NFL.com Post-Draft Power Rankings

hawknation2018

Reaction score
RANK 18
SEAHAWKS
Overshadowing what many deemed a subpar draft for Seattle was the selection of Shaquem Griffin early in the fifth round (No. 141). The speedy Griffin learned how to be an impact player despite having one hand. You could tell draft analysts didn't want to question whether that would hamper Griffin too much in the pro game. My brief and limited impression of the new Seahawk is that he doesn't need anyone feeling sorry for him or tiptoeing around his circumstances. He was, after all, named American Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Year. Another pick I liked: Day 3 find Michael Dickson (Round 5, No. 149), a punter out of Texas. With kickoffs nearly legislated out of the game, winning in the punting game becomes more important. Dickson was a smart choice.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... bills-drop

The rest of the league is in for a rude awakening.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The only thing I want to wake up to in September/October is hearing that the Seahawks have won three of their first six games.

adeltaY

Reaction score
There are just so many question marks. Not just at positions throughout the roster, but with the coaching changes how will the offensive system look?

lobohawk

Reaction score
Understandable. Few pundits know much detail about the teams. They're all focused on the known lost productivity. For example, totally ignoring the misfit of Graham and the negative impact on other parts of the game (see run game) and only looking at the lost TDs.

And there are a lot of unknowns.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
A power ranking judging a draft that just took place days ago is as worthless as an ejection seat on a helicopter.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":iikl4vlv said:
:lol:

I'm pretty happy though.. Man, it always makes me feel good when all the talking heads tell me that the Seahawks had a bad draft, because it means we had a good one!

It's when they talk about how good our draft is that I get nervous. Because they're all idiots... morons, there is not one of the bastards that ever gets a thing right.

They went on and on about our 2013 draft, our 14 draft, our 15 draft, yea... not so great... all of those drafts were piss poor. Last two years they were *meh* on our draft. They thought that we should have taken that guy who ended up in zona' ... instead of trading down (where we got Reed), and last year they thought that Griff was a reach... and that there were better DB's out there, but they liked our first round pick and thought he was such a good fit here.... *cough*

It's always the opposite of what they say, every damned time.

The '15 draft at least had Frank Clark & Tyler Lockett. But point taken.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
USA Today's Post-Draft Power Rankings:

28. Cleveland Browns (0-16) †4
Their navigation of draft board open to serious debate. That said, roster continues to rapidly improve for team that may approach 8-8.

27. Seattle Seahawks (9-7) ↓16
Didn't feel like they did enough to address pressing needs ... unless RB Rashaad Penny makes O-line shine, keeps defense off field.

https://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/rankings/

I feel dirty even posting the link for this one, but will include it, per forum policy.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
I agree with Rob Staton. Talking heads grades aside, I love the message this sends. "We are getting back to Seattle football, and we don't give an expletive if you like it!"

Rat

Reaction score
Seems fair. So much up in the air, I'd have us somewhere in the middle for now.

I don't think they're judging the draft, the article is looking more at what drafts could have immediate payoffs. I don't think it's too early to predict that. The Saints sure got a boost last season from their rookies.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":1qfmu2kz said:
I agree with Rob Staton. Talking heads grades aside, I love the message this sends. "We are getting back to Seattle football, and we don't give an expletive if you like it!"

I hope Pete can make it work again, I just think it's going to be really difficult. It's a passing league and unless you have a 2012-2014 Seahawks D or 2015 Broncos D or current Jags D, it's gonna be tough grinding it out all the way to a championship.

What I hope they can do is field a fringe top 10 defense, get the running game working at least in the situations where running is most important (goal line and short yardage), get the OL to pass protect at least at an average level, and design a creative passing offense that plays to Russell Wilson's strengths. If they can do that, we will be SB contenders this year.

Beren

Reaction score
Don't much put stock in these analysts. Most don't have more than a skin-deep understanding of a given team, let alone 32.

Have to say though, pretty jarring seeing us ranked beneath the likes of the Lions. Woof!