The Annual Adopt a Rookie Thread

JSeahawks

Reaction score
You know the drill. You can take one and one only whos back you've got no matter what, through thick or thin:

Rashaad Penny, RB, San Diego State
Raheem Green, DE, USC
Will Dissly,l TE, Washington (aka the worst draft pick in Seahawks history)
Shaqeem Griffin, LB, UCF.
Tre Flowers, CB, Oklahoma State
Michael Dickson, P, Texas
Jamarco Jones, OT, Temple
Jake Martin, DE, Ohio State
Alex McGough, QB, Florida International

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Penny for me, I was shocked when they picked him in the first round but he was a guy I really liked. I think he is an instant starter and impact player from day one. Can't wait to watch him play!

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Most years i cant decide cuz i like almost all of them, this year not so much. I'm gonna go with Penny because other then Griffin he's the only one that i'm remotely excited about. Plus, I think he's going to be a lot better then he's being given credit for.

TwilightError

Reaction score
This is a tough one. I’m a running back guy and that was the first pick, but there’s also a guy with one hand and a punter... also a really potential o-lineman and I have been pining for a solid o-line for years..

I think I will have to go out of the box and take Tre Flowers. That Legion of Boom needs a solid rebuild too.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
The only time in my life I will ever support a Ford.

Don't get me wrong - several guys there are worthy, but almost all are locks to make the team and don't need me having their back.

So I am throwing my considerable weight behind Poona Ford, because I reckon he's going to compete well for a roster spot.

Or do UDFAs not count?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Tanner Carew. Just because no one else will and be will be starting by day 1. Also if you get a chance, watch the se bowl, he was a force on special teams, and not just hiking the ball. Had 4 tackles also.

CamanoIslandJQ

Reaction score
RB-Rashaad Penney
Whom I've been pounding the table for since before Christmas, here and at SDB, et. al. - Penney is my favorite draft pick in a long, long, long, long time.
**An All Pro RB waiting to happen**. In a year from now, y'all will be saying "Lynch who?"

I'll even PREDICT his rookie season #'s: -- -- -- (And, I'm saving this prediction to see how close I come.)

200+-carries, 1200+-yards, +/- 6.0 yards per carry & 10-TD's - Rushing. -As the #1 RB with spot relief from others.
30-receptions for 500-yds & 4-TD's - receiving. -Penney is very underestimated as a receiver.
20-K.O. Returns for 500-yds & 1-TD, 15-punt returns for 200-yds & 1-TD. -The BIG Bonus of this selection.
Total All purpose yards = 2400, Total TD's = 16. ----------- One hell of an impact from a rookie RB.
---->Offensive Rookie of the year will be firmly in his grasp and I think he'll do it. Watch y'all will see.

Also: WR-Ka'Raun White is the sleeper UDFA I see raising up through the ranks & he'll startle a lot of people, along with
several others from this draft class (and even a few of the other UDFA's will make people take notice as well).

PC/JS know what they are doing and how to do it, this time they got it all done right. This was an A+ draft IMO. Superb Owl, here we come, & Go Seahawks.
:smilingalien:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From the people that put their money on the line and probably should be very much in the know. Another example showing Penney as the #2 RB in the draft. Bad pick, my ass.

Oddsmakers "Bovada" projections; 2018 Offensive Rookie of the year:
Sequon Barkley, odds; 3/2 (This with only 56.5% of Penney's rushing yards in 2017)
Rashaad Penney, odds: 14/1
Darius Guice, odds: 18/1
Ronald Jones, odds: 30/1
Sony Michel, odds: 30/1
http://thecomeback.com/nfl/breaking-dow ... ovada.html
:smilingalien: :smilingalien:

chris98251

Reaction score
CamanoIslandJQ":1f3i3abf said:
RB-Rashaad Penney
Whom I've been pounding the table for since before Christmas, here and at SDB, et. al. - Penney is my favorite draft pick in a long, long, long, long time.
**An All Pro RB waiting to happen**. In a year from now, y'all will be saying "Lynch who?"

I'll even PREDICT his rookie season #'s: -- -- -- (And, I'm saving this prediction to see how close I come.)

200+-carries, 1200+-yards, +/- 6.0 yards per carry & 10-TD's - Rushing. -As the #1 RB with spot relief from others.
30-receptions for 500-yds & 4-TD's - receiving. -Penney is very underestimated as a receiver.
20-K.O. Returns for 500-yds & 1-TD, 15-punt returns for 200-yds & 1-TD. -The BIG Bonus of this selection.
Total All purpose yards = 2400, Total TD's = 16. ----------- One hell of an impact from a rookie RB.
---->Offensive Rookie of the year will be firmly in his grasp and I think he'll do it. Watch y'all will see.

Also: WR-Ka'Raun White is the sleeper UDFA I see raising up through the ranks & he'll startle a lot of people, along with
several others from this draft class (and even a few of the other UDFA's will make people take notice as well).

PC/JS know what they are doing and how to do it, this time they got it all done right. This was an A+ draft IMO. Superb Owl, here we come, & Go Seahawks.
:smilingalien:

pssst it's Penny.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Penny, I'm thinking he runs for 850 yards and 6 tds, splitting carries the 1sr half of the year before taking the starting spot.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

original poster

Reaction score
Updated your post J, you had Jones listed as an OLB and Martin listed as a tackle :)

Jamarco Jones is my rookie.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Never done one of these till now but our in house Duck added some fuel for me to do it.

original poster

Reaction score
IndyHawk":25vj0ny6 said:
Never done one of these till now but our in house Duck added some fuel for me to do it.

Good call, Indy!