Poster of the Month - May 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

original poster

Reaction score
Hi all,

We've decided to introduce something to lift the spirits and improve the forum.

Poster of the month.

It's pretty self explanatory (I'd hope!) but here are the basic parameters.

Each month, I will make a post whereby you get to choose up to three names of guys you think are deserving of poster of the month.

I will then shortlist 5 and we will run a poll for 3/4 days, everyone gets to vote.

Once the poll has run its course (3/4 days) said posted will be awarded 'Poster of the Month XXX"

You get to sing it from the rooftops, you get to put it in your signature, you get to put it on your resume, basically you can do whatever you want with it except exchange it for cash.

Sound good?

Let's start...

Please select either one, two or three names you'd like to nominate for poster of the month.

I will start

HawkNation 2018
Fade
Sports Hernia

(please note - this whole thing is fixed so if you'd like to vote for Uncle Si, it will make this whole process a lot easier for everyone).

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Thanks for the nomination!
Giphy

My nominees:
original poster (Duh!)
UK_Seahawk (The Brits are coming! The Brits are coming!)
fenderbender123 (Cause we need the funny)

Would include Sports Hernia too, but he was already mentioned, and I'm limited to three.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Nominees:

1) WindyCityHawk, "Solid B" thread... "Remember when The New Coke came out, and then to everyone's relief they brought back Classic Coke? This is classic Pete Carroll." This line just brought down the house for me.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146570

2) Chris98251, Too many great posts to list, but some areas that stood out, particularly in draft analysis and commentary:
"Re: Pick #27
Yeah this guy runs too upright and has thin thighs must have sucked as a pro."
And then posted some vids of Curtis Martin and damned if it wasn't actually Rashaad Penny time-traveling on film.
Lots of other great posts in Rashaad Penny related threads as well. Chris98251 is just always sharing great information about players, about the scheme, about the relevant history, and about the dynamic of a particular situation.

In that same "Solid B" thread mentioned above, a poster who is possibly not a native English speaker, shared some opinions, including some tired ignorant national media cliche opinions, "reach" etc. on Penny. Chris had a fair challenge of a response, asking him to share more specifics and analysis. The poster then responded with his more detailed breakdown, which had some reasonable points plus some questionable points. Instead of a condescending "intellectual Zorro" response which can be too common on .NET sometimes, Chris98251 responded with a point-by-point breakdown that was fair, helpful, and a significant positive contribution to the football knowledge shared in the thread.

3) JVille, again too many to list. Always sharing helpful football knowledge, good information, in an interesting and positive way. Whenever I see his posts I know it's going to have something interesting and insightful, a take I hadn't considered, relevant information I didn't know, etc.

If there was an award for Thread of the Month, so far my nominees would be " Will Dissley, #120" viewtopic.php?f=2&t=146555 and "Solid B". Really enjoying the quality main board discussions following the draft! :2thumbs:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
original poster":1ddj07e1 said:
100 views and 2 voters, come on guys :)

Here's my impression of everyone clicking on this.

*click*............................sees no one nominated them...........................*exits*

Thank you, I'll be here all week. Please try the veal.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":ak88y5o9 said:
original poster":ak88y5o9 said:

*click*............................sees no one nominated them...........................*exits*

I'll give it another 24 hours before dropping the idea :(

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
vin.couve12
Hawkscanner
AgentDib

Agree with their opinions or not, these guys bring a lot more football knowledge and effort to the table than most posters.

Boycie

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3jgdyupu said:
original poster":3jgdyupu said:

I nominate Sarge.

OP
OP
original poster

original poster

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":83ea3kmn said:
vin.couve12
Hawkscanner
AgentDib

Agree with their opinions or not, these guys bring a lot more football knowledge and effort to the table than most posters.

Very solid list!

Thanks for voting Montana 8)

jmahon316

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":l7qq5u1n said:
original poster":l7qq5u1n said:

My vote goes to Sgt. Largent and him alone, I don't even care for picking out another 2.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Always Optimistic- SoulfishHawk

Content Pushers- Ivotuk HM: KitsapGuy

Insight Junkies- Vin.Couve HM: hawknation2018

Edit: hawknation2018 for an HM in Content Pushers as well

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
original poster":38p3kbzv said:
Hi all,

We've decided to introduce something to lift the spirits and improve the forum.

Poster of the month.

It's pretty self explanatory (I'd hope!) but here are the basic parameters.

Each month, I will make a post whereby you get to choose up to three names of guys you think are deserving of poster of the month.

I will then shortlist 5 and we will run a poll for 3/4 days, everyone gets to vote.

Once the poll has run its course (3/4 days) said posted will be awarded 'Poster of the Month XXX"

You get to sing it from the rooftops, you get to put it in your signature, you get to put it on your resume, basically you can do whatever you want with it except exchange it for cash.

Sound good?

Let's start...

Please select either one, two or three names you'd like to nominate for poster of the month.

I will start

HawkNation 2018
Fade
Sports Hernia

(please note - this whole thing is fixed so if you'd like to vote for Uncle Si, it will make this whole process a lot easier for everyone).
Thanks for the nomination, appreciate it, but I’m not worthy . 8)

My first vote goes for you, and not because of you nominating me, but because of the great content of late and the breaking of things down so us average knuckleheads can understand it. You’ve been hitting homeruns lately, keep it coming, your content greatly improves the forum :2thumbs:

Chris, for backing his arguments with facts and video’s.

Fade, always supports his side of the discussion with facts.

Aros, for always trying to see the positive and shiny light at the end of the tunnel.

Honorable mention for non-Hawks poster: SanDiego49’er, for his insight and information in the Rashaad Penny thread.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Scottemojo
Kearly

Unfortunately those guys aren't here anymore....so here's my list -

MontanaHawk05
Aros
Jammerhawk

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Aros is the "conscience" of the board. Our Walter Cronkite, if you will.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3h2tppuq said:
original poster":3h2tppuq said:

I also like the idea of Post of the Month and Thread of the Month...
People might stop in long enough to see what they are and then go read them.

I've randomly given out post-of-the-week awards as the spirit moves me.
The test for that is that if a reasonable person were drinking a glass of milk while reading the post, the next thing he (she) knows, they are snorting milk out their nostrils while laughing.

So far I've given out about one weekly award per month. The weekly thing just seemed so arbitrary and rigid to a nonconformist like me. The award? It's a variation on the Marvel Comics No-Prize. With a special awards ceremony video.

The first winner? 12ForLife, with this gem, responding to a JVille post. Who knew JVille was such a great "straight man"?

Jville wrote:
^^^
Getting the best 5 linemen on the field has been pretty much the norm around the NFL for decades. Posted objections are likely a reflection of the limits of an author's understanding. IMHO.

12forlife wrote:
Bet you have your fingers crossed that we sign Pryor so he can come in at WR since he is versatile, then we have our backup incase Russell gets hurt behind a versatile Oline. :2thumbs:

I owe WindyCityHawk one of those coveted awards for his "Classic Pete" post. In the mail...

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
pittpthrs
Twisted Husky
That guy who loved TJack.

djb28

Reaction score
I do not know why I was expecting to open this thread and see hot girls?

Status
Not open for further replies.