Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Voting - Poster of the Month - May 2018

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

Who should be poster of the month for May 2018?

JammerHawk
4
9%
SoulfishHawk
2
5%
AgentDib
4
9%
HawkNation 2018
6
14%
Sports Hernia
4
9%
UK_Seahawk
4
9%
Chris98251
3
7%
WindCityHawk
2
5%
Fade
6
14%
Vin.Couve12
9
20%
 
Total votes : 44

Voting - Poster of the Month - May 2018
Tue May 01, 2018 10:42 pm
  • Here's the voting for the prestigious "Poster of the Month - May 2018" award.

    You can vote for up to 2 people, the choice is yours.

    I can only select ten people to enter the final vote, let the best person win....go!

    Voting closes at midnight (Seattle time) on Thursday.
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • Where’s the Varsity roster?
    User avatar
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *
     
    Posts: 13548
    Joined: Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:34 am


  • It would only let me add 10 to the poll unfortunately!
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • With 10 nominee limit, I suggest to limit the nominees to 1 (2 max) per poster or 3 people will dominate who everyone else gets to vote for.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5315
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • Shouldn't it be Poster of the Month for the month of April seeing as how May just began and we a judging them off of a full month's worth of posts?
    User avatar
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1575
    Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:22 am


  • Mistashoesta wrote:Shouldn't it be Poster of the Month for the month of April seeing as how May just began and we a judging them off of a full month's worth of posts?


    Yes, it should be.
    User avatar
    Seymour
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 5315
    Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 4:41 pm


  • No original poster, fenderbender, or Aros? :(

    UK_Seahawk & Sports Hernia got my votes.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2248
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • Mistashoesta wrote:Shouldn't it be Poster of the Month for the month of April seeing as how May just began and we a judging them off of a full month's worth of posts?


    Isn't it the M.O. of this forum to judge things before they've happened? :lol:
    User avatar
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *
     
    Posts: 4848
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, WA


  • Anguish wrote:
    Mistashoesta wrote:Shouldn't it be Poster of the Month for the month of April seeing as how May just began and we a judging them off of a full month's worth of posts?


    Isn't it the M.O. of this forum to judge things before they've happened? :lol:


    :D
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2248
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • Anguish wrote:
    Mistashoesta wrote:Shouldn't it be Poster of the Month for the month of April seeing as how May just began and we a judging them off of a full month's worth of posts?


    Isn't it the M.O. of this forum to judge things before they've happened? :lol:


    That should cover the query...!
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • hawknation2018 wrote:No original poster, fenderbender, or Aros? :(

    UK_Seahawk & Sports Hernia got my votes.


    Was really tough to break it down to 10 unfortunately.

    I need to come up with a way of solving it, leave it with me :2thumbs:
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • I nominate Anguish for poster of the month (May).

    High potency to frequency (lately) poster.
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1855
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


  • Image

    I like this poster

    Image

    or this one.....
    Michael Dickson, P, Texas: 2018 Adopt a Probowl Rookie
    User avatar
    Atradees
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3410
    Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 7:22 pm
    Location: South of Heaven


  • Was just gonna add something to think about. When I was a retail manager many stores advocated an employee of the month. Thing was, everyone knew who the best employee was,,,,,,, it was the same person every month. Sometimes it varied but every store I worked at had their top employee. Usually there was someone who just out produced everyday and there really wasn't anyone on the roster who could compete. If we selected someone else, everyone knew who really was the best employee.

    I have mixed thoughts on this. I like competition so if you are the best poster of the month than you get the award, even if you get it for 24 months in a row. However, this kind of goes against the intent of the award, to get people to improve and be motivated to work towards the goal. There are just some posters here who are just that good to win a majority of the time. Maybe you only can win 1, 2, 3 times a year. I don't know. It is complicated, if it is even 3 times a year maybe the same 4 win every year.

    Just something to think about. I actually like this (didn't as a manager) so whatever way you mods float towards I hope this is something that keeps going. Probably going to be many times that you think, "maybe this wasn't a good idea". Hope original poster commits to this for at least 2 years and does tweaking here an there and doesn't get discouraged.

    It has already made me think about how I could contribute better to the site.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4878
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


  • First off, great post by seahawkfreak and his closing words are the clincher: "It has already made me think about how I could contribute better to the site." Wow. That's great stuff right there.

    There are a dozen or two posters whose stuff I nearly always enjoy reading, and even when they say dumb knee-jerk reaction stuff (IMO) here and there, it doesn't take away from the many gems they contribute.

    What I've really been enjoying lately is that the civility and football-knowledge-quality of posts has taken a slight, but clear and noticeable, uptick over the last couple months. Fewer useless pissing matches, more openness to others' points, higher quality information.

    The "Pick #120, Will Dissley" thread exemplifies this. I started out knowing nothing about the guy and through the knowledge shared, came out with a clear idea of why PC/JS made this pick and why it's an awesome one for the Seahawks, and excited to see his contributions. Posters shared outraged or enthused initial reactions, and as more information came out during the thread, the information shared cut through many of the "lip service platitudes" and player-protecting coach-speak around the Seahawks TE position, and openly revealed some of the "dirty laundry" secrets and issues. Pete's *actions* in selecting Dissley revealed so much; even his coachspeak and JS's comments after the selection completed the picture in a congruent way. People shared assorted Dissley videos, which seemed to largely win over the initially outraged posters, when they saw film of the kinds of plays this guy makes in the passing game. This is the kind of thread that makes .NET a great place to be a fan and a student of the game. And yet, I could easily name half a dozen more; "#27 Rashaad Penny", "Solid B", and others.

    I like the idea of recognizing high-quality posters with awards, and I think the nomination process is fine; maybe just request the nomination to include a mention of a specific post or range of posts that exemplifies the nominee's work and the reason for the nomination.

    I have mixed feelings on the idea of voting for posters; there's the engagement of .NET denizens, yes; on the other hand, there's the clique-y beauty/popularity contest "feel" that could easily creep in. Then there is the administrative work for the Mods, of one-more-thing-to-do. So maybe let the voting run a couple more month cycles and see how things feel. Maybe limit winners to one recognition per quarter, if there are overly frequent repeat winners. Overly frequent? The goal, IMO, is to recognize a range of positive contributors, in order to support the overall quality of posts and interaction on the board.

    I suggest, in addition to "Poster of the Month" Mods consider an "Unsung Hero" or "Spirit of .NET" award each month, to be selected by mods. to recognize posters who are just doing what they do, simply being who they are, catch them in some gem of a post or a thread that *exemplifies* the best of what we want .NET to be. For example, for April (really Feb/Mar/April), I would nominate kf3339 for the idea and execution and the resulting moderation approach of the "You're the GM!!!!" thread. Besides keeping things moving in that dead period between the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft, the tone established in that thread established a new and more constructive "feel" in threads of that type.
    Last edited by olyfan63 on Wed May 02, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.
    2018 Adopt-A-Rookie: Rashaad Penny
    2018 BounceBack Bet: C.J. Prosise
    User avatar
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2079
    Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:03 am


  • seahawkfreak wrote:Was just gonna add something to think about. When I was a retail manager many stores advocated an employee of the month. Thing was, everyone knew who the best employee was,,,,,,, it was the same person every month. Sometimes it varied but every store I worked at had their top employee. Usually there was someone who just out produced everyday and there really wasn't anyone on the roster who could compete. If we selected someone else, everyone knew who really was the best employee.

    I have mixed thoughts on this. I like competition so if you are the best poster of the month than you get the award, even if you get it for 24 months in a row. However, this kind of goes against the intent of the award, to get people to improve and be motivated to work towards the goal. There are just some posters here who are just that good to win a majority of the time. Maybe you only can win 1, 2, 3 times a year. I don't know. It is complicated, if it is even 3 times a year maybe the same 4 win every year.

    Just something to think about. I actually like this (didn't as a manager) so whatever way you mods float towards I hope this is something that keeps going. Probably going to be many times that you think, "maybe this wasn't a good idea". Hope original poster commits to this for at least 2 years and does tweaking here an there and doesn't get discouraged.

    It has already made me think about how I could contribute better to the site.


    Glad to hear it!

    It's very much a fluid thing and I do plan on doing it long term.

    I'm struggling to get past the poll being limited to 10 people but I'm not sure what else we can do about that.

    I'm always up for suggestions about how we can improve it and make it better, don't see this as a 'mods discuss the rules, set the rules and that's that', it's a community decision so everyone gets their say.

    Valid point about the April/May thing, too. I won't edit the titles but when the person wins it'll say April 2018, makes sense.

    Anymore opinions are very much welcomed. We can, I'm sure, improve on it and make it better as we go. Just kinda winging it right now!
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • Vin.Couve12 is a very worthy winner! He takes an analytical approach to every discussion. Even when we disagree, his perspective is always worth the read.
    User avatar
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2248
    Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:04 pm


  • olyfan63 wrote:First off, great post by seahawkfreak and his closing words are the clincher: "It has already made me think about how I could contribute better to the site." Wow. That's great stuff right there.

    There are a dozen or two posters whose stuff I nearly always enjoy reading, and even when they say dumb knee-jerk reaction stuff (IMO) here and there, it doesn't take away from the many gems they contribute.

    What I've really been enjoying lately is that the civility and football-knowledge-quality of posts has taken a slight, but clear and noticeable, uptick over the last couple months. Fewer useless pissing matches, more openness to others' points, higher quality information.

    The "Pick #120, Will Dissley" thread exemplifies this. I started out knowing nothing about the guy and through the knowledge shared, came out with a clear idea of why PC/JS made this pick and why it's an awesome one for the Seahawks, and excited to see his contributions. Posters shared outraged or enthused initial reactions, and as more information came out during the thread, the information shared cut through many of the "lip service platitudes" and player-protecting coach-speak around the Seahawks TE position, and openly revealed some of the "dirty laundry" secrets and issues. Pete's *actions* in selecting Dissley revealed so much; even his coachspeak and JS's comments after the selection completed the picture in a congruent way. People shared assorted Dissley videos, which seemed to largely win over the initially outraged posters, when they saw film of the kinds of plays this guy makes in the passing game. This is the kind of thread that makes .NET a great place to be a fan and a student of the game. And yet, I could easily name half a dozen more; "#27 Rashaad Penny", "Solid B", and others.

    I like the idea of recognizing high-quality posters with awards, and I think the nomination process is fine; maybe just request the nomination to include a mention of a specific post or range of posts that exemplifies the nominee's work and the reason for the nomination.

    I have mixed feelings on the idea of voting for posters; there's the engagement of .NET denizens, yes; on the other hand, there's the clique-y beauty/popularity contest "feel" that could easily creep in. Then there is the administrative work for the Mods, of one-more-thing-to-do. So maybe let the voting run a couple more month cycles and see how things feel. Maybe limit winners to one recognition per quarter, if there are overly frequent repeat winners. Overly frequent? The goal, IMO, is to recognize a range of positive contributors, in order to support the overall quality of posts and interaction on the board.

    I suggest, in addition to "Poster of the Month" Mods consider an "Unsung Hero" or "Spirit of .NET" award each month, to be selected by mods. to recognize posters who are just doing what they do, simply being who they are, catch them in some gem of a post or a thread that *exemplifies* the best of what we want .NET to be. For example, for April (really Feb/Mar/April), I would nominate kf3339 for the idea and execution and the resulting moderation approach of the "You're the GM!!!!" thread. Besides keeping things moving in that dead period between the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft, the tone established in that thread established a new and more constructive "feel" in threads of that type.


    Fantastic post!

    I will be taking everything on board for next months competition and we can chop and change it to see what works, great suggestions by all though and I love the idea of a second award, too. Good work! :2thumbs:
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • My only wish is that each winner is thusly granted immunity of being able to discuss PWR topics and allowed to cause a degree of mayhem. :stirthepot:















    Or at least we win the ability to have our own fancy title of our choosing.

    Xoxo,

    Pandion Haliaetus, The .net stud muffins.
    WE ALL WE GOT, WE ALL WE NEED!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pandion Haliaetus
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 3238
    Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:07 pm


  • original poster wrote:I'm struggling to get past the poll being limited to 10 people but I'm not sure what else we can do about that.


    Why struggle with such trivial things? I know a guy that can probably change this...
    User avatar
    Anguish
    * NET Co-Owner *
     
    Posts: 4848
    Joined: Wed Dec 31, 1969 4:00 pm
    Location: Battle Ground, WA


  • Anguish wrote:
    original poster wrote:I'm struggling to get past the poll being limited to 10 people but I'm not sure what else we can do about that.


    Why struggle with such trivial things? I know a guy that can probably change this...


    Fenderbender123?
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • olyfan63 wrote:First off, great post by seahawkfreak and his closing words are the clincher: "It has already made me think about how I could contribute better to the site." Wow. That's great stuff right there.

    There are a dozen or two posters whose stuff I nearly always enjoy reading, and even when they say dumb knee-jerk reaction stuff (IMO) here and there, it doesn't take away from the many gems they contribute.

    What I've really been enjoying lately is that the civility and football-knowledge-quality of posts has taken a slight, but clear and noticeable, uptick over the last couple months. Fewer useless pissing matches, more openness to others' points, higher quality information.

    The "Pick #120, Will Dissley" thread exemplifies this. I started out knowing nothing about the guy and through the knowledge shared, came out with a clear idea of why PC/JS made this pick and why it's an awesome one for the Seahawks, and excited to see his contributions. Posters shared outraged or enthused initial reactions, and as more information came out during the thread, the information shared cut through many of the "lip service platitudes" and player-protecting coach-speak around the Seahawks TE position, and openly revealed some of the "dirty laundry" secrets and issues. Pete's *actions* in selecting Dissley revealed so much; even his coachspeak and JS's comments after the selection completed the picture in a congruent way. People shared assorted Dissley videos, which seemed to largely win over the initially outraged posters, when they saw film of the kinds of plays this guy makes in the passing game. This is the kind of thread that makes .NET a great place to be a fan and a student of the game. And yet, I could easily name half a dozen more; "#27 Rashaad Penny", "Solid B", and others.

    I like the idea of recognizing high-quality posters with awards, and I think the nomination process is fine; maybe just request the nomination to include a mention of a specific post or range of posts that exemplifies the nominee's work and the reason for the nomination.

    I have mixed feelings on the idea of voting for posters; there's the engagement of .NET denizens, yes; on the other hand, there's the clique-y beauty/popularity contest "feel" that could easily creep in. Then there is the administrative work for the Mods, of one-more-thing-to-do. So maybe let the voting run a couple more month cycles and see how things feel. Maybe limit winners to one recognition per quarter, if there are overly frequent repeat winners. Overly frequent? The goal, IMO, is to recognize a range of positive contributors, in order to support the overall quality of posts and interaction on the board.

    I suggest, in addition to "Poster of the Month" Mods consider an "Unsung Hero" or "Spirit of .NET" award each month, to be selected by mods. to recognize posters who are just doing what they do, simply being who they are, catch them in some gem of a post or a thread that *exemplifies* the best of what we want .NET to be. For example, for April (really Feb/Mar/April), I would nominate kf3339 for the idea and execution and the resulting moderation approach of the "You're the GM!!!!" thread. Besides keeping things moving in that dead period between the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft, the tone established in that thread established a new and more constructive "feel" in threads of that type.


    Thank you for the nice words about me! Much appreciated. :irishdrinkers:
    kf3339
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2663
    Joined: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:52 pm


  • olyfan63 wrote:First off, great post by seahawkfreak and his closing words are the clincher: "It has already made me think about how I could contribute better to the site." Wow. That's great stuff right there.

    There are a dozen or two posters whose stuff I nearly always enjoy reading, and even when they say dumb knee-jerk reaction stuff (IMO) here and there, it doesn't take away from the many gems they contribute.

    What I've really been enjoying lately is that the civility and football-knowledge-quality of posts has taken a slight, but clear and noticeable, uptick over the last couple months. Fewer useless pissing matches, more openness to others' points, higher quality information.

    The "Pick #120, Will Dissley" thread exemplifies this. I started out knowing nothing about the guy and through the knowledge shared, came out with a clear idea of why PC/JS made this pick and why it's an awesome one for the Seahawks, and excited to see his contributions. Posters shared outraged or enthused initial reactions, and as more information came out during the thread, the information shared cut through many of the "lip service platitudes" and player-protecting coach-speak around the Seahawks TE position, and openly revealed some of the "dirty laundry" secrets and issues. Pete's *actions* in selecting Dissley revealed so much; even his coachspeak and JS's comments after the selection completed the picture in a congruent way. People shared assorted Dissley videos, which seemed to largely win over the initially outraged posters, when they saw film of the kinds of plays this guy makes in the passing game. This is the kind of thread that makes .NET a great place to be a fan and a student of the game. And yet, I could easily name half a dozen more; "#27 Rashaad Penny", "Solid B", and others.

    I like the idea of recognizing high-quality posters with awards, and I think the nomination process is fine; maybe just request the nomination to include a mention of a specific post or range of posts that exemplifies the nominee's work and the reason for the nomination.

    I have mixed feelings on the idea of voting for posters; there's the engagement of .NET denizens, yes; on the other hand, there's the clique-y beauty/popularity contest "feel" that could easily creep in. Then there is the administrative work for the Mods, of one-more-thing-to-do. So maybe let the voting run a couple more month cycles and see how things feel. Maybe limit winners to one recognition per quarter, if there are overly frequent repeat winners. Overly frequent? The goal, IMO, is to recognize a range of positive contributors, in order to support the overall quality of posts and interaction on the board.

    I suggest, in addition to "Poster of the Month" Mods consider an "Unsung Hero" or "Spirit of .NET" award each month, to be selected by mods. to recognize posters who are just doing what they do, simply being who they are, catch them in some gem of a post or a thread that *exemplifies* the best of what we want .NET to be. For example, for April (really Feb/Mar/April), I would nominate kf3339 for the idea and execution and the resulting moderation approach of the "You're the GM!!!!" thread. Besides keeping things moving in that dead period between the Super Bowl and the NFL Draft, the tone established in that thread established a new and more constructive "feel" in threads of that type.


    Appreciate the kind comment bro. Thank you. Great post too by the way.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4878
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


  • The winner for the April Poster of the Month is Vin.Couve12!

    Congratulations and very well deserved.

    His posts are always full of knowledge and is the very definition of this idea, to celebrate posters that make the forum better.


    Well done!
    www.hawk-talk.com

    Image

    Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    User avatar
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *
     
    Posts: 3161
    Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:55 am


  • Congrats, VinCouve12!!! :biggthumpup:
    ____________
    BLUE and GREEN...
    User avatar
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1855
    Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 am


  • Congrats Vin.Couve12. Great analysis of players during the draft period.
    "It's Ground Hawks Day" Chris Berman
    User avatar
    seahawkfreak
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4878
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:36 pm
    Location: Aiken , SC


  • Can't argue that selection. Congratulations
    User avatar
    Sterlinghawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 274
    Joined: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:03 pm
    Location: Sterling, AK.


  • seahawkfreak wrote:Congrats Vin.Couve12. Great analysis of players during the draft period.


    He obviously spends many hours studying the players in the Draft as well as analyzing Seahawk needs. A very dedicated person indeed.....I almost said fellow, but perhaps it is a girl!!
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 7237
    Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:13 pm
    Location: Puyallup, WA USA




It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:39 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]




Information