Cliff Avril's Thank You letter... Awesome...

BlueThunder

Reaction score
I didn't see this posted, so here it is. A great read. Man I'm gonna miss that guy. And apparently, he's really gonna miss us too!

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us ... -thank-you

"It was 9 a.m. and we were on the team plane, sitting on the tarmac at Newark Airport. After we beat the Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII the night before, we turnt all the way up. Me, Mike B. and the rest of the D-linemen popped some champagne and went to the team party for a few minutes, and then we hit the clubs in New York City and just partied until they stopped serving drinks and the sun came up and we had to get to the airport.

Then we brought the party to the plane with us.

Almost 12 hours after the game ended, we were still going off pure adrenaline. We had the music blasting. Guys were playing cards and telling stories, just talking trash and being loud. At one point I swear somebody was running up and down the aisles buck naked yelling, “WE’RE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS, BABY!!!”

toffee

Reaction score
In my dream, Avril made a recovery and Earl was traded to Cleveland.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
You're damn right Cliff. You will always be a Seahawk.

Ping Pong anyone?

HawaiiD

Reaction score
Oh man Cliff! May the next chapter in your story be blessed beyond anything! Mahalo for the great memories! With you we couldn't have got that Super Bowl!. I waited 37 years for a Lombardi! How sweet it is! May God bless you and your family good luck in your future endeavors! Aloha Cuff!

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

samwize77

Reaction score
Thank you Cliff Avril!! Its easy being a fan when we have players like you to cheer for!!

Jville

Reaction score
Terrific Thank You Letter ..... thanks for posting.

AP 511615017731

.............. Life is about family & community! ................

Seymour

Reaction score
What a true class player Cliff is and always will be to us 12's. Very sad to read his farewell, but all good things must eventually come to an end I suppose. You are always with us Cliff, and Malcolm thanks you for the MVP too!! 8) :2thumbs:

020214cliffavril

renofox

Reaction score
Lower left corner of this page to donate to Cliff's foundation.

I made a small contribution. I think a bunch of 12's sending a few bucks each would tell Cliff how much we appreciate who he is and what he's done for us fans, while at the same time help him to help others.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
Thank you, Cliff for sharing your life with ours.

This has got to be one of the best lines I think I've read in a sports related article...

"But that didn’t matter, because buck-naked guy was right.
We were Super Bowl champs."

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
BlueThunder":xm5s0y9d said:
No shit. Malcolm had the easy part of that play.

Not to take anything away from Malcolm but I am pretty confident I could have even caught that pick.

Now running it back for a TD is a whole other matter. :lol:

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again.....This world could use some more Cliff Avrils.

Thank YOU Cliff.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Use to give crap to Detroit fans at the bar. "Oh, there's Cliff again making a great play", look to the right, "thanks for Avril Lions!"

Reminds me of some of our old school 80s defensive players. Yes, Cliff will always be a Seahawk. Thank you for the contribution to our team.