Shaquem Griffin's jersey ranks No. 5

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Liz_Mathews/status/991392307768262656[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/OfficialNFLShop/status/990389839588614145[/tweet]

pmedic920

Reaction score
Won’t surprise me if it even goes higher.

Probably one of the best “feel good” stories going right now.

He has “fans”, and will be bringing an influx to the the “12s”.

IMHO, if he strays true to his past, his future is bright, as bright as it gets.

I need an “elite”in white, I see his in my future.

FinNasty

Reaction score
I’m scared to pull the trigger until I know for a fact what his number will be...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
That happened to me years ago when I bought a Julian Peterson jersey. Soon after he changed his #. It happened to a lot of people with Grant Wistrom as well. They do allow you to turn them in for the new # when the #'s change, at least at the team shop.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
You can pre-order them. Then they will ship once the number has been confirmed.

pmedic920

Reaction score
FinNasty":2eevzrd8 said:
I’m scared to pull the trigger until I know for a fact what his number will be...

Me2

But I think it’s pretty solid, #49

I buy elites, so I’ll be waiting for final roster. I generally don’t buy player jerseys but this will probably be my first.

Simply put, I want to support this kid.

When I see the kids with disabilities that he is inspiring, I can’t not support him.

drcool

Reaction score
The NFL has confirmed he will be #49. I would probably be 99% sure he won't change from #49.

From the vibe I get from a few different UCF sites there are a lot of UCF fans buying these. They are super excited to see this guy in the NFL and I think the Seahawks just picked up a bunch of fans in central Florida.

sutz

Reaction score
drcool":1m4qr5dx said:
The NFL has confirmed he will be #49. I would probably be 99% sure he won't change from #49.

From the vibe I get from a few different UCF sites there are a lot of UCF fans buying these. They are super excited to see this guy in the NFL and I think the Seahawks just picked up a bunch of fans in central Florida.
49 would be an odd number for a Linebacker...Normally 50's or 90's IIRC.

HawkGA

Reaction score
sutz":1vafznro said:
drcool":1vafznro said:

So sayeth The BOZ! He wasn't allowed to wear #44. Has that rule changed?

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
sutz":1vzaqz7t said:
drcool":1vzaqz7t said:

Also sometimes new players will be a certain number is the preseason and then they switch numbers once they make the 53 man roster.

sutz

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1wtrmoxa said:
sutz":1wtrmoxa said:
drcool":1wtrmoxa said:

Also sometimes new players will be a certain number is the preseason and then they switch numbers once they make the 53 man roster.
Well, there is that, too. :mrgreen:

Somebody may currently have the number that 'Keem will wear come September. Oh, and I don't think the NFL would know this anyway. Jersey numbers are assigned by the team. ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I wouldn't be shocked if Griffin's # jumped up to #1 or #2 once the Hawks introduce him, and it's all over the news and Hawk stores online.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
sutz":22zoch9m said:
drcool":22zoch9m said:

Paul Dawson has been wearing #47

EDIT:

Since 2010, defensive linemen are allowed to wear numbers 50-59; this is in part because of the interchangeability of linebackers and defensive ends (a defensive end in a 4-3 defense would be an outside linebacker in a 3-4). In 2015, the NFL Competition Committee approved linebackers using numbers from 40 to 49.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_ ... rm_numbers

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
It is crazy to think about.

I don't think you can oversell how cool him making a team is.

He was a hell of a player in college. Even if he never turns into anything beyond a special teams addition (*which I doubt will be the case), he still was a success.

I don't see any problem with being inspired by it. Or wearing the jersey.

Overcoming adversity is awesome. And when you hear him speak, especially his commitment to achieving goals and his unswerving belief in the power of commitment....I would buy whatever he is selling.

Even if he never amounts to much more than an average NFL player or even just the special teams, I plan on rocking his jersey. But man, he has this thing where he seems to exude greatness. So I am going to believe it is an option right now.

BTW watch something where he is evaluating film and explaining why he does things. He clearly is a huge student of the game and big on watching tape on anybody he can find. It isn't just raw athleticism, he seems to have a plan for what he does.

I will probably get the jerseys from both brothers. My last jersey was a Lockett jersey so I am due for another one.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
No doubt, he is the real deal. Carries himself w/total class. Just seems like a really good guy overall, and able to inspire a lot of people. And his focus on football is where you want a guy to be.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2w81q3t1 said:
He was a hell of a player in college. Even if he never turns into anything beyond a special teams addition (*which I doubt will be the case), he still was a success..

This is the exciting part. Griffin is already the biggest story in the NFL right now............and if he becomes a good to great player for the next decade?

I mean, I'm not using hyperbole to say it'll be one of the greatest stories in the history of the NFL, something that transcends the NFL and it's US fans. He'll be global.

FinNasty

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":3b7hdioo said:
It is crazy to think about.

I don't think you can oversell how cool him making a team is.

He was a hell of a player in college. Even if he never turns into anything beyond a special teams addition (*which I doubt will be the case), he still was a success.

I don't see any problem with being inspired by it. Or wearing the jersey.

Overcoming adversity is awesome. And when you hear him speak, especially his commitment to achieving goals and his unswerving belief in the power of commitment....I would buy whatever he is selling.

Even if he never amounts to much more than an average NFL player or even just the special teams, I plan on rocking his jersey. But man, he has this thing where he seems to exude greatness. So I am going to believe it is an option right now.

BTW watch something where he is evaluating film and explaining why he does things. He clearly is a huge student of the game and big on watching tape on anybody he can find. It isn't just raw athleticism, he seems to have a plan for what he does.

I will probably get the jerseys from both brothers. My last jersey was a Lockett jersey so I am due for another one.

He watches film alright. He set up an air mattress in the football facility over summer so he could watch film every night. During summer...

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/ ... _163145449

StaffAmerica74

Reaction score
No one questioning if he will have an S infront of Griffin? We have 2 shaq griffins now.