Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

No. 168, the #Seahawks have selected Jamarco Jones

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • ivotuk wrote:Listening to Rob Staton, and he brought up a Combine comparison between Jamarco Jones, and Andrew Norwell.

Norwell also played at Ohio State, nad played well, but he went undrafted. According to Wikipedia, "Despite his decorated college career, Norwell was considered a borderline NFL prospect because of lingering questions about his athleticism"

His combine is almost identical to Jamarco's

Andrew Jamarco
    40 : 5.28 5.5
    Verticle 28" 24"
    Broad Jump 105" 102"
    3-Cone 8.09 8.32
    20Yd SS 4.93 4.99

So just because a player has a bad combine, it doesn't mean they can't succeed at the NFL level. Andrew Norwell did.

2017 season

On March 7, 2017, the Panthers placed a second-round tender on Norwell, who was set to be a restricted free agent.[13] On April 17, 2017, Norwell officially signed his tender with the Panthers.

Norwell started all 16 games at left guard, on his to being named first-team All-Pro. He was also ranked as the third best guard in the league according to Pro Football Focus.

Jacksonville Jaguars

On March 15, 2018, Norwell was signed a five-year, $66.5 million contract with the Jacksonville Jaguars with $30 million guaranteed, making him the highest paid guard in the league.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Norwell

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/jamarco-j ... 246beb2799

Hoping for the best and we need Jamarco to be productive. He is however, shorter lighter and slower than Norwell. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Timing is a very difficult skill to teach at LT. Some guys have it, others don't.

This guy has it- that's why we was able to compete as a top 10 school LT. I think we may have found ourselves a sleeper future starter, and at the very least, an above average LT back up (which we haven't had in years).

"We all we got, we all we need"
    lukerguy
    NET Veteran

• lukerguy wrote:Timing is a very difficult skill to teach at LT. Some guys have it, others don't.

This guy has it- that's why we was able to compete as a top 10 school LT. I think we may have found ourselves a sleeper future starter, and at the very least, an above average LT back up (which we haven't had in years).

Agreed.

If we didn't have Jones on the roster (assuming he doesn't make the starting 5) I'd be a sweating mess if Brown went down. Not anymore.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• lukerguy wrote:Timing is a very difficult skill to teach at LT. Some guys have it, others don't.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information