Feeling a bit like 2012

quadsas

Reaction score
People shitting on the draft, disappointing previous season, but new fresh blood or possible cornerstones of the franchise coming in.

2012 season was by far the most far me, even more than 2013 SB year (we all kinda knew we were gonna win that year), kinda feeling like this forum is gonna be rocking by December.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
quadsas":2wd6ogt0 said:
People shitting on the draft, disappointing previous season, but new fresh blood or possible cornerstones of the franchise coming in.

2012 season was by far the most far me, even more than 2013 SB year (we all kinda knew we were gonna win that year), kinda feeling like this forum is gonna be rocking by December.
I hope you are right. I’m cautiously optimistic. I think the Hawks will struggle in certain areas, but would certainly like to be dead wrong, which wouldn’t be the first time. I thought the 2005 was going to be a 9-7 team and they went 13-3 and went to the Super Bowl.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I was thinking 2011 but with more talent. The new core is not yet defined but you can tell that the team is adding more talent.

original poster

Reaction score
I'm excited and I think it's predominantly due to minimal expectations.

As I keep banging on about, I'm just going to sit back, relax and enjoy some football. No expectations, no feeling like the world is over when we lose, just take it all in as it happens.

Week 6 against the Raiders is going to be particularly special to me.

chris98251

Reaction score
I expect a bit of a struggle as both offense learning a new playbook, blocking scheme, and protection assignments along with new players etc and the defense with a new cast of characters, learning to play together, and communicate play their gaps and things. Come the 2nd half if the front office did their due diligence on players things should begin to look more fluid on both sides and we can see the shape of what we will have as a team going forward.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Bingo. Definitely has had that 2012 vibe all season. Infusion of new young talented players...A changing of the guard to make way for the new era once again. Let's get Russ and BWags another ring!

mistaowen

Reaction score
I'm excited for the roster churn that'll come next offseason as the new core has started to take shape already this season. Even re-signing Frank and Russ should still leave them with a good chunk of salary space. Not that I think they'll get a big splashy FA as they tend to get burned on those but I hope a couple known but under-performing/mis-schemed guys get brought in (pass rushers specifically) to help fill out the team plus a defense heavy draft.

Don't want to look past this season though, it's been awesome seeing this team grow since week 2. A strong defense, dominant running game, and a QB like Russ is built to win on the road in the playoffs. This team should make some noise...

sdog1981

Reaction score
Still feels like 2011. If Russ was on the 2011 team they would have won 10-11 games.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
I like the 2012 feeling but,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I want to go further, yeah, that's how good I feel about our team. Our running game is ridiculous and it looks like our D just took another level of improvement. FUN YEAR FO SURE.