No. 168, the #Seahawks have selected Jamarco Jones

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
One of the worst testers out there. Like, really really really bad.

But then you watch him, and he gets it done. Maybe RG?

Own The West

Reaction score
From NFL site: "I thought his tape was average myself. You like him more than I do. His Combine was awful. He athletic testing was reject level. It's hard to trust a tackle to start if he has reject level testing." -- NFC Executive

Sounds like the kind of athlete we've grown accustomed to on the OL. :p

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Anti-Cable pick. Reject-level testing and plays well enough to be all-conference. Maybe we need more guys like this.

Atradees

Reaction score
Grahamhawker":1g42rtu5 said:
Anti-Cable pick. Reject-level testing and plays well enough to be all-conference. Maybe we need more guys like this.

That is what I was thinking. An anti Cable selection

Chapow

Reaction score
Own The West":iaxr35ek said:
From NFL site: "I thought his tape was average myself. You like him more than I do. His Combine was awful. He athletic testing was reject level. It's hard to trust a tackle to start if he has reject level testing." -- NFC Executive

And yet, he did well as the starting LT at one of the premier college programs in the country. :229031_shrug:

Jamarco Jones blocked some of the best pass rushers in college football the past two years and handled his business game after game as Ohio State's left tackle.

Jones is an interesting test case of film vs. testing numbers. Teams will have to figure out how he managed to look so good on the field without having great athletic traits according to the workouts.

In the end, that debate should land Jones somewhere in the second or third round as the fourth straight Ohio State left tackle to be drafted.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/04/ja ... 018_w.html

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Chapow":x146zl39 said:
Own The West":x146zl39 said:

And yet, he did well as the starting LT at one of the premier college programs in the country. :229031_shrug:

Jamarco Jones blocked some of the best pass rushers in college football the past two years and handled his business game after game as Ohio State's left tackle.

Jones is an interesting test case of film vs. testing numbers. Teams will have to figure out how he managed to look so good on the field without having great athletic traits according to the workouts.

In the end, that debate should land Jones somewhere in the second or third round as the fourth straight Ohio State left tackle to be drafted.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/2018/04/ja ... 018_w.html

Ya ill take a guy who has shown he can do it at a big program and has tape over stupid combine numbers or athletic testing in shorts, or a guy who didnt even play on the OL and is a convert

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sure has a great sounding name...Hope his last name is worthy of a jersey like the other Jones that happened to find his way to Canton.

Fade

Reaction score
I agree as well it is an anti cable pick.

They are done taking raw projects. Even if this guy doesn't workout this philosophical change is noteworthy,
iu

Rocket

Reaction score
He's a Jones... at LT no less.
Get him an Escalade and tell him where you want it pushed to.
Rinse and repeat.
I like this pick.

Rflagg

Reaction score
The fact he started at a major college and we got him this late has me very excited. I am pretty sure I found my adopt a rookie this year. I am hopeful he breaks into the starting line up at rt and moves over once Brown is done.

Overall this draft has exceeded my expectations and I feel like it is the hawks best in a long time, I haven't said anything up to this point because the negativity has been so overwhelming. :|