. Prosise are the golden geese this year. That leaves Mike Davis and J.D. McKissic on the outside.

The fullback competition could be really tight between veteran Jalston Fowler, last year's FB Tre Madden, and rookie undrafted free agent Khalid Hill.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:41 am
  • I think this could be a year where they carry 5RB + 1FB.

If they do decide to carry 4 RB's, Prosise and Davis are fighting for the last roster spot IMO. Both have nearly the exact same dead money attached to their contract so it really will come down to available talent and no other factors.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:27 am

Wed May 02, 2018 12:46 pm
  • original poster wrote:I think this could be a year where they carry 5RB + 1FB.

If they do decide to carry 4 RB's, Prosise and Davis are fighting for the last roster spot IMO. Both have nearly the exact same dead money attached to their contract so it really will come down to available talent and no other factors.

I doubt that. I don't think I've ever seen 5 RB's plus a FB on the final cut. That's a lot.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

Wed May 02, 2018 1:33 pm
  • kidhawk wrote:We may not have all of them healthy by the end of training camp so it may not matter

LOL.....brutally possible point.
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Wed May 02, 2018 4:03 pm
  • If and big if Prosise is healthy and McKissic are here one could argue that both can play WR, now you also have Penny that can split out as well as Carson, much more flexibility and with our past IR list at RB may make more sense.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu May 03, 2018 12:33 am
  • Crizilla wrote:
    original poster wrote:I think this could be a year where they carry 5RB + 1FB.

I doubt that. I don't think I've ever seen 5 RB's plus a FB on the final cut. That's a lot.

No they haven't, but they're also extremely committed to the run this year.

These guys are going to get a lot of carries, injuries will happen.

We need depth at RB in order for this offense to be successful, carrying 3RB + 1FB is a mistake waiting to happen IMO.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sat May 05, 2018 2:21 pm
  • I was hoping Dimitri Flowers would be signed as USFA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Starter

Sat May 05, 2018 2:54 pm
  • toffee wrote:I was hoping Dimitri Flowers would be signed as USFA.

He did but not with us.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat May 05, 2018 3:46 pm
  • I have 1 FB and 4 RB right now in my 53 man projections. The 5th RB is unusual but possible given that pretty much everybody besides Penny was hurt at some point last year. However, Penny gives them the pass catching ability we saw from both Davis and McKissic last season so I think the last spot goes to only one of those two.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

Mon May 07, 2018 2:05 pm
  • Chris Carson, Oklahoma St.
    2013-2014 = No Freshman or Sophomore games. (likely he was a scrub, mostly injured or both.)
    2015: (Junior Year) 131 rushes for 517-yds, 3.9-ypc, 4-TD's (this isn't lead back stuff)
    2016: (Senior Year) 82 rushes for 559-yds, 6.8-ypc, 9-TD's. (Low # of rushes, injured a lot, but showed potential.)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Chris Carson, As a Seahawk RB: (An obvious injury filled football career, so far.)
    2017: 4-games, 49 rushes for 208-yds, 4.24-ypc, Zero TD's. (NOT the stuff of a lead back)
    Then: a badly broken leg, just one more in an injury impacted career, I can't see Carson in any way beating out Penney for the starting gig. In fact, I'd say no way in hell Carson EVER starts over Penney, but, as a capable backup, hell yes.

RB-Rashaad Penney; "Has never missed a practice or game EVER" Per televised interview with his father.

IMO-The "starting" RB at this point in time is Carson in name only, and then only because he was here first. Penney, by virtue of being a 1-st Round pick will undoubtedly be the starting RB from the get go. With all of the running game help in this draft, Penney will be dynamite. Very telling when PC/JS said "Penney ran a lot of the same plays we do", + considering he came from a heavy running game pro style attack, a perfect match!
    :smilingalien:
    **MY 2018 ADOPT A ROOKIE: RB-RASHAAD PENNEY, THE NEXT GREAT SEAHAWK RB.**
    CamanoIslandJQ
    NET Veteran

Mon May 07, 2018 2:43 pm
  • It will most likely be 4 RB and 1 FB. My guess is Penny, Carson, Davis, and Prosise. With Khalid Hill at FB. I go with Prosise as the 4th RB for a particular reason. Pete talked about not being predictable based on personnel in an interview a month or so ago. He was taking about it in relation to TE and RB. He wants guys that can hammer between the tackles, but also split out wide. Carson can do it, Penny can do it, Davis can do it, and Prosise can do it. No predictability when subbing out any of those guys based on personnel. I think at times things got predictable last year with Mckissic.

Obviously this is assuming Prosise can stay healthy all camp and pre season, which is a huge assumption. But, Pete has still been prettt high on him in his pressers and I imagine if he can stay on the field he will be on the team.
    pcbball12
    NET Veteran

Thu May 10, 2018 6:57 am
  • In terms of numbers I suspect as well they keep 5 with one of the 5 being a FB. McKissic, Davis, and Prosise are the guys on the bubble.The FBs are in for a battle royal and the most versatile but best blocker will win out. The winner will need to be able to runblock, catch passes, and play solid on ST.

Empty backfields and no FB sets are likely to be rarer under Schotty’s regime. Expect more frequent two TE sets as well.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Fri May 11, 2018 11:18 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:In terms of numbers I suspect as well they keep 5 with one of the 5 being a FB. McKissic, Davis, and Prosise are the guys on the bubble.The FBs are in for a battle royal and the most versatile but best blocker will win out. The winner will need to be able to runblock, catch passes, and play solid on ST.

Empty backfields and no FB sets are likely to be rarer under Schotty’s regime. Expect more frequent two TE sets as well.
    Russ would have to adjust his game a bit.

toffee
    NET Starter

Fri May 11, 2018 12:04 pm
  • IF Prosise is healthy I think there is almost zero chance he gets cut. They love his skillset and his potential too much. If he gets dinged up during camp then all bets are off. I will be shocked if he is a healthy cut though.
    austinslater25
    NET Veteran

Fri May 11, 2018 12:08 pm
  • austinslater25 wrote:IF Prosise is healthy I think there is almost zero chance he gets cut. They love his skillset and his potential too much. If he gets dinged up during camp then all bets are off. I will be shocked if he is a healthy cut though.

I love watching him play, but it's so rare that he's healthy, I've come to the personal conclusion that he's just fragile. Sure, he may prove me wrong (would love if he did), but I just can't see him staying healthy.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri May 11, 2018 12:30 pm
  • No doubt, he is such a versatile player. Just wish he would stay healthy. He could really contribute on offense.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri May 11, 2018 9:26 pm
  • Prosise is the MG Midget of Running backs, look cool going down the road but after every trip out you need to fix something.

Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri May 11, 2018 11:27 pm
  • Prosise probably knows it’s his last chance.

It seemed he would be off the field with even minor injuries that many other players would play through.

Maybe if he can show some toughness they’ll keep him.

If I had to bet I’d say J.D. McKissic gets his spot. Nearly as versatile without the reputation.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Sat May 12, 2018 2:20 am
  • original poster wrote:Prosise probably knows it’s his last chance.

It seemed he would be off the field with even minor injuries that many other players would play through.

Maybe if he can show some toughness they’ll keep him.

If I had to bet I’d say J.D. McKissic gets his spot. Nearly as versatile without the reputation.

Imho Prosise has more potential, but he has to show it on the field for than one game. Hopefully he now has a season as Paul Richardson had last year. Otherwise I am more than happy with McKissic as alternative. Otherwise I am more than happy with McKissic as alternative.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: Adopt a Rookie 2018

Living below sealevel: The only way is up!
    Zeearend
    NET Bench Warmer

It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 5:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information