Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Undrafted Free Agent Tryouts.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Undrafted Free Agent Tryouts.
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:37 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:38 pm
    In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:39 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

I know it's college and the numbering rules might be different. And they said he's a converted TE, which would make some sense. But isn't it weird for a FB to wear #80?

Anyone else notice the soft hands on Hill? His QB was throwing some bullets at him from short distances. Also makes a shoestring grab or two.
    Dreadbelch
    NET Starter

Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:34 pm
  • Dreadbelch wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

I know it's college and the numbering rules might be different. And they said he's a converted TE, which would make some sense. But isn't it weird for a FB to wear #80?

Anyone else notice the soft hands on Hill? His QB was throwing some bullets at him from short distances. Also makes a shoestring grab or two.

Well the write up says he needs work, I know ya can't beleive everything ya read from some guys, hope he can read and react to would be tacklers and pick them up well, has great size 265.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:11 am
  • Are undrafted nfl players basically a competition as to who signs who first? It seems there were a number of quality undrafted players.
    Blindside
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:28 am
  • Blindside wrote:Are undrafted nfl players basically a competition as to who signs who first? It seems there were a number of quality undrafted players.

Yup, the only constraints are the salary cap and 90-man-roster limit.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:51 am
  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    InadvertentSmell wrote:Eddy Wilson signed!

Joining yet another band, eh?

Not many in here will get the reference, but I applaud you.
    FlyingGreg
    * Master Chief *

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:01 am
  • I'm really interested in Poona Ford.

I know it's just one play, but in the Senior Bowl, he lined up against Will Hernandez on a pass play. He got leverage, went low, did a rip move and got by him with ease and forced the QB to throw the ball away.
    truehawksfan
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:03 am
  • Blitzer88 wrote:

serious? watched that program he reminds me of lamar jackson tbh
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:11 am
  • Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:

Is the show worth watching?
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:15 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:
    Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:

absolutley kinda players who messed up at school etc really intresting some of our on hawks players actually went there j.reed and a few others go check it out man
    Last edited by Str8OuttaSkittles on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
    “Well, they’re going to have to stop all of us. You feel me. I’m a piece to it, but we’ve got some dogs.”
    Str8OuttaSkittles
    NET Starter

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:16 am
  • Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:
    hawknation2018 wrote:
    Str8OuttaSkittles wrote:
    Blitzer88 wrote:

absolutley kinda players who messed up at scholl etc really intresting some of our on hawks players actually went there j.reed and a few others go check it out man

Sweet, thanks for the heads up! I saw it on Netflix but hadn't heard much about it.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:13 am
  • Surprised that Poona Ford went undrafted. I think he will end up being top sleeper pick of the draft. I think the Seahawks did an excellent job of beefing up their interior DL. Reed, Johnson, Jones,Stephen, Ford, and at times Green, etc.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:25 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:Surprised that Poona Ford went undrafted. I think he will end up being top sleeper pick of the draft. I think the Seahawks did an excellent job of beefing up their interior DL. Reed, Johnson, Jones,Stephen, Ford, and at times Green, etc.

Probably some medical issue as that or legal issues is what usually causes good players not to get drafted. Hopefully it’s nothing that will prevent him from contributing for a few years as we need another backup cheap run stuffer.
    CalgaryHawk
    NET Starter

Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:38 am

Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:00 pm
  • jmahon316 wrote:https://twitter.com/NUFBFamily/status/990595961142566913

Warren Long signed as an UDFA

Credited as a Special Teams standout. Northwestern converted him from running back to linebacker for his senior year. Was listed at 6 foot and 218 lbs in his final year at Northwestern.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:24 pm
  • KitsapGuy wrote:
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:29 pm
  • Jville wrote:

Having a low center of gravity can be a positive at the NT position, as long as the player can carry the weight well. Nearly 33'' arms is what they're looking for to help the player hand fight and disengage.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:16 pm
  • Khalid Hill – nicknamed: The Ultimate Touchdown Vulture, Hammering Panda, and The Last Resort
    Heyseed
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:15 pm
  • I am so excited about what John and Pete have accomplished in the offseason. The post draft free agency moves are only more evidence of the true genius that the Seahawks have trusted these two, to get it right, and to give us the best possible opportunity to be a bonifide championship competitor in the NFL.

I’ve gone out and researched every free agent invited to participate in our undrafted free agency competitions, and every single one of them, have proven themselves worthy of our considerations. Whether or not they survive the scrutiny they are about to face will be the real decision maker for them.

As things have unfolded since the end of last season, I was so happy and excited when the Seahawks first announce that Pete Carroll had been acquired to manage the future of our team. As a 40 plus year fan, it was the first time in all of those years, that I actually believed that we would win a Super Bowl, in my lifetime. We did.

When Pete first took over and brought John Schneider in as his general manager, and they started doing exactly the same sort of things then, that we have seen them do this offseason, they got almost the exact same response from the fan base., and from most of the critics in the NFL.

They traded, and cut many of our beloved veterans, went out and signed a bunch of free agents, most of which, were not well received by the fan base, and questioned and challenged, by most of the “all knowing NFL talking heads” at the time. Then the draft came along, and again most fans were left scratching their heads , and questioning just about every pick they made, Followed in sequence by the post draft free agent signings, where we are now, which were also met with even more doubt and pessimissim, than the draft or pre draft free agency signings were met with.

If you had believed even half of all the judgements and criticisms that they were bombarded with, you would have thought that Seahawk fans were in for yet another, if not even worse season, than fans back then, had become accustomed to. As a Seahawk fan in those day, You had to have a pretty tough hide, and an insane amount of loyalty and dedication, to keep subjecting yourself to the embarrassment and humiliation that came with being a 12.

When the first hick off of the first preseason game, under Pete Carroll went up, the Seattle Seahawks quieted just about every critic in the NFL, and put one hell of a dent in the critics in our own fan base, which is an even greater feat lol. It’s been a fantastic journey ever since. This last season, being defined by most as disappointing, I believe was primarily a result of Nobel player and coach loyalties, that overshadowed way to many tough decisions, that should have been made during the previous offseason, and that were ignored, but that were made during this offseason.

It’s the one major difference between college and pro football. In college your best player generally graduate and make room for the younger talents to move up and make their marks. In the pros you get tangled up in trying to do right by your older players, and because you feel indebted to them for all their sacrafices, you are subject to retain them, even when you know they can’t deliver the same level of play anymore, or even when their egos and self importance has made them no longer teachable and cancerous to their younger teammates. I don’t think that we will see much of this in the future under Pete and John.

They don’t call it Not For Long for no reason. You are hired to do a job, better than your teammates, who want your job, and for so long as you can defend your turf its yours. When the day comes that a younger gun does draw faster than you, it’s time to move on. It’s just business, and as such you are always one play away from the end of your career.

I can only imagine how hard it must be to be a Pete Carroll, and a John Schneider, who have to make the gut wrenching decisions that they have to make, for us, in order to give us the best possible opportunities, to be a championship capable team. I predict that when the first kickoff of the first preseason game this s season, goes up in the air, that there will be another silencing of the critics throughout the NFL, and more importantly throughout the Seahawk fan base.

Go Seahawks !
    The 12th man, is the true heart and soul of the Seahawks. As goes the 12th man, so go the Seahawks. Change is Inevitable. Seahawk 12th Man for Life.
    pacific101
    NET Starter

Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:53 pm
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Sun Apr 29, 2018 4:37 pm
  • Poona Ford's draft profile video -
    https://binged.it/2FrMLRw

It was mentioned that he compares to Grady Jarrett, Mike Daniels, and Geno Atkins. Nice comparisons, hope it's true.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:20 pm
  • Has almost any CB been invited to the camp? Wow, it seems a pretty much need for Seattle this offseason. Griffin and Coleman fix two positions, but Maxwell is not a lock though he performed well last year. The others could become backups, at best. Surprising
    luigi_sal
    NET Bench Warmer

Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:18 pm
  • luigi_sal wrote:Has almost any CB been invited to the camp? Wow, it seems a pretty much need for Seattle this offseason. Griffin and Coleman fix two positions, but Maxwell is not a lock though he performed well last year. The others could become backups, at best. Surprising

Yeah, 2 CBs.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 1:17 am
  • I had Marcell Frazier being drafted a couple of times so naturally I'm very happy he's a Seahawk.

Also rooting heavily for Taj Williams.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:01 am
  • If you're a free agent, Seattle is the place to go. Pete has always been open minded to keeping undrafted players.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:27 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:If you're a free agent, Seattle is the place to go. Pete has always been open minded to keeping undrafted players.

That was the case a few years ago but it really dried up in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

This year, though? It's a pretty appealing place again.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:29 am
  • original poster wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:If you're a free agent, Seattle is the place to go. Pete has always been open minded to keeping undrafted players.

That was the case a few years ago but it really dried up in 2015, 2016 and 2017.

I don't know, we have one of the highest percentages of UDFAs on the team over those years.
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:32 am
  • FlyHawksFly wrote:
    original poster wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:If you're a free agent, Seattle is the place to go. Pete has always been open minded to keeping undrafted players.

I don't know, we have one of the highest percentages of UDFAs on the team over those years.

I'm talking about new UDFA's coming on board in those years :2thumbs:
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Re: Undrafted Free Agent Signings.
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:46 am
  • Rocket wrote:RE: Mr. Ford...
    5'11, 300+
    The dude must play low, and disruptive, right?
    His center of gravity is in his shoes.

Last edited by brimsalabim on Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
    brimsalabim
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:47 am
  • I can't remember Poona Ford's wing span exactly, but it's the equivalent of an average 6ft 8 man :lol: :lol:
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:03 am
  • Love to see Chris Hawkins stick. Good Safety, student of the game, has coach written all over him, and of course C-Hawk needs to be a Seahawk.
    Anajimmc
    NET Rookie

Undrafted Free Agent Tryouts.
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:39 am
  • hawknation2018 wrote:Viane Talamaivao is an interesting guard prospect. Very powerful but slow feet. His highlight tape out of HS was amazing.

He played guard at 'SC but has reportedly been training at C in order to have more position flexibility.

Edit to add: [tweet]https://twitter.com/GiantSkillz/status/974824881131941890/video/1[/tweet]
    Last edited by sc85sis on Tue May 01, 2018 3:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Help bring peace to the South LA / Puget Sound communities. Are you in?
    http://www.abetterla.org | http://www.abetterseattle.com
    sc85sis
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:01 pm
  • vin.couve12 wrote:
    InadvertentSmell wrote:Eddy Wilson signed!

Joining yet another band, eh?

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Tue May 01, 2018 10:59 am
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue May 01, 2018 6:47 pm
  • Jville
    * NET Alumni *

Wed May 02, 2018 6:43 am
  • KitsapGuy wrote:

The FO better get Jerry Rice on the horn to see if it's OK for Hill to wear #80.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 02, 2018 12:08 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    FlyHawksFly wrote:
    original poster wrote:

I'm talking about new UDFA's coming on board in those years :2thumbs:

It would be interesting to see the numbers.
    FlyHawksFly
    NET Veteran

Wed May 02, 2018 1:56 pm
  • Mizzou DE Marcell Frazier -- His stats:

2017: 32.0 tackles, 15.5 TFLs (7 sacks), 5 pass breakups, 1 forced fumble
    2016: 26.0 tackles, 8.5 TFLs (7.5 sacks), 2 pass breakups, 1 forced fumble
    2015: 14.0 tackles, 6 TFLs (2 sacks), 1 forced fumble

https://www.rockmnation.com/missouri-ti ... y-sherrils
    "God Bless the Seattle Seahawks" Cortez Kennedy

http://ivotuk.com/
    ivotuk
    * NET Moderator *

Wed May 02, 2018 2:01 pm
  • None of these announcements have been confirmed by the team and thus it's hard to know which are genuine UDFA signings and which are rookie minicamp invitees.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Wed May 02, 2018 4:05 pm
  • If I remember correctly the Seahawks had more UDFA and F.A pick ups on the team then anyone in the league, it was almost 50 percent at one time, it was said on a broadcast.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed May 02, 2018 10:47 pm
  • I've heard that they are supposed to be announced tomorrow.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Wed May 02, 2018 10:53 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:If I remember correctly the Seahawks had more UDFA and F.A pick ups on the team then anyone in the league, it was almost 50 percent at one time, it was said on a broadcast.

Yeah I remember that. Crazy really.

I believe the team has 14 roster spots open including Byron Maxwell and the 9 drafted guys so if there's more than 14 UDFA guys signed expect a couple of guys to get cut.

Now may very well be when we hear a final decision on Avril.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Wed May 02, 2018 10:53 pm
  • Well, first Bob said Thursday.

Now it looks like Friday.

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Thu May 03, 2018 10:09 am
  • This makes sense as there are seemingly 20 players who have announced signing a UDFA deal with the team and those numbers would be well over 90 when added to the players already signed.

There are a few I think are locks like Poona Ford for one.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 03, 2018 12:36 pm
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Thu May 03, 2018 1:00 pm
  • Interesting mind picture.

Wonder how much guaranteed money was given out?

jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

Thu May 03, 2018 1:18 pm

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Fri May 04, 2018 12:43 am
  • jammerhawk wrote:This makes sense as there are seemingly 20 players who have announced signing a UDFA deal with the team and those numbers would be well over 90 when added to the players already signed.

There are a few I think are locks like Poona Ford for one.

Think it was actually you that pointed it out Jammer (in another thread) that something I (and clearly Bob via his tweets) forgot to consider his how many players are on the roster but not counting towards a roster spot. Malik, Kam and Cliff being the obvious ones.

Although I thought we had 14 roster spots open, I forgot to include the NFI/PUP guys who won't be counting towards the 90.

We'll find out today for sure who we've actually signed.

I'm really looking forward to seeing contracts (mainly the signing bonus and GTD money).

While their base salaries won't count towards the cap as they won't qualify for the 51 highest contracts, their signing bonuses still need to be accounted for in the cap.
    www.hawk-talk.com

original poster
    * NET Moderator *

Fri May 04, 2018 10:28 am
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

PreviousNext

It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 5:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information