Positivity Returns To Seattle

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
In recent months we 12's have been barraged with a lot of negativity surrounding the Seahawks. From Earl Thomas' "Come get me" last season, the likely end to Kam and Cliff's careers, to the mass exodus of some of our top players. The national narrative has been unforgiving. The Seahawks reign of success is over. The window has slammed shut. The Golden Years of national media coverage seems like a thousand years ago. The only time anyone in the media talks about the Seahawks it's usually in a negative light in regards to who is now gone and how they will likely be looking up in the division for the next few years.

That is why today was such a breath of fresh air. Of course I have no way of knowing for sure, but I have a deep-rooted feeling that the Seahawks NAILED this draft. The acquisition of Shaquem Griffin in the 5th round wasn't just a blessing for him and his family, but to us as well. His story transcends sports and is the true message here but the wonderful side effect is that it feels like it gave the Seahawks a definitive beginning to a new era full of hope.

I don't wish to bash former players and I will go on record as saying that I was fans of Sherman and Bennett but their time had run their course here. I wish them both well with their new teams (whenever it doesn't directly impact us) but I for one won't miss the distractions that were clearly an ongoing issue.

The dual Shaq's will usher in a new era. The Legion of Boom is now a fond memory and its time to embrace this next chapter in the Seahawks' story.

The selection today hit me in ways I wasn't anticipating. The way I reacted was raw and real. It made me realize just how much the negativity over the past several months had impacted me emotionally.

So how do you guys feel today?

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
The Earn EVERYTHING is back. Those who sat on their laurels are gonna hope they can stick here...but I think they have nailed the draft too. A couple weak knees but those can be worked out. WE all We got, We all We need.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Yep, the negativity had gotten too me as well, even kept me from here a couple days at a time.

I rated our draft highly.
I’m stoked to watch this all play out.

I truly have hopes that this draft pushes us over the hump, and is the spark that re-ignites a flame in Seattle.
Maybe, just maybe this is the story that moves our guys past the wounds we know have festered for awhile.

Personally, I think we killed it in this draft, hope it ends up being so.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
With the deadweight of the underachieving assistant coaching staff being gone + this draft class, I’m feeling a lot better than a did few days ago. I still think we struggle a bit this season at times but we are headed back in the right direction. Though I think releasing Sherm is going to bite us in the rump for a couple of years.

Overall I’m more optimistic. :)

chris98251

Reaction score
Aros":3ps448dm said:
In recent months we 12's have been barraged with a lot of negativity surrounding the Seahawks. From Earl Thomas' "Come get me" last season, the likely end to Kam and Cliff's careers, to the mass exodus of some of our top players. The national narrative has been unforgiving. The Seahawks reign of success is over. The window has slammed shut. The Golden Years of national media coverage seems like a thousand years ago. The only time anyone in the media talks about the Seahawks it's usually in a negative light in regards to who is now gone and how they will likely be looking up in the division for the next few years.

That is why today was such a breath of fresh air. Of course I have no way of knowing for sure, but I have a deep-rooted feeling that the Seahawks NAILED this draft. The acquisition of Shaquem Griffin in the 5th round wasn't just a blessing for him and his family, but to us as well. His story transcends sports and is the true message here but the wonderful side effect is that it feels like it gave the Seahawks a definitive beginning to a new era full of hope.

I don't wish to bash former players and I will go on record as saying that I was fans of Sherman and Bennett but their time had run their course here. I wish them both well with their new teams (whenever it doesn't directly impact us) but I for one won't miss the distractions that were clearly an ongoing issue.

The dual Shaq's will usher in a new era. The Legion of Boom is now a fond memory and its time to embrace this next chapter in the Seahawks' story.

The selection today hit me in ways I wasn't anticipating. The way I reacted was raw and real. It made me realize just how much the negativity over the past several months had impacted me emotionally.

So how do you guys feel today?

If you watched Shaq's interview at home with his brother you will understand. when he said " Prepare for Greatness "
Chills went down my spine, he did it not being boisterous or smug but with a deadly seriousness. He has a chip, and his chip makes Sherman's coming in appear like a flake of sawdust.

Were in for a ride again, but I think this time it will be on offense and defense, get in your seat now and strap in, this Roller Coaster ride is just starting and we may have a few ups and downs but it's going to be a wild ride here again soon.

The one thing I am still wanting is a FB that want's to hit someone and that can catch the ball as well.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I give the draft a C. Not many impact players taken IMO. I didn't like the Dissly and Griffin picks and I feel Green and Flowers are pretty raw. Our Oline needed the most attention as usual and we draft a LT in the 5th. Well, LT is the one position on the line that we don't need help, so they are going to take a lineman that graded horribly in the athletic testing and try and teach him a different position. Good luck with that. A wasted pick in my opinion. Oh well, the draft wasn't horrible by any means, but I cant agree with anybody thinking it was homerun.

chris98251

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":26cebsxa said:
I give the draft a C. Not many impact players taken IMO. I didn't like the Dissly and Griffin picks and I feel Green and Flowers are pretty raw. Our Oline needed the most attention as usual and we draft a LT in the 5th. Well, LT is the one position on the line that we don't need help, so they are going to take a lineman that graded horribly in the athletic testing and try and teach him a different position. Good luck with that. A wasted pick in my opinion. Oh well, the draft wasn't horrible by any means, but I cant agree with anybody thinking it was homerun.

We are hedging our bets on Brown both for injury and resigning, Fant and now Jones as back ups or replacements, Brown is 32 and it's now going to be a contract year for him also. Jones played against top competition and held his own, good coaching for a year and nefl training will help him build his body.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
To me it feels like this team has a heart again. I’m totally P & J’d again. Was feeling a bit disconnected to the team for awhile. A draft can’t truly be graded until a few years later but this feels like a good one.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
chris98251":r7n1a8n9 said:
pittpnthrs":r7n1a8n9 said:

We are hedging our bets on Brown both for injury and resigning, Fant and now Jones as back ups or replacements, Brown is 32 and it's now going to be a contract year for him also. Jones played against top competition and held his own, good coaching for a year and nefl training will help him build his body.

I'm anxious to see if Brown returns to form under Solari. If he does and continues to play, do we pay him? I think we would almost have to. That's way down the line though.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I also think a lot of the positivity per se is due to there being no expectations anymore. If we lose every game, it can be blamed on the rebuild. I don't think anybody is expecting the team to do much this upcoming season. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. We expected wins before.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
While I think Bennett's the one that had to go for "other reasons" and Sherman only went because of money, I am personally feeling quiet positive. However, I have been since Bevell was fired.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I feel good about this draft. I was with non-Hawk fans to watch Day 1 so was hit with a barrage of negative comments on our first pick, but seeing some actual stats on him and hearing from him, I feel better. All our picks make sense. And when I see a negative comment I just remind myself of all the low grades in 2012 to show that noone really knows for sure..

Yeah maybe the door shut on that team we got to know the last few years. But what's that saying....when one door closes another one opens?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2hinl6kj said:
I also think a lot of the positivity per se is due to there being no expectations anymore. If we lose every game, it can be blamed on the rebuild. I don't think anybody is expecting the team to do much this upcoming season. Not sure if that's a good thing or not. We expected wins before.

Wow. Nice way to shit on my positivity thread there bud. :177692:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":3v88y2wt said:
I disagree pretty much 100%.... but you are entitled to your opinion and it seems to be set in stone.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3vhwq5v5 said:
While I think Bennett's the one that had to go for "other reasons" and Sherman only went because of money, I am personally feeling quiet positive. However, I have been since Bevell was fired.
Ditto.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Aros":3oavgzqc said:
pittpnthrs":3oavgzqc said:

Don’t let him harsh your buzz. 8)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1s20lp59 said:
Ditto.

Sterlinghawk

Reaction score
Aros":2ly6l5by said:
pittpnthrs":2ly6l5by said:

Right....like we haven't had to wade through that drivel in every other thread.

I think we nailed this draft and couldn't be more stoked for the next few seasons. On the rise again.

Stay positive, Go Hawks

P.s. I think we coulda got the punter a few rounds earlier :sarcasm_off:

toffee

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":24rikfrr said:

Bennett, Earl and Sherman were the had to go. Along with bunch of coaching staffs. We are almost done cleansing the negative force. Almost.

If we 12s were depressed by the Bennett of the world, just imagine the locker room? With the cleansing of the Bennetts and the feel good story of the Griffins. I felt like dark cloud has moved on, we can feel the sun again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Sterlinghawk":57ccjjm0 said:
Aros":57ccjjm0 said:
pittpnthrs":57ccjjm0 said:

Right....like we haven't had to wade through that drivel in every other thread.

I think we nailed this draft and couldn't be more stoked for the next few seasons. On the rise again.

Stay positive, Go Hawks

P.s. I think we coulda got the punter a few rounds earlier :sarcasm_off:

Really did laugh out loud....If only we had a 2nd round pick...... :sarcasm_off: :stirthepot: