Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Pick #141 Shaquem Griffin

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Pick #141 Shaquem Griffin
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:24 am
  • Pete's already said he wants to play Shaquem at KJ's LB spot and then go from there.

Which makes sense, the WILL LB spot can run around, make plays and blitz/edge rush...........which is what Griffin is really good at, flying to the ball.

IMO turning him into a SS is risky and would take time. Kam was a safety in college, so coaching him up on how to play more in the box wasn't a huge learning curve.

So I'd rather see Shaquem stay at the KJ or Bruce Irvin type LB position, so he's not going through some huge learning curve process transitioning to safety.

Either way, drafting Shaquem made my weekend. Love the dude, love everything he stands for and love having him as a Hawk. He's EXACTLY the kind of energy and heart we need right now.
    If there is no Seahawk football in heaven, then we will never die.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:36 am
  • Good points, letting him spy and rush the QB will be perfect for his skill set. He'll be a standout on special teams as well. As far as the pick, not only is he a very good football player, this comes at a time when the team NEEDED something very positive to happen.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:45 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Good points, letting him spy and rush the QB will be perfect for his skill set. He'll be a standout on special teams as well. As far as the pick, not only is he a very good football player, this comes at a time when the team NEEDED something very positive to happen.

This is something that definitely isn't being taken into consideration enough...

I was talking to my wife about it yesterday, bearing in mind she has zero interest in football, however is a psychologist, she was saying the energy he will bring to his teammates will be off the charts.

The whole atmosphere will change when he steps on the field. Seriously.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:08 am
  • original poster wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Good points, letting him spy and rush the QB will be perfect for his skill set. He'll be a standout on special teams as well. As far as the pick, not only is he a very good football player, this comes at a time when the team NEEDED something very positive to happen.

This is something that definitely isn't being taken into consideration enough...

I was talking to my wife about it yesterday, bearing in mind she has zero interest in football, however is a psychologist, she was saying the energy he will bring to his teammates will be off the charts.

Not only that... but he’s a guy where players are thinking they’re going hard in practice... and then look over at him and be like what the hell?!?”
    Last edited by FinNasty on Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:11 am
  • original poster

Yep, it's going to be Beastquake level of insanity when Shaquem makes his first big play.
    Last edited by Sgt. Largent on Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:19 am
  • Watching him on TV, dude is all over the field. And he did it just as well against top competition.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:58 am
  • I love this pick!

The kid is all heart, and a damn fine athlete.

I also love the fact that the Hawks will have a pair of twins on it, especially after the Sedins just retired from the Nucks.
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:37 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:Pete's already said he wants to play Shaquem at KJ's LB spot and then go from there.

Which makes sense, the WILL LB spot can run around, make plays and blitz/edge rush...........which is what Griffin is really good at, flying to the ball.

IMO turning him into a SS is risky and would take time. Kam was a safety in college, so coaching him up on how to play more in the box wasn't a huge learning curve.

So I'd rather see Shaquem stay at the KJ or Bruce Irvin type LB position, so he's not going through some huge learning curve process transitioning to safety.

Either way, drafting Shaquem made my weekend. Love the dude, love everything he stands for and love having him as a Hawk. He's EXACTLY the kind of energy and heart we need right now.

Well if you knew about him you would know he played Safety before so it is not unknown to him.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:43 am
  • chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Pete's already said he wants to play Shaquem at KJ's LB spot and then go from there.

Well if you knew about him you would know he played Safety before so it is not unknown to him.

I know he played safety in high school, and I didn't say it was unknown to him.

But it would be a bigger transition and learning curve, than keeping him in the WILL LB position that he played at UCF. He certainly has the speed and hitting ability to play our SS, but my guess is Pete wants to groom him to take over for KJ (who's contract expires next year).
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:04 am
  • original poster wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Good points, letting him spy and rush the QB will be perfect for his skill set. He'll be a standout on special teams as well. As far as the pick, not only is he a very good football player, this comes at a time when the team NEEDED something very positive to happen.

100% agree. And also one of the bigger reasons I really wanted him here in Seattle with his brother. Awesome pick!! :2thumbs: :irishdrinkers:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:07 am
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:Pete's already said he wants to play Shaquem at KJ's LB spot and then go from there.

I know he played safety in high school, and I didn't say it was unknown to him.

But it would be a bigger transition and learning curve, than keeping him in the WILL LB position that he played at UCF. He certainly has the speed and hitting ability to play our SS, but my guess is Pete wants to groom him to take over for KJ (who's contract expires next year).

He actually was a Safety his first 3 years at UCF as well (including his redshirt year)... however he never got into a game.

But ya... play him at the WILL.
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:33 am
  • Looks like he will be wearing #49

drcool
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:37 am
  • drcool wrote:Looks like he will be wearing #49

That confirmed anywhere? I was hoping for #48 after wearing #18 since #48 was available.

...there's thousands of UCF fans waiting to find out this information, lol. Also, we're trying to figure out if you're going to move to SM. Griffin and SL. Griffin like they were in college, or how you're going to do that...
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:43 am

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:53 am
  • What i find laughable is all the tv experts talking about him as if this were a throw away pick or charity pick. "I don't know where they're going to play him." And acting as if he can't play in the NFL without his left hand.

Haven't they seen JPP play? 2017: 8.5 sacks. 5 passes defensed. 2 Forced Fumbles. 48 Tackles. Stats wise, 2017 was his 3rd best year out of his career.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... erJa99.htm

Shaquem is a legitimate NFL player, and will excel at the Weakside Linebacker spot. The most impressive thing I've heard about him (there have only been a few positives), I think it was Bucky Brooks that said "his best plays come at critical times during the game." That's a sign of greatness.

'Quem and 'Quille will be twin, defensive wrecking balls, and teams will be regretting passing on him.
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:59 am
  • No doubt about it, this was a football move. Kid is a damn good FOOTBALL player, has nothing to with his hand. Against Auburn, he looked like the best PLAYER on the field, period.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:52 am
  • Called it.

Screenshot_20180430-125108_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20180430-125108_Twitter.jpg (140.79 KiB) Viewed 1075 times
    "...and now they got a bicycle!"
    Sac
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:07 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:What i find laughable is all the tv experts talking about him as if this were a throw away pick or charity pick. "I don't know where they're going to play him." And acting as if he can't play in the NFL without his left hand.

Haven't they seen JPP play? 2017: 8.5 sacks. 5 passes defensed. 2 Forced Fumbles. 48 Tackles. Stats wise, 2017 was his 3rd best year out of his career.

Shaquem is a legitimate NFL player, and will excel at the Weakside Linebacker spot. The most impressive thing I've heard about him (there have only been a few positives), I think it was Bucky Brooks that said "his best plays come at critical times during the game." That's a sign of greatness.

'Quem and 'Quille will be twin, defensive wrecking balls, and teams will be regretting passing on him.

This was so frustrating... it had my blood boiling. They kept saying that the reason he was falling is that there was a "position issue" for Griffin regarding what position he could play due to his size, yet the following LB's that are all within a half inch and a cheesburger were drafted ahead of him with no such "position issue questions":

Roquon Smith - 6'0 7/8" 235lbs
    Jerome Baker - 6'1 1/8" 229lbs
    Dorian O'Daniel - 6'0 1/2" 223lbs
    Josey Jewell - 6'1 234lbs
    Joel Iyiegbuniwe - 6'1 229lbs
    Kenny Young - 6'1 236lbs
    Shaquem Griffin - 6'0 1/2" 227lbs

BULL****. He's the same size and faster and more athletic than all of them. They're scared of the hand. At least say that though and don't insult our intelligence with this "lacks a position" crap...
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:53 pm
  • Also read his stock dropped because of a faulty 40 time, someone said it was really 4.58, not slow but not elite, correct me if I am wrong, we have coaches with stop watches, that starting gate is electronic and a eye at the end electronic. It wasn't until draft day all of a sudden this comes out, Pete and John were both there watching and clocking him also. I call Bullshit on the story, someone skewing something here for some reason, Much like Guice's supposed story about assaulting a Eagles representative at the combine only to find out something different and that there were questions asked that were lets just say in bad taste of him.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:05 pm
  • FinNasty wrote:
    ivotuk wrote:What i find laughable is all the tv experts talking about him as if this were a throw away pick or charity pick. "I don't know where they're going to play him." And acting as if he can't play in the NFL without his left hand.

This was so frustrating... it had my blood boiling. They kept saying that the reason he was falling is that there was a "position issue" for Griffin regarding what position he could play due to his size, yet the following LB's that are all within a half inch and a cheesburger were drafted ahead of him with no such "position issue questions":

Roquon Smith - 6'0 7/8" 235lbs
    Jerome Baker - 6'1 1/8" 229lbs
    Dorian O'Daniel - 6'0 1/2" 223lbs
    Josey Jewell - 6'1 234lbs
    Joel Iyiegbuniwe - 6'1 229lbs
    Kenny Young - 6'1 236lbs
    Shaquem Griffin - 6'0 1/2" 227lbs

BULL****. He's the same size and faster and more athletic than all of them. They're scared of the hand. At least say that though and don't insult our intelligence with this "lacks a position" crap...

I don't get it either. Living in Central Florida, I watched a few UCF games and Shaquem was as legit as they come. Unbelievable closing speed, which will certainly help him in coverage, as a pass rusher, and hitting gaps in the run game. Will the lack of a second hand be a detriment? It's possible, but he has so many other talents to compensate that I just don't see how he doesn't find a home here.

Even if he wasn't drafted by Seattle, I wanted him to succeed and shut up all the critics....you know, the ones whose record for draft analysis is about as on par as mine, yours, or anyone else's when you consider all the Tom Bradys Russell Wilsons, Doug Baldwins, etc. that they've whiffed on over the years. Afterall, they still haven't invented a Combine measurement for Grit and Heart.
    MagnificentSeven
    NET Bench Warmer

Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:51 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Also read his stock dropped because of a faulty 40 time, someone said it was really 4.58, not slow but not elite, correct me if I am wrong, we have coaches with stop watches, that starting gate is electronic and a eye at the end electronic. It wasn't until draft day all of a sudden this comes out, Pete and John were both there watching and clocking him also. I call Bullshit on the story, someone skewing something here for some reason, Much like Guice's supposed story about assaulting a Eagles representative at the combine only to find out something different and that there were questions asked that were lets just say in bad taste of him.

OK... so here's the deal with that. Shaquem's 40 was picked apart b/c there are cynics out there who hate anything that is good and don't believe in good stories, lol. So, people broke his 40 down frame by frame and said it didn't match up.

So, I went and looked... and they were right... the timer on his 4.38 appears to stop early:

That is... until you do the same to every other prospect, and realize there was an issue with the broadcast not aligning with the timer correctly. I went and looked through multiple players at random, and they all had the same issue on the broadcast:

Tremaine Edmunds' first run of 4.55 (ran a 4.54 on his 2nd run)

Fred Warner's 2nd run of 4.64

Chris Worley's 2nd run of 4.87

Roquon clearly already starting but clock still at 0.00...

The timer on the broadcast is off... but the timer was legit on the field... which is why these times stuck as official. People didn't believe and wanted to pick his apart... but they didn't take the time to do the same to everyone else's...
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 30, 2018 5:04 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:On another note, is someone really complaining about their hair? What does hair have to do with how a guy plays football? :?

A hell of a lot more than you're aware of, apparently. Here's Polamalu getting tackled by his hair after intercepting a pass. Getting tackled by your hair could literally be a game-altering event.

"VICTORYYYYYYY!" -Johnny Drama
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:02 pm
  • Great story but can someone please explain to me how Shaqueem tackles players with only one hand...?

Thanks
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:08 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:Great story but can someone please explain to me how Shaqueem tackles players with only one hand...?

Thanks

...how does a predator catch its prey?

Like a savage. Just watch...

Last edited by FinNasty on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:14 pm
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:Great story but can someone please explain to me how Shaqueem tackles players with only one hand...?

Thanks

We'll refer this to Mr. Chancellor for comment. Note that inertia causes the raindrops to remain in a helmet-shaped pattern as the force of the impact makes Mr. Davis wonder what universe he's in. Also notice no hands were used in this tackle, yet Mr. Davis was most certainly down.

KiwiHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:20 pm
  • In all serious... think of a player that breaks his hand and has to wear a club/cast. Do you bench that player or do you play him with a cast?

Now... realize that player is trying to adjust to playing with a cast on within a week or 2. However, this is all Shaquem has ever known his entire life. When he first learned to tackle as a kid, he learned to tackle without a hand. He doesn't know any other way. Its normal to him...
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:27 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:On another note, is someone really complaining about their hair? What does hair have to do with how a guy plays football? :?

A hell of a lot more than you're aware of, apparently. Here's Polamalu getting tackled by his hair after intercepting a pass. Getting tackled by your hair could literally be a game-altering event.

I knew you'd bring either this, or when Sherman had his hair grabbed after an interception up. With how many players who have long hair, how often does this really happen? I'm willing to wager that it is not as often as one would think.

In other words, it's something that happens so rarely that the players aren't cutting their hair.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:38 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:I knew you'd bring either this, or when Sherman had his hair grabbed after an interception up. With how many players who have long hair, how often does this really happen? I'm willing to wager that it is not as often as one would think.

In other words, it's something that happens so rarely that the players aren't cutting their hair.

This is actually only a minor part of my argument. It affects your ability to "snap-check" what's going on behind you. That's a fact, not an opinion; it's not even worth discussing further.

Either you're on the side of style over substance when it comes to a multi-million-dollar career, or you're not. I'm not.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:44 pm
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    Either you're on the side of style over substance when it comes to a multi-million-dollar career, or you're not. I'm not.

And again, this directly affects you how?
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:22 pm
  • KiwiHawk wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:Great story but can someone please explain to me how Shaqueem tackles players with only one hand...?

Thanks

We'll refer this to Mr. Chancellor for comment. Note that inertia causes the raindrops to remain in a helmet-shaped pattern as the force of the impact makes Mr. Davis wonder what universe he's in. Also notice no hands were used in this tackle, yet Mr. Davis was most certainly down.

But the reason he was able to tackle that way was because he was completely squared up to the ball carrier. What about the vast majority of times during a game when a player is required to be pulled down in some way, shape, or form?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:54 pm
  • OkieHawk wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:

And again, this directly affects you how?

1) Who says it does?
    2) Who says it has to?
    3) Who says one can only voice an opinion on things that directly affect them?
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:55 pm
  • He's not a bad pick where you got him. He is definitely a feel good story. He's a great athlete and very fast. I would just worry about how will he tackle with the 1 hand and how will he catch an interception or knock the ball down with 1 hand. All of which is not his fault. Plus I feel really sorry for they guy. Also I feel he has overcome so much and is an incredibly strong person for going through what he has in life.

I'm just saying you can't completely ignore that his lack of hand issue has some kind of impact on his game. But I really wish the best for him and hope he can do well. What he has overcome in life is amazing. I do hope for they guy. I will say that.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:20 pm
  • Shaquem is a great player! Stop throwing shade at him.

He's exactly the player Seattle should draft.

Seattle needs a player that loves to play and does not take an opportunity for granted.

*Cough cough* Malik McDowell!!
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:31 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Shaquem is a great player! Stop throwing shade at him.

He's exactly the player Seattle should draft.

Seattle needs a player that loves to play and does not take an opportunity for granted.

*Cough cough* Malik McDowell!!

Who's throwing shade?
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:39 pm
  • FinNasty wrote:
    therealjohncarlson wrote:Great story but can someone please explain to me how Shaqueem tackles players with only one hand...?

Thanks

...how does a predator catch its prey?

Like a savage. Just watch...

That's amazing he is able to intercept the ball, pick up fumbles rolling around on the ground and strip and cause fumbles with that one arm. He is pretty remarkable. Maybe he is just used to the 1 hand and has learned how to compensate for it all his life and all his playing days.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:19 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:32 pm
  • Don't know why people are complaining about this pick. Shaquem Griffin is a fifth round pick, a round where you generally find flawed players, or players with question marks.

On the field Griffin offers enormous upside. His tackling is very good, and he plays with sound technique. His football instincts are insane, and he can do everything very well. He can pass rush, shed blockers, and he is a natural in pass protection. People talking about his forty time being slow are just BSing. The guy is a rocket out on the field, watch the tape, he looks like earl thomas speed wise.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Tue May 01, 2018 1:44 am
  • SanDiego49er wrote:He's not a bad pick where you got him. He is definitely a feel good story. He's a great athlete and very fast. I would just worry about how will he tackle with the 1 hand and how will he catch an interception or knock the ball down with 1 hand. All of which is not his fault. Plus I feel really sorry for they guy. Also I feel he has overcome so much and is an incredibly strong person for going through what he has in life.

I'm just saying you can't completely ignore that his lack of hand issue has some kind of impact on his game. But I really wish the best for him and hope he can do well. What he has overcome in life is amazing. I do hope for they guy. I will say that.

FYI... Shaquem has more career INTs, PDs, FR, FF, and TDs than most of the top LB prospects in this draft. And he racked up all of these in only 2 years.

Shaquem Griffin - 2 INTs - 16 PD - 5 FR - 4 FF - 1 TD

Roquan Smith: 0 INTs - 3 PD - 3 FR - 3 FF - 0 TDs
    Harold Landry: 0 INTs - 6 PD - 1 FR - 10 FF - 0 TDs
    Tremaine Edmunds: 1 INT - 5 PD - 1 FR - 3 FF - 0 TDs
    Dorance Armstrong Jr.: 0 INTs - 8 PD - 3 FR - 6 FF - 0 TDs
    James Hearns: 0 INTs - 5 PD - 2 FR - 9 FF - 0 TDs
    Jerome Baker: 0 INTs - 4 PD - 3 FR - 1 FF - 1 TD
    Jeff Holland: 0 INTs - 1 PD - 2 FR - 5 FF - 0 TDs
    Lorenzo Carter: 0 INTs - 1 PD - 6 FR - 6 FF - 1 TD
    Kendall Joseph: 2 INTs - 1 PD - 1 FR - 3 FF - 0 TDs
    Rashaan Evans: 0 INTs - 5 PD - 2 FR - 2 FF - 0 TDs
    Malik Jefferson: 0 INTs - 5 PD - 1 FR - 2 FF - 1 TD
    Leighton Vander Esch: 3 INTs - 6 PD - 1 FR - 4 FF - 0 TDs

He’s just fine knocking down passes, intercepting balls, recovering fumbles, etc...
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie

Tue May 01, 2018 6:53 am
  • So, he can't block passes or pick one off because he has one hand? :roll:
    Maybe it's time to focus on what he CAN do, and not assume what he can't do. I wonder if some people even watched this guy play. He was a beast, and looked like the best player on the field against Auburn. He was the defensive player of the year in his conference. Has NOTHING to do with a missing hand. He's just a good football player.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 01, 2018 7:20 am
  • RolandDeschain wrote:
    1) Who says it does?
    2) Who says it has to?
    3) Who says one can only voice an opinion on things that directly affect them?

1) People who keep complaining about it ad nauseum and offering anecdotal evidence as "fact".

B - Nobody, but a simple "No" would have sufficed when asked if it does affect one directly. But you've never been one for simplicity, have you?

III : I've never implied, stated, said or otherwise hinted in any type of medium that opinions cannot be voiced. To say that I have, or was, is disingenuous coming from anyone who has had as many conversations with me as you have over the course of our interactions here on .Net.

I'll ask again, does it affect you directly? :twisted:
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 01, 2018 7:25 am
  • Hey Okie, is that the dude from GWAR?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 01, 2018 7:26 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:So, he can't block passes or pick one off because he has one hand? :roll:
    Maybe it's time to focus on what he CAN do, and not assume what he can't do
    . I wonder if some people even watched this guy play. He was a beast, and looked like the best player on the field against Auburn. He was the defensive player of the year in his conference. Has NOTHING to do with a missing hand. He's just a good football player.

...the thing is though, is that he CAN do those things too, and did them better than most of the other LBs in this draft. 8)
    FinNasty
    NET Rookie

Pick #141 Shaquem Griffin
Tue May 01, 2018 7:31 am

Thanks

Well, first he runs towards the person that has the ball......
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Tue May 01, 2018 7:43 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Hey Okie, is that the dude from GWAR?

Yes.
    OkieHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 01, 2018 7:48 am
  • FinNasty wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:So, he can't block passes or pick one off because he has one hand? :roll:
    Maybe it's time to focus on what he CAN do, and not assume what he can't do
    . I wonder if some people even watched this guy play. He was a beast, and looked like the best player on the field against Auburn. He was the defensive player of the year in his conference. Has NOTHING to do with a missing hand. He's just a good football player.

...the thing is though, is that he CAN do those things too, and did them better than most of the other LBs in this draft. 8)

The eye roll is sarcasm. He agrees with you! :2thumbs:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

Tue May 01, 2018 7:51 am
  • Shaquem's 40-time is irrelevant as a 3-down LB.

Love him though.

The next Bam-Bam?
    There's two times of year for me: Football season, and waiting for football season.

- Darius Rucker
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue May 01, 2018 7:52 am
  • Gwar is hilarious. My sources tell me they are huge Hawks fans :lol:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 01, 2018 7:56 am
  • DomeHawk wrote:Shaquem's 40-time is irrelevant as a 3-down LB.

Love him though.

The next Bam-Bam?

I think we see him in more of a KJ role, WILL LB that can edge rush. Not sure how much Shaquem will play in every down plays, but I already have him as our special teams MVP. I think he'll be an absolute beast on special teams.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue May 01, 2018 8:37 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:

Thanks

Well, first he run towards the person that has the ball......

Why does everyone seems to be getting so defensive over this question lol? Intuitively people really don't get how others would be curious how someone tackles down a player in a motion that usually takes two arms and two hands...?

Can someone please just take emotions out of this and explain to me physically how he usually does it on the football field? I obviously know he CAN tackle players, or he never would have gotten to this point; which by the way is frickin amazing and congrats to this young man!! What I am curious about with his tackling is the HOW
    therealjohncarlson
    NET Veteran

Tue May 01, 2018 8:48 am
  • therealjohncarlson wrote:
    pmedic920 wrote:

Thanks

Well, first he run towards the person that has the ball......

Why does everyone seems to be getting so defensive over this question lol? Intuitively people really don't get how others would be curious how someone tackles down a player in a motion that usually takes two arms and two hands...?

Can someone please just take emotions out of this and explain to me physically how he usually does it on the football field? I obviously know he CAN tackle players, or he never would have gotten to this point; which by the way is frickin amazing and congrats to this young man!! What I am curious about with his tackling is the HOW

Multiple people have posted videos showing how Shaqueam tackles. Now you're just being obtuse and/or trolling.

He hits, he rolls the ball carrier like Pete and now every other coach teaches rugby style tackling tecniques, and he wraps up.

There you go. Mystery solved.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

PreviousNext

It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information