Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

2018 Defense & STs

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
2018 Defense & STs
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:33 am
  • DE Clark
    DT Jones
    DT Reed
    DE Jordan Green
    OLB Wright
    MLB Wagner
    OLB Griffen Sm.
    CB Maxwell Coleman
    CB Griffen Sl.
    FS Thomas
    SS McDougald

P Dickson
    K Janikowski
    KR Penny
    PR Lockett

This potential lineup gives me hope about controlling field position like during the early PC years. Giving the offense better field position and the defense the long field will go a long way toward returning to competitive football. I'm pumped the Hawks still have the best Free Safety in football to protect the back end as the younger guys get mixed into the secondary.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Re: 2018 Defense & STs
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:21 am
  • I also have Jones penciled in at starting 3T in the base defense. But I think they will probably give veteran signee Shamar Stephens the first crack at the starting job because he has a little more experience, durability, and run stopping ability.

Really happy about the Rasheem Green selection. It seems they have built some nice depth there this off-season after the loss of Bennett and (presumably) Avril.

Jones seems like a very important player if they hope to generate interior pressure with any consistency.

Tom Johnson, Marcus Smith, Quinton Jefferson, Branden Jackson, Noble Nwachukwu, Poona Ford, Eddie Wilson, etc. could all be in the mix for playing time.

Developing depth behind the starters at LB and DB will also be critical. Injuries can be expected.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:27 am
  • Agreed about the depth and the lineup fluidity. This has to have Pete and Ken smiling.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:24 am
  • Consider other special teams potential contributors: We still have Thorpe, and now add Griffin (Sm.), and maybe flowers, and our tackling downfield may be amazing...
    NET Veteran

Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:04 pm
  • Rotational and situational depth is of supreme importance to our defensive line. The approach is less about finding four starters and is much more about adding the best possible 8-9 guys to the 53 man roster.

8-9 DL
    DE: Dion Jordan, Frank Clark, Rasheem Green, Branden Jackson, Quinton Jefferson, Marcus Smith, Marcell Frazier
    DT: Jarren Reed, Naz Jones, Tom Johnson, Shamar Stephen, Poona Ford, Eddy Wilson, Albert Havili

Looks like a year in which we may want to keep 9+ to me but it always feels that way in May.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:02 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information