Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

The Seahawks have released Cliff Avril.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
The Seahawks have released Cliff Avril.
Fri May 04, 2018 11:08 am

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Damn. Knew it was going to happen, but still. The dude was true pro.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Great talent, loved the guy, but that injury is going to be a tough one to overcome. Kam's in a similar situation only his contract doesn't save us any cap space to cut him. Whether he moves on to another team (which I think he wants to still play) or he retires (which I would do if I were in his shoes), I wish him only the best. Great player and a great person.

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”

:les: Check your PM's....We miss you :les:
    kidhawk
    * NET Moderator *

• That's a bummer. Honestly, I really kind of hoped he never played again. Don't mess up your life and risk it after an injury. I feel the same with Kam. I want them to be able to live their lives good and healthy. Come back in 10, 15, 20 years for ceremonies honoring the Super Bowl Champions.
    HawkGA
    NET Hall Of Famer

• He will be missed, a true professional in every sense of the word
    xStickybudz
    NET Veteran

• I'm gonna' miss this guy. Total class, leader, amazing football player. Everything you would want in a football player.
    R.I.P. THE EDGAR, YOU WILL BE MISSED......
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I hate this side of the business. I love Cliff and hate to see it end like this. He does have a lot of stuff going for him outside of football with his trips to Haiti and the community stuff he does here in Jacksonville. I am hoping he calls it quits and doesn't try to hook up with another team and risk further injury.
    drcool
    NET Veteran

• This makes me sad as hell.

I get that it needed to happen for his health.

Just one big hell of a bummer.
    Last edited by SeaMeat on Fri May 04, 2018 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
    It was a catch.
    SeaMeat
    NET Veteran

KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• Underrated player from our Super Bowl team. Heck, he could have very well been named MVP of that game.

I wish he could stick around, but these things happen in an intensely physical game. Best of luck to Cliff.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• I know everyone talks about the play at the end of our superbowl and I apologize for going down that road again. However, I think the loss of Cliff that game killed us. If he plays that game, no way brady makes that comeback.

With that being said..

Thank you for all you did for the team. You gave us your greatest years and we will forever cherish your speed rush and relentless effort you gave on every play. May you have a speedy and healthy recovery so you can be the family man your family needs and the public figure our community needs.
    ApnaHawk
    NET Rookie

• And I'll add that he NEVER had to scream or tell you how great he was. He was the man that many players PRETENDED to be. The league can use a lot more Cliff Avril's. Lead by example, which made him a leader.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• I love Cliff. If he doesn't get hurt we win SB49.
    ImageImageImageImageImage
    WhyDidntWeRun.jpg
    Crizilla
    NET Veteran

• Amazing that they were in that game til the end. Cliff leaves with the concussion, Lane gets toasted and leaves the game, Earl/Sherm/Kam all playing thru injuries. Once Cliff went down, they just had to double Bennett and that was that for the pass rush.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Fri May 04, 2018 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Veteran

• Knew it was coming. Doesn't make it feel any better.

Thanks for the memories and I hope you have a great life after football, Cliff!

:irishdrinkers:
    Talent can get you to the playoffs.
    It takes character to win when you get there.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS
    sutz
    USMC 1970-77

• Like most key players of our Super Bowl winning team, Cliff will always hold a soft spot in my heart. Completely underrated and will certainly be missed. What he does off the field in Haiti is even more impressive.

I'm glad (unlike our opponents) the Seahawks had the integrity to follow the rules in SB49 and put player safety first, but yes I agree, that it was a tale of two different games when Cliff left.

Thanks for SB48 Cliff and good luck!
    Now a guppy driver. Loving the Hawks with my bro Nanomoz for over 30 years
    rjdriver
    NET Veteran

• Thought he did more for our D-line than Bennett. Bennett was the main benefactor for most of Avril's work.

SUPER BOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!!!
    SeahawksRawk
    NET Starter

• Thanks for everything Cliff. You always be a Super Bowl champion!
    SEATTLE SEAHAWKS SUPERBOWL XLVIII CHAMPIONS!

May the spirit of our friend The Radish live on forever!

I SO do not care about your fantasy team and who's on it!
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• SoulfishHawk wrote:And I'll add that he NEVER had to scream or tell you how great he was. He was the man that many players PRETENDED to be. The league can use a lot more Cliff Avril's. Lead by example, which made him a leader.

100% my feelings too!! Great people don't have to tell you how great they are. They let others do that for them!

Thank you Cliff!! Great man, and great player too. All the best :irishdrinkers:
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Cliff Avril will be missed. Great player and an even better guy.
    Natethegreat
    NET Veteran

• Man this sucks...........such a great players, leader and man for the team.

To think that his career has or could end based on a seemingly innocent looking play is tough to take.
    Blitzer88
    * NET Eeyore *

• Hell of a player on the field, an even better human off it.

Thank you, Cliff. Best of luck with your future.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Just to add the cap savings are $6,125,000.

It’s listed as $7,125,000 with most places however there was a injury settlement for $1,000,000.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Well, there goes some cap space.
    L.O.B.
    Adopt a rookie: Tre Flowers
    raisethe3
    NET Veteran

• In my ideal world, Avril made a full recovery and Earl got traded. Our lord again moved in mysterious ways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    ++ You can call me a homer, but I am not the only one ++
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    toffee
    NET Veteran

• Gonna be missed, i would love to see Cliff coaching on the Seahawks staff next year.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• :{(
    ITS A GREAT TIME TO BE A SEAHAWK FAN !
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

• He will be missed at every level. He was an excellent pass rusher and DE, a consummate pro, a team leader who lead by quiet example, and the finest man in terms of his constant charitable enterprises. He certainly leave a far bigger hole in the roster than Bennett did.

Such a sad state of affairs that a kick to the chin could screw up his neck so badly that he risks paralysis if the injury is aggravated. We all knew this bad news was coming but that knowledge doesn't take away any of the sting of his loss.

I am thankful PN'J were able to grab him away from the Lions and that he got to win a SB ring with the Hawks. Thanks for your service Cliff. Godspeed to all your efforts following football.
    Until we develop a pass rush that will cause opposing teams to be forced to scheme to defend it we will never be able to consistently take the final step. The interior rush needs improvement. The OLine clearly still needs work.

Super Bowl XLVIII Champions at last after 38 seasons. Awesome!!!
    jammerhawk
    NET Veteran

• [instagram]https://instagram.com/p/BiXexOlBvRA/[/instagram]

Cliff Avril: Thank you 12s for making the last 5 years in Seattle so amazing! Your cheers on Sundays are unmatched, and you guys are by far the best fans in the NFL! Most importantly, I appreciate and value the lifelong friendships I’ve made. You all have supported my family, my foundation (the Cliff Avril Family Foundation), and I throughout my entire tenure, and I could not have asked for more! THANK YOU to the entire Seahawk organization as well as my teammates. You all made me a Pro Bowler and a Super Bowl Champ! I am forever grateful. THANK YOU!
    #HAITIANCREATION
    Mistashoesta
    NET Veteran

• Cliff was awesome. Shame it ended the way it did. He'll be missed.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• Great, great player for us. I assumed this would be the end of the road for him here in Seattle but it's still sad. I will always look back fondly over his career with us. Tremendous player and even better human being. The best of luck the rest of the way Cliff. See you down the road raising the flag.

"Shaquem Griffin tells ESPN after he got drafted by Seattle; 'I can't breathe.' That's the only time you'll hear him say he can't do something." - Dan Wetzel via Twitter.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• This was an expected move, but still eats your heart out. Cliff was a great player for the Hawks and played a significant part for this team. It will be sad not seeing him lining up for us, but appreciate the time we had him as a Seahawk.

God Bless Cliff! :irishdrinkers:
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• jammerhawk wrote:He will be missed at every level. He was an excellent pass rusher and DE, a consummate pro, a team leader who lead by quiet example, and the finest man in terms of his constant charitable enterprises. He certainly leave a far bigger hole in the roster than Bennett did.

Such a sad state of affairs that a kick to the chin could screw up his neck so badly that he risks paralysis if the injury is aggravated. We all knew this bad news was coming but that knowledge doesn't take away any of the sting of his loss.

I am thankful PN'J were able to grab him away from the Lions and that he got to win a SB ring with the Hawks. Thanks for your service Cliff. Godspeed to all your efforts following football.

:ditto:

It's a shame that this great man's career was ended by the back of Jacoby Brissett's shoe.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• Thanks Cliff! You are a true champ! Best of luck in all your future endeavors
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• Thanks for the memories Dude.
    LudwigsDrummer
    US Navy Air VP 56 `74-`78

• We will miss you Cliff Avril
    Heyseed
    NET Veteran

• I wanted to see him not play anymore. It is not that I didn’t love me him being a Seahawk, I just want him to be able that walk for r the rest of his life. He has given enough time his team, his fans and the game. Take care of yourself and enjoy the rest of your lunch life Cliff
    warden
    NET Veteran

• Sports Hernia wrote:Thanks for everything Cliff. You always be a Super Bowl champion!

:ditto: He will be missed!
    Proud Member of the .Net Old Farts Society
    Bigpumpkin
    NET Veteran

• What a stud.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

• Take care of yourself and good luck to you wherever you go! I'm so glad you got yourself a ring because you deserved it, keep pushing in life just as hard as on the football field and you'll be just fine. Thanks for everything you've given to this team and the great city of Seattle!
    2018 Adopt-a-rookie: Tre Flowers, CB
    jmahon316
    NET Rookie

It is currently Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:14 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information