Driving with Gee - Rashaad Penny heads to Rookie Minicamp

Heyseed

Reaction score
I dig that Penny is from Norwalk.
That was just across the street from my house as a kid

purpleworld

Reaction score
Very cool way to introduce Mr Penny to the 12's....thanks Gee!

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Heyseed":2nbpmaq8 said:

How is Norwalk BTW? Good, bad or middle class? I just wondered. I'm more familiar with San Diego.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Penny appears to be humble.

I like AND value that, my hope is that it’s sincere.

My prayer is, that this kid is durable.

He may be “the one”

Side note:

Had no clue that his brother was a Cardinal. No idea how I missed that aspect of the story.

Seymour

Reaction score
chris98251":3a0teo7w said:
My God look how thin his thighs are :)

Yes I'm very concerned they will snap in two like a twig. #Reach....\sarc :roll:

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
pmedic920":1exhdtnh said:
Penny appears to be humble.

I like AND value that, my hope is that it’s sincere.

My prayer is, that this kid is durable.

He may be “the one”

Side note:

Had no clue that his brother was a Cardinal. No idea how I missed that aspect of the story.

He never had any very serious injuries in college. A lot of the other RB's did. That's one of the very positive aspects about Penny. From San Diego State Aztecs I can tell you he never had a real big serious injury. He was very durable. He played pretty much all the time and played really well too.

Heyseed

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":104yvcc2 said:
Heyseed":104yvcc2 said:

How is Norwalk BTW? Good, bad or middle class? I just wondered. I'm more familiar with San Diego.

I remember it being middle class with LA lifestyle options. Very diverse community, I'm sure they are proud of Penny. :2thumbs:

Rashaad Penny - Norwalk High (CA) Class of 2014 - Senior Year (Regular Season) Highlights

[youtube]jdfSOdI3eAc[/youtube]

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Fade. Nice low key interview, just a chat really

First day on the job, and though he appears confident, I’m sure there are some butterflies.

How we missed his brother is a Cardinal in discussions about him points out how little the mainstream media who panned the pick knows about him. I like that he seems humble and curious yet confident and excited for his new challenge.

Hope he is all the team thinks he could be.

Jville

Reaction score
Makes sense to add Rashaad's day 1 Rookie Minicamp Press Conference to this thread's collection.
[youtube]RKExWKO8cs4[/youtube]
There is a lot to look forward to in 2018.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Heyseed":5i70mcdy said:
SanDiego49er":5i70mcdy said:
Heyseed":5i70mcdy said:

I remember it being middle class with LA lifestyle options. Very diverse community, I'm sure they are proud of Penny. :2thumbs:

Rashaad Penny - Norwalk High (CA) Class of 2014 - Senior Year (Regular Season) Highlights

[youtube]jdfSOdI3eAc[/youtube]

Yeah I saw those Youtube highlights of him in High School. Thanks for getting back to me. He was all world here in San Diego. Really the best RB since Marshall Faulk at San Diego State. I think he will be awesome for you.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
jammerhawk":q1foplnx said:
Thanks for posting that Fade. Nice low key interview, just a chat really

First day on the job, and though he appears confident, I’m sure there are some butterflies.

How we missed his brother is a Cardinal in discussions about him points out how little the mainstream media who panned the pick knows about him. I like that he seems humble and curious yet confident and excited for his new challenge.

Hope he is all the team thinks he could be.

The mainstream media doesn't know anything about Rashaad Penny. They just watch nationally televised games. Well guess what San Diego State doesn't get that many of those. Not only is he not a reach at #27 overall. He is a STEAL. He would be a STEAL at #18 overall. You got a top 10 - 15 player in this draft. He should be a future Pro Bowler if he can stay healthy and you can put a good O Line in front of him. He is a super star RB, an excellent receiver out of the backfield and an ALL WORLD KR/PR. He is out of this world at that. Just an awesome return man.

I think Penny will be great for you. The media just have no familiarity with him. When you unleash this guy on the rest of the NFL for a number of games I think people will start to get it. Does it take 4 games, 8 games, 12 games or his whole Rookie year? I don't know? But eventually IMO people will get it.

People will look back at this draft and wonder why he fell so far. Because what I can tell you is he is FAR BETTER than the 27th best player in this draft. He is a lot better than that.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Rashaad's brother Elijaah played at Idaho. The Cardinals just moved the 6'2" 240#er from RB to FB/TE.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
That was a very nice "Ride". I wish there could have been more edits of the scenery cut into the interview here and there, looked like (from what I COULD see) one of our nicer days of this season I call 'SPRINTER' :D

But I like the kid. He doesn't seem like one of the "child prodigies" that was handed everything in sports since he was a toddler. Seems to have great work ethic and ZERO diva. He looks up to Beasty too! Looking forward to seeing him develop!

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
hgwellz12":18bjyijt said:
That was a very nice "Ride". I wish there could have been more edits of the scenery cut into the interview here and there, looked like (from what I COULD see) one of our nicer days of this season I call 'SPRINTER' :D

But I like the kid. He doesn't seem like one of the "child prodigies" that was handed everything in sports since he was a toddler. Seems to have great work ethic and ZERO diva. He looks up to Beasty too! Looking forward to seeing him develop!

He is a humble hard working guy. He is from a good family and is a team player too. He's not a me guy. He is about the team.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Think about one thing.

When the cameras were filming John and Pete's reaction when they selected him they were candidly giddy.

You can't fake that. These are two human beings I still hold in HIGH regard when it comes to taking our Seahawks to places never seen before.

So to see their organically positive and giddy response to the pick, that tells me WAAAAAY more than any Draft "Expert" ever could.