Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Annual Adopt a Rookie Thread

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: The Annual Adopt a Rookie Thread
Fri May 04, 2018 8:11 am
  • This is a tough year to pick a rookie to adopt. A case can be made for everyone of them. I decided on Dickson because field position is so important in a football game, and this guy can literally change a game. When is the last time this has really been the case for a punter?

Perhaps Ray Guy?

I mean the guy was named an MVP of a bowl game. When does that happen for a punter?

That's my pick but really like this draft class potential.

If we have the choice to pick a UDFA rookie it would be Ford. He is like a slab of granite in the middle of the D-Line. He will make the team.
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

Fri May 04, 2018 8:47 am
  • Well the reason I became a Boise State fan (as much as a Husky fan is allowed to be?) was the one-handed cornerback they had.

I love seeing people triumph over adversity and prove to the world they can do anything.

And so, I would have picked Shaquem as my rookie no matter what team he was on.

So obviously, I have to pick him if he is on my team.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Fri May 04, 2018 8:58 pm
  • original poster wrote:
    pacific101 wrote:Shaquem Griffin has been my pick since last year before he was officially a Seahawk. I recognized the phenom factor in his game, when I first watched him ballin in college, he’s the genuine article. I lost sight of the fact that he was playing with one hand, about 5 minutes in to his game footage.

Shaquem is gonna rock the NFL world in 2018. I am saving up every dollar I can, for CLINK tickets, for myself, my wife, and my 3 adult children. We all want to witness this miracle occur live and in person.

As a suggestion, Shaquem would probably feel a little more at home and welcome as a Seahawk, here at the .net, if folks didn't misspell his name. Now correct me if I’m wrong, but everywhere I read his name, they spelled it Shaquem, and not Shaqeem, like it is spelled in the list of rookies to choose from in this thread. It is an easy mistake to make, I was spelling it Shaqeam for awhile, until I was corrected on it as well.

I’m more excited about the Seahawks 2018 season, than I’ve been about any other season in over 40 years of being a 12. No matter how it plays out, it’s gonna be a season to remember, and some genuine miracles are about to unfold.

Go Seahawks!

I have a real annoyance of people spelling players names wrong.

Cam Chancellor :34853_doh:
    John Ryan :34853_doh:
    Tyler Lockette :34853_doh:
    Ethan Posic :34853_doh:
    C.J. Procise :34853_doh:
    Shaquille Griffin :34853_doh:

Would not have this problem if the just named them Joe and Jose Griffin. Blame the parents :)

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Fri May 04, 2018 9:36 pm
  • Alex McGough. He's making the active roster this year and likely to surprise beyond that.

920x920.jpg
    920x920.jpg (41.83 KiB) Viewed 389 times
    Last edited by Boom84 on Fri May 04, 2018 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    That's what you get when you try me...
    Boom84
    NET Practice Squad

Fri May 04, 2018 9:39 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:Never done one of these till now but our in house Duck added some fuel for me to do it.

Will Dissly,l TE, Washington (aka the worst draft pick in Seahawks history)

I like Uncle Will too! He's not only going to offer more than expected in the passing game, but will become a key leader over time in the locker room as the culture of the Seahawks begins to change. I also like the sound of Mr. McGough to Uncle Will for the TOUCHDOWN!
    That's what you get when you try me...
    Boom84
    NET Practice Squad

Fri May 04, 2018 10:07 pm
  • Shaqeem.

Because the 12's will make him electric and he will return the favor.
    "All in the game yo, all in the game"
    Omar Devon Little
    1980-2007
    two dog
    NET Veteran

Sat May 05, 2018 2:35 am
  • Michael Dickson for me. Can't wait to see him plaster the opposition against their endzone, only for Green, Griffin (2x) and other Defensive Greats take advantage.
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: Adopt a Rookie 2018

Living below sealevel: The only way is up!
    Zeearend
    NET Bench Warmer

Sat May 05, 2018 3:32 am
  • Tre Flowers. I believe he has the potential to be a starting CB for us with time and experience.

Favorite Parts:
    @ 1:07
    @ 1:53
    2018 Adopt-a-rookie: Tre Flowers, CB
    jmahon316
    NET Practice Squad

Sat May 05, 2018 4:39 am
  • rasheem-green-620-620x370.jpg
    rasheem-green-620-620x370.jpg (43.71 KiB) Viewed 361 times
    No pressure on this young man, this year. But he'll get to show off in spots, and continue to grow. I think he's going to be a S.T.U.D.
    RockinHawks
    NET Veteran

Sat May 05, 2018 7:25 am
  • McGough baby. Gonna make Russ expendable.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Sat May 05, 2018 7:27 am
  • original poster wrote:
    pacific101 wrote:Shaquem Griffin has been my pick since last year before he was officially a Seahawk. I recognized the phenom factor in his game, when I first watched him ballin in college, he’s the genuine article. I lost sight of the fact that he was playing with one hand, about 5 minutes in to his game footage.

Shaquem is gonna rock the NFL world in 2018. I am saving up every dollar I can, for CLINK tickets, for myself, my wife, and my 3 adult children. We all want to witness this miracle occur live and in person.

As a suggestion, Shaquem would probably feel a little more at home and welcome as a Seahawk, here at the .net, if folks didn't misspell his name. Now correct me if I’m wrong, but everywhere I read his name, they spelled it Shaquem, and not Shaqeem, like it is spelled in the list of rookies to choose from in this thread. It is an easy mistake to make, I was spelling it Shaqeam for awhile, until I was corrected on it as well.

I’m more excited about the Seahawks 2018 season, than I’ve been about any other season in over 40 years of being a 12. No matter how it plays out, it’s gonna be a season to remember, and some genuine miracles are about to unfold.

Go Seahawks!

I have a real annoyance of people spelling players names wrong.

Cam Chancellor :34853_doh:
    John Ryan :34853_doh:
    Tyler Lockette :34853_doh:
    Ethan Posic :34853_doh:
    C.J. Procise :34853_doh:
    Shaquille Griffin :34853_doh:

Christine Michaels used to annoy me.
    King Dog
    NET Veteran

Sat May 05, 2018 2:44 pm
  • Lots of sentimental possibilities this year, but I always go with the guy with a Montana Connection (like Brock Coyle)

So this year I am adopting Bozeman native Will Dissly
    Fire Tom Cable

Did Chip Kelly assume roster management duties for the Seahawks this year? I must have missed the announcement.
    bigskydoc
    NET Veteran

Sun May 06, 2018 4:43 pm
  • Ad Hawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Who WASN'T going to be a reach with our second-round pick in Houston?

Well, I've heard--on this very board!--the names of several high-ranking offensive linemen that could have come in and single-handedly brought order to our mess of an 0-line, guys "still on the board" that we passed up and when we could have taken Penny in the 3rd round (or something nonsensical like that).

My adopt-a-rookie is Flowers. I hope he takes his place as Sherm's replacement (even 3/4 of Sherm will be a plus).

I was dancin' when they announced that Tre Flowers was our pick, so...scoot over Ad, I on the Tre Flowers bandwagon witch ya.
    3/4 of Sherm??, Sherm had been playing with owies for the last couple years, and it showed.
    I think that if Flowers is given half a chance, and he & Thomas can get some meld time, he's going to shock the shit out of everybody.
    My #2 guy was Rashaad Penny, but I KNEW he wasn't going to last thru the 2nd round.....#3 was Dissly, #4 was Griffin, so...I was ecstatic with this draft, right from the get-go.

All the other picks were just icing in the cake...IMHO, this was a home run Draft by Pete & John.
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun May 06, 2018 4:58 pm
  • I was going to say Rashaad Penny, but think he will do great anyways, this year I'm going with Michael Dickson.
    theincrediblesok
    NET Veteran

Sun May 06, 2018 6:41 pm
  • scutterhawk wrote:
    Ad Hawk wrote:
    MontanaHawk05 wrote:Who WASN'T going to be a reach with our second-round pick in Houston?

Well, I've heard--on this very board!--the names of several high-ranking offensive linemen that could have come in and single-handedly brought order to our mess of an 0-line, guys "still on the board" that we passed up and when we could have taken Penny in the 3rd round (or something nonsensical like that).

My adopt-a-rookie is Flowers. I hope he takes his place as Sherm's replacement (even 3/4 of Sherm will be a plus).

I was dancin' when they announced that Tre Flowers was our pick, so...scoot over Ad, I on the Tre Flowers bandwagon witch ya.
    3/4 of Sherm??, Sherm had been playing with owies for the last couple years, and it showed.
    I think that if Flowers is given half a chance, and he & Thomas can get some meld time, he's going to shock the shit out of everybody.
    My #2 guy was Rashaad Penny, but I KNEW he wasn't going to last thru the 2nd round.....#3 was Dissly, #4 was Griffin, so...I was ecstatic with this draft, right from the get-go.

All the other picks were just icing in the cake...IMHO, this was a home run Draft by Pete & John.

The Flowers wagon seems to have plenty of room, scutter.

You must have loved to hear each pick, then; almost as if they had consulted you before announcing the next draftee.
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 6:51 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information