Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:32 pm
  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 4527
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:35 pm
  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 4527
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:37 pm
  • I would have maybe gone JT Barrett here if I wanted a QB. Of course there had to be at least one pick from a player no-one has heard of.

    The guys doing the draft coverage on NFL now were searching their heads.
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2633
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:38 pm




  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 4527
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:44 pm
  • Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7340
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:47 pm
  • Well he's got the right shirt number...
    User avatar
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2633
    Joined: Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:08 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:57 pm

Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:18 pm
  • I thought CB Holton Hill would be a bargain here, and that we could maybe bring this guy or Quinton Flowers in as UDFA prospects. That being said, New England worked this guy out so they might have invited him as well.
    We Fired Tom Cable!
    User avatar
    xgeoff
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1351
    Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:45 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:32 pm
  • I actually like this pick. Kid plays balls to the wall. Bit of a risk taker, but also shows he can come off his first read. Not unlike Lauletta really, who I liked.
    --Poster of the Month - April 2018--
    User avatar
    vin.couve12
    .NET Poster of the Month
     
    Posts: 4244
    Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 10:19 am
    Location: Vancouver, WA


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:39 pm
  • Good mobility mechanics are descent seems to have good arm . Reminds me of Kirk Cousins based on what little film I've seen. I'm intrigued. Well see where it goes.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 799
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:42 pm
  • We can finally trade Russell Wilson.
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*
     
    Posts: 2114
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm
    Location: NC


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:44 pm
  • UK_Seahawk wrote:I would have maybe gone JT Barrett here if I wanted a QB.


    Nah
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2614
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:55 pm
  • Crizilla wrote:
    UK_Seahawk wrote:I would have maybe gone JT Barrett here if I wanted a QB.


    Nah


    I;m not a fan of Barret either.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 799
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:53 pm
  • Excellent choice given this is a 7th rd selection.

    Very intriguing. He definitely flew under the radar.
    User avatar
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1297
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:55 pm
  • joeseahawks wrote:We can finally trade Russell Wilson.

    :mrgreen: I lol'd. :2thumbs:
    User avatar
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1297
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:09 pm
  • Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 4527
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:16 pm
  • Jville
    * NET Alumni *
     
    Posts: 7340
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:49 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:22 pm
  • I heard Phil Simms on Sirius last week talk about him as a late round guy he really liked. Interesting prospect
    penihawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 529
    Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:11 am


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:28 pm
  • We are going to need a placekick holder next year after Ryan gets cut.
    Fire Tom Cable

    Did Chip Kelly assume roster management duties for the Seahawks this year? I must have missed the announcement.
    User avatar
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2217
    Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:27 am
    Location: Kalispell, MT


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:31 pm
  • Jville wrote:


    I was just about to bring this up. Watching his film he has pretty damn good ball placement on the move
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    User avatar
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2614
    Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm
    Location: Kirkland


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:33 pm
  • bigskydoc wrote:We are going to need a placekick holder next year after Ryan gets cut.


    I think Dickson will learn from Ryan...hopefully.
    2018 Adopt-a-rookie: Tre Flowers, CB
    User avatar
    jmahon316
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 81
    Joined: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:59 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:24 pm
  • His bio indicates he is a bit of a risk taker gunslinger, would fit a Butch Davis mentality. Might drive Pete nuts however, a Farve made Holmgren go grey. But he doesn't have any Court dates pending, so there is that.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24002
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:29 pm
  • Yep the bar is not that high after Boykin.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

    Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4921
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:13 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:43 pm
  • Jville wrote:


    Considering our o-line these past couple years, that may be the only type of throw he gets to make.

    I'm hoping for better this year on the o-line with new coaching, but McGough looks like a fascinating back-up option. He's athletic and fast, with a decent arm. I'll be interested to see what he learns from Russ.
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1689
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:55 pm
  • Very athletic and elusive. Can throw well on the run. Throws a wobbly ball, but more accurate than I thought.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 940
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:06 pm
  • The vid was interesting, kids a gamer and able to keep his eyes downfield while moving around but also able to tuck it and run when needed, he's in the Russ mold...never know could be a viable back up.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1532
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:13 am


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:18 pm
  • Ad Hawk wrote:
    Jville wrote:


    Considering our o-line these past couple years, that may be the only type of throw he gets to make.

    I'm hoping for better this year on the o-line with new coaching, but McGough looks like a fascinating back-up option. He's athletic and fast, with a decent arm. I'll be interested to see what he learns from Russ.


    Having a quality OC and QB coach around him might be better for both RW and this kid. Alex is 5 inches taller than Russ so he does have a vision advantage that might come in handy against jail break interior rush. Hopefully with Pocic and Fluker that won't be a problem like last season.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6041
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:13 pm
  • Jville wrote:

    His arm is too good to be a 7th rounder. Combined with his ability to evade pressure, and throw on the run. This is looking like highway robbery right now, I am not going to lie.
    User avatar
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1297
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:30 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    Jville wrote:

    His arm is too good to be a 7th rounder. Combined with his ability to evade pressure, and throw on the run. This is looking like highway robbery right now, I am not going to lie.


    I don't think anyone should confuse him for someone with good arm strength.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 940
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:36 pm
  • Fade wrote:
    Jville wrote:

    His arm is too good to be a 7th rounder. Combined with his ability to evade pressure, and throw on the run. This is looking like highway robbery right now, I am not going to lie.


    The school he went to played a factor to that no doubt. If he went to, say, Nevada with his physical traits and skill sets probably would've bumped him to early six or late fifth round.
    User avatar
    Seahawk_Dan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 504
    Joined: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:12 am
    Location: Bremerton, WA


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:10 am
  • fantastic pick! also, looks like he can throw running to his left.
    mrblitz
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1340
    Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 10:34 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:40 am
  • It’s hard to tell much from the film because they replay each play four of five times but it looks like JS scouted a guy who has experience with broken plays after protection failures. He is a good fit for us but his selection also re- enforce Reggie Bush’s comments about our draft priorities.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3974
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:48 am
  • The Patriots had him in for a private workout in April. Must have some skills.
    User avatar
    King Dog
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1567
    Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:13 pm
    Location: Phoenix, AZ


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:29 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    Jville wrote:

    His arm is too good to be a 7th rounder. Combined with his ability to evade pressure, and throw on the run. This is looking like highway robbery right now, I am not going to lie.


    I don't think anyone should confuse him for someone with good arm strength.


    I'm not saying he has a 1st rd cannon like Josh Allen.

    1st play he throws the go with ease. With the ball traveling 50 yds. Looked like he could of put more on it. Placed it in a perfect spot to avoid the turnover, yet still gives his receiver a chance to run after the catch. He takes it to the house. Might have been lucky, but he did complete 65% of his passes.

    2nd play evades intense pressure, spins out to his left while on the run tosses it 50 yds.

    3rd/4th.5th plays show his mobility on some zone reads. He has + movement for a QB with good size 6-3, but hard to tell how dynamic he really is given the level of competition. Ran 4.62 at his Pro Day, and he is slippery in the pocket.

    6th play. Fires it nearly 60 yds for the TD, and put it a little more on a line than his prevous 2 throws. It looked very reminiscent to an RW broken play.

    7th play. Another RW esque escape spotting & evading a rusher coming from the blind side who had him dead to rights. Showing a great feel for the rush, scrambles out to his left again on the run. Perfect placement on a 50/50 jump ball for the TD.

    8th play. Escapes to his right flings it across his body about 45 yds width wise. That's a no no, they should of cut that from his highlight tape. It was a half duck, and probably picked off against NFL players.

    9th play. Forced to bail to his right, guns it while throwing on the run. Hitting the hook route to move the chains. NFL throw, and he aimed it away toward the sideline so if he did miss it wouldn't be a turnover.

    10th play. NFL throw again, far hash deep out route. Perfect placement. The test throw for NFL arm strength.

    He does have a bit of a wobble on his ball which is weird, but he completed 65% of throws despite that.

    I am very intrigued by this pick, and am looking forward to him getting #2 reps at some point in the pre-season to get a better evaluation on him.
    User avatar
    Fade
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1297
    Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:26 am
    Location: Truth Ray


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:31 am
  • Fade wrote:
    I'm not saying he has a 1st rd cannon like Josh Allen.

    1st play he throws the go with ease. With the ball traveling 50 yds. Looked like he could of put more on it. Placed it in a perfect spot to avoid the turnover, yet still gives his receiver a chance to run after the catch. He takes it to the house. Might have been lucky, but he did complete 65% of his passes.

    2nd play evades intense pressure, spins out to his left while on the run tosses it 50 yds.

    3rd/4th.5th plays show his mobility on some zone reads. He has + movement for a QB with good size 6-3, but hard to tell how dynamic he really is given the level of competition. Ran 4.62 at his Pro Day, and he is slippery in the pocket.

    6th play. Fires it nearly 60 yds for the TD, and put it a little more on a line than his prevous 2 throws. It looked very reminiscent to an RW broken play.

    7th play. Another RW esque escape spotting & evading a rusher coming from the blind side who had him dead to rights. Showing a great feel for the rush, scrambles out to his left again on the run. Perfect placement on a 50/50 jump ball for the TD.

    8th play. Escapes to his right flings it across his body about 45 yds width wise. That's a no no, they should of cut that from his highlight tape. It was a half duck, and probably picked off against NFL players.

    9th play. Forced to bail to his right, guns it while throwing on the run. Hitting the hook route to move the chains. NFL throw, and he aimed it away toward the sideline so if he did miss it wouldn't be a turnover.

    10th play. NFL throw again, far hash deep out route. Perfect placement. The test throw for NFL arm strength.

    He does have a bit of a wobble on his ball which is weird, but he completed 65% of throws despite that.

    I am very intrigued by this pick, and am looking forward to him getting #2 reps at some point in the pre-season to get a better evaluation on him.


    That's fair. Only the 2nd QB drafted in the Carroll Era, I think he will earn the backup job.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 940
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:36 am
  • jmahon316 wrote:
    bigskydoc wrote:We are going to need a placekick holder next year after Ryan gets cut.


    I think Dickson will learn from Ryan...hopefully.


    If I were Ryan, I would not teach him anything - unless he Hawks have a deal to sign him on as a ST coach at the conclusion of camp. There is no depth chart for punters. We won't keep the drafts' number one punter on the PS.

    McGough probably will be on the PS at the end of camp, unless he wins the #2 job outright.
    User avatar
    crosfam
    NET Starter
     
    Posts: 359
    Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:45 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:56 am


  • Fixed it for you Walt. (ivotuk) :irishdrinkers: Good find.
    Seahawkwalt1967
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 211
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 12:38 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:09 am
  • Fade wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    Jville wrote:

    His arm is too good to be a 7th rounder. Combined with his ability to evade pressure, and throw on the run. This is looking like highway robbery right now, I am not going to lie.


    I don't think anyone should confuse him for someone with good arm strength.


    I'm not saying he has a 1st rd cannon like Josh Allen.

    1st play he throws the go with ease. With the ball traveling 50 yds. Looked like he could of put more on it. Placed it in a perfect spot to avoid the turnover, yet still gives his receiver a chance to run after the catch. He takes it to the house. Might have been lucky, but he did complete 65% of his passes.

    2nd play evades intense pressure, spins out to his left while on the run tosses it 50 yds.

    3rd/4th.5th plays show his mobility on some zone reads. He has + movement for a QB with good size 6-3, but hard to tell how dynamic he really is given the level of competition. Ran 4.62 at his Pro Day, and he is slippery in the pocket.

    6th play. Fires it nearly 60 yds for the TD, and put it a little more on a line than his prevous 2 throws. It looked very reminiscent to an RW broken play.

    7th play. Another RW esque escape spotting & evading a rusher coming from the blind side who had him dead to rights. Showing a great feel for the rush, scrambles out to his left again on the run. Perfect placement on a 50/50 jump ball for the TD.

    8th play. Escapes to his right flings it across his body about 45 yds width wise. That's a no no, they should of cut that from his highlight tape. It was a half duck, and probably picked off against NFL players.

    9th play. Forced to bail to his right, guns it while throwing on the run. Hitting the hook route to move the chains. NFL throw, and he aimed it away toward the sideline so if he did miss it wouldn't be a turnover.

    10th play. NFL throw again, far hash deep out route. Perfect placement. The test throw for NFL arm strength.

    He does have a bit of a wobble on his ball which is weird, but he completed 65% of throws despite that.

    I am very intrigued by this pick, and am looking forward to him getting #2 reps at some point in the pre-season to get a better evaluation on him.


    He might be more accurate than Allen, I didn't have any of these QB's rated as high as Wentz or Watson.
    Northwest Seahawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 799
    Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:10 pm


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:23 am
  • Looks like the office is expecting crapola from the offinsive line once again. All this kids passing highlights come from escaping unblocked pass rushers.
    User avatar
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3974
    Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:50 am


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:53 am
  • brimsalabim wrote:Looks like the office is expecting crapola from the offinsive line once again. All this kids passing highlights come from escaping unblocked pass rushers.




    I think they’ve accepted that college linemen generally suck so you need to plan for that reality. Mobile QBs, good RBs, TEs that can block.
    Mad Dog
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 218
    Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 am


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:08 am
  • He looked like RW running for his life at times. I'm glad he has some experience playing behind a poor O-Line. He would fit perfectly in the Cable/Bevel Seahawks Team.
    joeseahawks
    *The Prophet*
     
    Posts: 2114
    Joined: Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:43 pm
    Location: NC


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:15 pm
  • Well he won't have to be taught throwing under pressure, seems him and Wilson have the same teacher there, how well he can play with pass protection may be the biggest question. Under the radar except for a few astute staffs it appears as well, there is basically nothing on most the scouting and mocks about this kid. Although we have done this before with someone from Morgan State a few years back. He does have guts and will throw the ball leading a receiver when it looks like he is covered also. Something that Bevell or Pete has coached out of Wilson, maybe that will change also under Schottenheimer.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24002
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:35 am
  • Ah good one step closer to ridding ourselves of that expensive midget anchor on our offense. :mrgreen:
    adeltaY
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2032
    Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:22 pm
    Location: Portland, OR


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:08 am
  • Jville wrote:


    Well he will have to with our o-line with the way they have played for the last few years!
    "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!"
    User avatar
    Ace_Rimmer
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 800
    Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:59 am
    Location: Vancouver, BC


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:26 am
  • Fade wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Fade wrote:
    Jville wrote:

    His arm is too good to be a 7th rounder. Combined with his ability to evade pressure, and throw on the run. This is looking like highway robbery right now, I am not going to lie.


    I don't think anyone should confuse him for someone with good arm strength.


    I'm not saying he has a 1st rd cannon like Josh Allen.

    1st play he throws the go with ease. With the ball traveling 50 yds. Looked like he could of put more on it. Placed it in a perfect spot to avoid the turnover, yet still gives his receiver a chance to run after the catch. He takes it to the house. Might have been lucky, but he did complete 65% of his passes.

    2nd play evades intense pressure, spins out to his left while on the run tosses it 50 yds.

    3rd/4th.5th plays show his mobility on some zone reads. He has + movement for a QB with good size 6-3, but hard to tell how dynamic he really is given the level of competition. Ran 4.62 at his Pro Day, and he is slippery in the pocket.

    6th play. Fires it nearly 60 yds for the TD, and put it a little more on a line than his prevous 2 throws. It looked very reminiscent to an RW broken play.

    7th play. Another RW esque escape spotting & evading a rusher coming from the blind side who had him dead to rights. Showing a great feel for the rush, scrambles out to his left again on the run. Perfect placement on a 50/50 jump ball for the TD.

    8th play. Escapes to his right flings it across his body about 45 yds width wise. That's a no no, they should of cut that from his highlight tape. It was a half duck, and probably picked off against NFL players.

    9th play. Forced to bail to his right, guns it while throwing on the run. Hitting the hook route to move the chains. NFL throw, and he aimed it away toward the sideline so if he did miss it wouldn't be a turnover.

    10th play. NFL throw again, far hash deep out route. Perfect placement. The test throw for NFL arm strength.

    He does have a bit of a wobble on his ball which is weird, but he completed 65% of throws despite that.

    I am very intrigued by this pick, and am looking forward to him getting #2 reps at some point in the pre-season to get a better evaluation on him.


    Nice breakdown, thank you for that :2thumbs:
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 17115
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:29 am
  • Although hard to judge his arm, every play almost he is playing Hero ball as people have dubbed it and not really had a pocket to set up and throw in. Fact that he can run right and throw left to the other hash mark does say something however.
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24002
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:40 am
  • chris98251 wrote:Although hard to judge his arm, every play almost he is playing Hero ball as people have dubbed it and not really had a pocket to set up and throw in. Fact that he can run right and throw left to the other hash mark does say something however.


    Agreed. He has several RW type qualities. Russ is one of the best in the NFL throwing while running to his left. That throw by McGough in the video was impressive. He seems to be able to make all the throws. I can see why NE and the Hawks were intrigued by this young guy.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    User avatar
    Seafan
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 6041
    Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:30 pm
    Location: Helotes, TX


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:44 am
  • Is it pronounced "MaGoo" or "McGoff"?
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

    http://ivotuk.com/
    User avatar
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 17115
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:29 pm
    Location: North Pole, Alaska


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:58 pm
  • ivotuk wrote:Is it pronounced "MaGoo" or "McGoff"?



    MaGoo

    Image
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    User avatar
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *
     
    Posts: 4527
    Joined: Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:09 pm
    Location: Kitsap County


Re: QB Alex McGough, FIU with #220 pick
Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:58 pm
  • Image

    Well I hope he doesn't need Lazik :)
    Image

    To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    User avatar
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker
     
    Posts: 24002
    Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:52 pm
    Location: Renton Wa.


Next


It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 5:19 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information
  • Who is online