Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Extension for Earl?

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
Re: Extension for Earl?
Fri May 04, 2018 1:00 pm
  • WindCityHawk wrote:Earl hasn't played a full season in two years, and through those 25 games his INT percentage has dropped from 21% to 16%. According to the draft, he's worth no more than a third round pick, which is likely what we would get in compensation if he walked. And if he holds out the last season of his contract, he will cut his value on the free market in half.

He's making $10M a year now. I wouldn't offer him anything more than like 3yr/21M.

All true. A remarkable comeback from the injury but he's on the downward slide like so many of the Hawks' aging D have been the last couple seasons.

Add to it the apparent interpersonal strain he was part his downside might outweigh the upside. If we can keep him fine. If not fine.

His being here or not certainly won't make or break whatever version of this team we have this season as Pete and crew scramble to put Humpty-Dumpty back together again...
    semiahmoo
    NET Veteran

Sat May 05, 2018 6:45 am
  • The market for safeties has fallen off a cliff in the league. That Eric Berry signing looks downright silly for the chiefs, his cap hit is almost double any other safety in the league right now. Meenwhile, you could pick up Eric Reid for nothing right now.
    edogg23
    NET Veteran

Sat May 05, 2018 7:09 am
  • toffee wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:
    rcaido wrote:

Did you watch the video?

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status ... =cbssports

Yes I did. He shouldn't have said anything about Wagner to the media, end of story, period. Good safety, but at this point I won't be sad to see him go for the right price. The guy has conducted himself in a way not befitting of the team nor himself this season.

I guess that if you are thin skinned, then that would bother you. I say get over it already. The fans and the media just keep dredging this crap up. I mean, c'mon. There are still pages long arguments over crap that happened 4 years ago or more. Whether or not Earl stays, it is past time to put this crap in the rear view, and realize this team is doing exactly what you have all wanted for years. They fired the coaching staff and are rebuilding the roster. Get over it and move on, because all of us in here repeating ourselves for years is doing nothing. That's what this is, years of just repeating ourselves.

Thin skinned? Then 31 ownerships, GM and head coaches are thin skinned as no one is stepping forward to claim our HOF pro bowl FS. Could they be Afraid earl will offend their fan base? May be. Afraid earl will insult the HC, GM, ownership that invested in him? May be. In the end, no one claimed our Earl, even with John’s effort in marketing him. Not even lowly Browns that needs safety. We have to conclude they are all thin skinned. To thin skinned to make a reasonable offer in condition that earl signs long term contract. Darn those 31 thin skin GMs.

In perspective, if a soldier walked across the trench and pimp his service to the opposing general ..... if a corporate officer say a VP publicly walked to a competitor and pimp his service ...... that VP will walk with his personal shit in a box, our solider boy? RIP cause it would be treason. Only on dot net it’s thin skinned :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry Toffee, your response is pure bullshit. If Earl was released today, he’d have multiple teams trying to sign him. The reason he hasn’t been traded is due to Seahawks asking price. That’s it. What Earl said has nothing to do with why he’s not traded yet. If you’re comparing this to Sherman’s release, Sherman is coming off injury which may keep him out for awhile. Earl is not and has shown he has recovered from his injury.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sat May 05, 2018 8:56 am
  • edogg23 wrote:The market for safeties has fallen off a cliff in the league. That Eric Berry signing looks downright silly for the chiefs, his cap hit is almost double any other safety in the league right now. Meenwhile, you could pick up Eric Reid for nothing right now.

Eric Reid isn’t that good, that’s why he hasnt been signed yet. He can’t hold ET’s jock talentwise.
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sat May 05, 2018 9:33 am
  • hawkfan68 wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:
    Spin Doctor wrote:Yes I did. He shouldn't have said anything about Wagner to the media, end of story, period. Good safety, but at this point I won't be sad to see him go for the right price. The guy has conducted himself in a way not befitting of the team nor himself this season.

I guess that if you are thin skinned, then that would bother you. I say get over it already. The fans and the media just keep dredging this crap up. I mean, c'mon. There are still pages long arguments over crap that happened 4 years ago or more. Whether or not Earl stays, it is past time to put this crap in the rear view, and realize this team is doing exactly what you have all wanted for years. They fired the coaching staff and are rebuilding the roster. Get over it and move on, because all of us in here repeating ourselves for years is doing nothing. That's what this is, years of just repeating ourselves.

Thin skinned? Then 31 ownerships, GM and head coaches are thin skinned as no one is stepping forward to claim our HOF pro bowl FS. Could they be Afraid earl will offend their fan base? May be. Afraid earl will insult the HC, GM, ownership that invested in him? May be. In the end, no one claimed our Earl, even with John’s effort in marketing him. Not even lowly Browns that needs safety. We have to conclude they are all thin skinned. To thin skinned to make a reasonable offer in condition that earl signs long term contract. Darn those 31 thin skin GMs.

In perspective, if a soldier walked across the trench and pimp his service to the opposing general ..... if a corporate officer say a VP publicly walked to a competitor and pimp his service ...... that VP will walk with his personal shit in a box, our solider boy? RIP cause it would be treason. Only on dot net it’s thin skinned :)

Sorry Toffee, your response is pure bullshit. If Earl was released today, he’d have multiple teams trying to sign him. The reason he hasn’t been traded is due to Seahawks asking price. That’s it. What Earl said has nothing to do with why he’s not traded yet. If you’re comparing this to Sherman’s release, Sherman is coming off injury which may keep him out for awhile. Earl is not and has shown he has recovered from his injury.

Our pro bowl, all pro, future Hall of framer has been on the market for months. NO taker, other than couple of low ballers. As you said He is healthy, in his prime (according to earl, just had a decent season. Yet NO team willing to trade him with a second round pick. No suitors.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

Sat May 05, 2018 9:39 am
  • toffee wrote:
    hawkfan68 wrote:
    toffee wrote:
    Jimjones0384 wrote:

Our pro bowl, all pro, future Hall of framer has been on the market for months. NO taker, other than couple of low ballers. As you said He is healthy, in his prime (according to earl, just had a decent season. Yet NO team willing to trade him with a second round pick. No suitors.

If he's healthy and productive, there is no reason to even trade him, imo. I'm glad he's still a Seahawk. Trading players for the sake of trading them is what orgs like the Browns and Jets do.
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

Sat May 05, 2018 9:56 am
  • The reason nobody is trading is because of our asking price for a one year rental to most clubs, other then Dallas lowballing because he wants to go there.

It's not that there isn't a want or a need.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sat May 05, 2018 10:29 am
  • Talent wise, Earl, is a top 5 Seahawks player of all-time! A first ballot HOF and Seahawks Ring of Honor. I can see why it's really half and half in terms if you let him go or resign him.

I would say, you resign him if you are close to winning another championship, if not, let him go.

But if management wants him to retire as a player that has only played with Seattle his entire career, you resign him, regardless if you are close to winning another ring or not.

IMO, it's not that Earl wants to go, I believe he thought Seattle wouldn't resign him. And I can understand why he thought that.

He went about seeking another option with Jason Garrett in the wrong manner but if you're Thomas you understand Seattle wants to turn a corner and go younger less expensive sooner than later so why not let your possible open services be known??
    "Awww, you so weak!" Richard Sherman to Joe Webb

"Uh, huh, you suck!" Richard Sherman to Pierre Garçon

"Don't f***** try me--I'm the best!" Richard Sherman

Seattle Seahawks Super Bowl XLVIII Champions
    TheLegendOfBoom
    NET Veteran

Tue May 08, 2018 11:10 am
  • I wonder if the earl-haters realize that without him or someone like him, we're a rebuilding team, no chance of making the playoffs. Quit trippin on what guys say at press conferences. Even if the team isn't as good as they were, we make the playoffs we could go all the way. You want to give that up and go into rebuild mode because of something he said someplace?

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/10/11194382/sonics-arena-public-hearing-tip-off
    http://www.sonicsrising.com/2016/3/7/11 ... l-vacation
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER: @George_OGorman
    Lords of Scythia
    NET Veteran

Tue May 08, 2018 1:44 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    edogg23 wrote:The market for safeties has fallen off a cliff in the league. That Eric Berry signing looks downright silly for the chiefs, his cap hit is almost double any other safety in the league right now. Meenwhile, you could pick up Eric Reid for nothing right now.

Eric Reid isn’t that good, that’s why he hasnt been signed yet. He can’t hold ET’s jock talentwise.

I won't argue that he can't hold ETs jock, on that I agree but as for isn't good, I disagree, he's a legit top 10 ss. He is good enough to be playing somewhere for sure if not for his baggage.
    flmmkrz
    NET Veteran

Previous

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:45 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information