Solid “B”

pmedic920

Reaction score
Maybe B+

Time will tell.

How are you feeling about this year’s draft?

I’m stoked to watch this play out.

Won’t lie, emotions are playing a big part for me but that’s what most of my fandom is.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I love Penny and Griffin. Green is a meh for me, hopefully he develops. Dissly was an overpay as far as draft capital but hopefully he develops and contributes.
We needed a punter and we got the best so happy with that. The rest are development guys that fit their athletic profiles for position(its only 6th round as I write this).
Over all I'd give it a B- I think, but I am happy with the clear direction they went with this draft. No more big risk guys either. I like that as well.

Thepeelsessions

Reaction score
On paper, this looks to be the best draft Seattle has had since 2012. Hopefully it's as promising as it appears to be.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Solid B+. Love the Penny, Dissly, Shaqueem, and the punter picks. The other’s need more info on. Never trust their O-line picks.

BigMeach

Reaction score
I'd give it an A as far as potential vs. draft picks we had. But I don't really like grading drafts so quickly. I think the best stat that proves why is the stat they had up on NFL network. It was showing that near 70% of the starters in the league were picked after the 3rd round, or something along those lines. Of course a big part of that is the sheer amount of players that aren't 3rd round or better, if you include undrafted players especially.

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
B++

Would've liked a better OL prospect a little earlier, but this draft didn't seem deep at OL anyway, so....

Otherwise, no complaints.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Drafts can only be given an accurate grade after ever career of each player drafted comes to an end.

But forecasting how these draft picks fit into Seattle's scheme, and the obvious needs, it seems like a home-run draft. I'd give it an A- just to be on the safe side, but it could very well be one of the best ever.

mikeak

Reaction score
Skeptical about Perry BUT only time will tell

I feel like we drafted positions we need overall and not three RBs knowing two will get released so overall excited and happy about the mix of players

jmahon316

Reaction score
I'm actually a lot more excited about this draft than I have for the last few years. I'm usually optimistic but this time wow they really hit the nail on the head and I'm glad they went back to basics. I'm VERY excited about this next season! B+ Draft, possibly an A depending on how the picks play out but on Paper they really hit this draft out of the park considering they started out with no 2nd or 3rd round picks!

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
pmedic920":38ypzxzc said:
Maybe B+

Time will tell.

How are you feeling about this year’s draft?

I’m stoked to watch this play out.

Won’t lie, emotions are playing a big part for me but that’s what most of my fandom is.

B

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Penny: B
Green: B
Dissly: B+
Shaquem: B (Can play in different spots)
Flowers: B-
Dickson: A
Jones: Value spot - A
Jake Martin: C
Alex McGough: C

2018 Draft: B to B+, and probably our best in a long time as far as consistent picks.

Jones could be the steal of the draft and might already be better than Ifedi, lol.

luigi_sal

Reaction score
I disagree a bit with most of opinions here. Too much doubtful picks. In the picks where Penny, Dizzly, Dickson, Flowers, Martin and McGough have been selected better players still remained available. Hopefully Auden Tate or Allen Lazard could fill out our WR spot and Jeff Holland could also join us as an UDFA. That would improve very much our draft, at least IMHO

chris98251

Reaction score
luigi_sal":1jphpckl said:
I disagree a bit with most of opinions here. Too much doubtful picks. In the picks where Penny, Dizzly, Dickson, Flowers, Martin and McGough have been selected better players still remained available. Hopefully Auden Tate or Allen Lazard could fill out our WR spot and Jeff Holland could also join us as an UDFA. That would improve very much our draft, at least IMHO

Define better player? Better becasue some East Coast mediot has them ranked higher, or better because your expertise says so and knows how these players weill be used in the Seahawks system and where they will play and how Pete will take advanatage of their attributes.

Better because they will displace a current player today or are being groomed to play in the future?

We are waiting for your expertise and examples.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Loved it, although I find it odd we didn't take a receiver.

I guess they expect one of Darboh, McEvoy or Johnson to breakout this year.

jmahon316

Reaction score
chris98251":f1fnybaa said:
luigi_sal":f1fnybaa said:

Define better player? Better becasue some East Coast mediot has them ranked higher, or better because your expertise says so and knows how these players weill be used in the Seahawks system and where they will play and how Pete will take advanatage of their attributes.

Better because they will displace a current player today or are being groomed to play in the future?

We are waiting for your expertise and examples.

BOOM, Headshot!!!

QuahHawk

Reaction score
A-

One of my favorite draft of memory. I think they have the perfect mix of great teammates, chip on their shoulder, leadership, and talent.

-Penny will be a top 10 star of this draft.
-Green might take 2 years to have an impact but you can't deny his upside and you can never have enough pass rushers.
-Dissly is exactly what we needed at TE. I will bet a tailgating pregame 6 pack of beer that by game 3 our home opener that Dissly has had more impact that Vannett.
-Griffin is exactly the type of defender we needed. He is going to get this team jacked up and pumped on game day.
-Flowers is a talented prospect who should make the roster
-Dickson is our new punter and could really flip the field for us and be a Pro Bowler
-Jones can compete with Odiambo and Fant for a backup spot
-Martin has some great moves and we need pass rushers. maybe he makes the team
-McGough, who knows, will be interesting to see what he has

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A-.

Thank you Wenhawk for saving me the writing, :)

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Aros":1z30qdf0 said:
A-.

Thank you Wenhawk for saving me the writing, :)
And we kept Earl! Im surprised how happy i am i did not expect this.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

James in PA

Reaction score
I’ll echo the solid B grade. With the Hawks, you always have to wonder if they’ve done enough to address pass protection and run blocking. But they did get THE BEST blocking TE in the draft & the OT they got in the 5th sounds like a steal. Plus, I no longer trust the Hawks when it comes to using high picks on O line. LOVE Penny, Green, Shaq and yes, the punter. Yep, solid B. Of course many of the “experts” are giving us one of the lower grades. That tells me it was indeed a pretty solid draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris98251

Reaction score
Penny is going to make people go WTF and whey did he slide.

I really think the Curtis Martin resemblance will hold up.

Martin was highly touted for his speed—he ran a 4.4 in the 40 yard dash—and his slashing running style

Shaq has a chip, his closing remark during his interview at how was "Prepare for Greatness" I believe them as his brother as well. Shaqems chip makes Richards Shermans appear to be sawdust.

Flowers has a player bio of weaknesses that resemble Shermans almost, can't wait for him to get a chance as well, could be Maxwells replacement next year or sooner since he is a lot more physical.

Green will be a year away from bursting on the scene, but will contribute and flash the future at times I think.

Will get into the rest later since this is just a Grade, now it's a B, future I think it shows to be a A, that's about three years when all these guys establish themselves.