A mental reset for us fans????? A fresh start?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
After all that has gone on in the last year couple of years with the team.... from the angry players, sub par drafts, getting rid of underperforming assistant coaches, bad trades, injuries, dumping past superstars, rumors of draft day trades of ET, division rivals improving, etc etc etc.........

After this draft, I have a renewed enthusiasm for the future. Maybe I’m full of it and I’m dead wrong about this draft class but I think they hit a homerun with this draft, and I’m hitting the reset button on my attitude and am hopeful for the NEAR future. Doesn’t mean Seattle is winning the Super Bowl in 2018, but they will be contending in 2019 and beyond IMHO.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
They recharged the batteries....now instead of 8 volts, we are back up to 12. We shall see what goes on. It will be an interesting year.

Fade

Reaction score
Pretty much where I am at.

This is a reset year, with a chance to surprise.

2019 with a good FA class & draft they will be contending again.

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
Will be great to see who makes the breakthrough.

We've been too spoiled the past several seasons, we still have 5 potential pro-bowlers this upcoming year: Clark, Griffin, Earl, Wright, Wagner. Few teams in the NFL possess that many elite level defenders.

We have vets like Maxwell, Mingo, Jordan, Johnson, Marcus Smith, McDougald who can hold down the team while we develop and see this year who can maybe be a future star on our defense among Delano Hill, Tedric Thompson, Tre Flowers, Shaquem Griffin, Rasheem Green, Jarran Reed, & Nazair Jones.

Plus there are always guys who step up out of nowhere.

I'm super excited for this season, having lower expectations with a lot of young guys we can sit back and watch just makes for a better fan experience. I'll have to say, ever since we won the Super Bowl and the expectations for our team became immense, it really just increased the stress levels. Especially since the past several years the Hawks have just had so many flaws yet still had one of the most talented teams in the league.

It will be great to see us watch new blood come up, with lower expectations too.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
My feelings exactly OP...

Get rid of the loud mouths who started to tune out and bring in the new era of young talented prospects who are humble and ready to earn it on the field.

chris98251

Reaction score
As Shaqem stated in his interview at home and I believe it, "Prepare for Greatness".

Penny has a attitude on the field, Shaq and Shaq will bring something we have never had, no player can now have an excuse for not working hard, we have a living example of overcoming the odds playing next to them and taking their playing time.

I am psyched for that reason alone, I think we have excitement coming on both sides of the ball.

I felt it when Russell played the Chiefs in pre season, I felt it when Curt Warner played the Chiefs in his first season.

I am feeling it now without there even being a game played yet.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yup, I remember both those Chiefs games.
IIRC Warner fumbled at the end of the 70 yard run on his first touch but the Hawks recovered.
From the KC preseason game in Russell's rookie year, love that pic of Russell with Eric Berry upside down in the air as Russell runs away from him.

I see Penny as having a huge, electric impact this coming year, along the lines of Warner's rookie year.
Biggest difference: Hawks go to the NFC Championship Game, not the AFC one like back in Warner's day.
People are failing to factor in how rookie RBs can ofen be outrageously, precociously productive as a rook. Penny at #27 was a fantastic choice for this team.

Along with the shit-for-luck we will have some huge out-of-the-blue bright spots too. There are others, but Dion Jordan is the first one who comes to mind. An apparently successful reclamation project with early-round talent. Love the punter pick in the 5th; it's Pete saying opponents are going to have to go the long field without mistakes against his defense. The TE pick Dissley, saying we are going to batter you at the LOS, and I think our OL will suck a lot less this year.

I think we'll get a couple nice surprises out of the blue, maybe from guys like Swoopes, even Fant. There are some wildcards out there that will come up aces for us. Maybe even C. J. Procise having a healthy season. (Dreaming I know)

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
olyfan63":16j9vmh3 said:
Yup, I remember both those Chiefs games.
IIRC Warner fumbled at the end of the 70 yard run on his first touch but the Hawks recovered.
From the KC preseason game in Russell's rookie year, love that pic of Russell with Eric Berry upside down in the air as Russell runs away from him.

I see Penny as having a huge, electric impact this coming year, along the lines of Warner's rookie year.
Biggest difference: Hawks go to the NFC Championship Game, not the AFC one like back in Warner's day.
People are failing to factor in how rookie RBs can ofen be outrageously, precociously productive as a rook. Penny at #27 was a fantastic choice for this team.

Along with the shit-for-luck we will have some huge out-of-the-blue bright spots too. There are others, but Dion Jordan is the first one who comes to mind. An apparently successful reclamation project with early-round talent. Love the punter pick in the 5th; it's Pete saying opponents are going to have to go the long field without mistakes against his defense. The TE pick Dissley, saying we are going to batter you at the LOS, and I think our OL will suck a lot less this year.

I think we'll get a couple nice surprises out of the blue, maybe from guys like Swoopes, even Fant. There are some wildcards out there that will come up aces for us. Maybe even C. J. Procise having a healthy season. (Dreaming I know)

Well said Oly. All of it. Bold is just emphasizing one or your great points.

Latest posts