Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Bills hiring Seahawk Director of Pro Personnel Dan Morgan

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• The post draft shuffle has begun.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Not knowing much about how a front office works, I ask to be educated. How much of a loss is this? Should I be worried?
    Send Lawyers, Guns and Money!
    GO 'HAWKS!!
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

• No worries for me ....... they annually see front office personnel move by way of promotion. Below is a linked overview of responsibilities of various positions from a 2013 write up.

Reporting directly to the general manager, the director of player personnel deals primarily with the players already in the NFL.

Job responsibilities include the bulk of the contract negotiations with free agents, negotiating contract extensions with current players and scouting the other 31 NFL teams' rosters—scouting other teams is typically delegated amongst a number of league scouts under the team’s employ, who answer directly to the DOPP.

Some DOPP thrive on their mastery of writing contracts, others on their ability to scout current NFL players and compile the best available roster.

There is no one way to operate, but many general managers make a name for themselves first as directors of player personnel. To name a few current general managers that first served as directors of player personnel: San Diego’s Tom Telesco, Cleveland’s Michael Lombardi and Tampa Bay’s Mark Dominik.

What Exactly Does Each Member of an NFL Team's Front Office Do? >>> http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1666258-what-exactly-does-each-member-of-a-teams-front-office-do#slide3

Dan Morgan and Family ........
    .......... I suspect those cold Buffalo winters will be a learning experience for the kids ........ I wish all of them well with their next chapter in life as a family.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Sorry Earl we can’t negotiate for six months need to hire a new director of pro personnel and then we need him to get his feet under him. Sure you understand an can wait!

Smart move by the FO
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• mikeak wrote:Sorry Earl we can’t negotiate for six months need to hire a new director of pro personnel and then we need him to get his feet under him. Sure you understand an can wait!

Smart move by the FO
    epic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Best of luck to you. I would think there will be a lengthy line.

Nice recognition from Bills GM Brandon Beane .......

Dan was a scouting intern with the Seattle Seahawks in 2010 and worked his way up to a Director of Pro Scouting. That’s not an easy transition to go from the field to a grunt in our business. It’s humbling and he did it and he’s risen to Director of Pro (Scouting).

"The great thing about Seattle is they allowed him to get out on the road some. So even though he was doing pro, he was on the road doing college stuff. His main background is on the pro side, but he’s touched college as well and that makes him a good fit for the role.” --- Brandon Beane, Buffalo Bills General Manager.
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:38 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information