The Seahawks have released Cliff Avril.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Curtis_Crabtree/status/992480343180509184[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/seahawksPR/status/992479921321619457[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/DavisHsuSeattle/status/992480343537008640[/tweet]

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Damn. Knew it was going to happen, but still. The dude was true pro.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Great talent, loved the guy, but that injury is going to be a tough one to overcome. Kam's in a similar situation only his contract doesn't save us any cap space to cut him. Whether he moves on to another team (which I think he wants to still play) or he retires (which I would do if I were in his shoes), I wish him only the best. Great player and a great person.

HawkGA

Reaction score
That's a bummer. Honestly, I really kind of hoped he never played again. Don't mess up your life and risk it after an injury. I feel the same with Kam. I want them to be able to live their lives good and healthy. Come back in 10, 15, 20 years for ceremonies honoring the Super Bowl Champions.

xStickybudz

Reaction score
He will be missed, a true professional in every sense of the word

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I'm gonna' miss this guy. Total class, leader, amazing football player. Everything you would want in a football player.

drcool

Reaction score
I hate this side of the business. I love Cliff and hate to see it end like this. He does have a lot of stuff going for him outside of football with his trips to Haiti and the community stuff he does here in Jacksonville. I am hoping he calls it quits and doesn't try to hook up with another team and risk further injury.

SeaMeat

Reaction score
This makes me sad as hell.

I get that it needed to happen for his health.

Just one big hell of a bummer.

Rat

Reaction score
Underrated player from our Super Bowl team. Heck, he could have very well been named MVP of that game.

I wish he could stick around, but these things happen in an intensely physical game. Best of luck to Cliff.

ApnaHawk

Reaction score
I know everyone talks about the play at the end of our superbowl and I apologize for going down that road again. However, I think the loss of Cliff that game killed us. If he plays that game, no way brady makes that comeback.

With that being said..

Thank you for all you did for the team. You gave us your greatest years and we will forever cherish your speed rush and relentless effort you gave on every play. May you have a speedy and healthy recovery so you can be the family man your family needs and the public figure our community needs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And I'll add that he NEVER had to scream or tell you how great he was. He was the man that many players PRETENDED to be. The league can use a lot more Cliff Avril's. Lead by example, which made him a leader.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Amazing that they were in that game til the end. Cliff leaves with the concussion, Lane gets toasted and leaves the game, Earl/Sherm/Kam all playing thru injuries. Once Cliff went down, they just had to double Bennett and that was that for the pass rush.

sutz

Reaction score
Knew it was coming. Doesn't make it feel any better.

Thanks for the memories and I hope you have a great life after football, Cliff!

:irishdrinkers:

rjdriver

Reaction score
Like most key players of our Super Bowl winning team, Cliff will always hold a soft spot in my heart. Completely underrated and will certainly be missed. What he does off the field in Haiti is even more impressive.

I'm glad (unlike our opponents) the Seahawks had the integrity to follow the rules in SB49 and put player safety first, but yes I agree, that it was a tale of two different games when Cliff left.

Thanks for SB48 Cliff and good luck!

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":7flik1u8 said:
And I'll add that he NEVER had to scream or tell you how great he was. He was the man that many players PRETENDED to be. The league can use a lot more Cliff Avril's. Lead by example, which made him a leader.

100% my feelings too!! Great people don't have to tell you how great they are. They let others do that for them!

Thank you Cliff!! Great man, and great player too. All the best :irishdrinkers: