Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll Rookie Minicamp Day 1 Press

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13

• Alex McGough: Surprise of the day.... interesting. :D
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• He had an interesting press conference. It sounds like he really likes a lot of the guys. It's very early but he seems to like them upon first impression at least.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

• SanDiego49er wrote:He had an interesting press conference. It sounds like he really likes a lot of the guys. It's very early but he seems to like them upon first impression at least.

Nothing against you but what else is he going to say?
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• Fade wrote:

Alex McGough: Surprise of the day.... interesting. :D

Not sure if it's me, but the video isn't playing anymore. There's an error
    2018 Adopt-a-rookie: Tre Flowers, CB
    jmahon316
    NET Practice Squad

• SanDiego49er wrote:He had an interesting press conference. It sounds like he really likes a lot of the guys. It's very early but he seems to like them upon first impression at least.

It takes time to get used to Pete's coach speak mode. He will say nothing bad about players, even Percy Harvin right up until they cut his ass was all good according to Pete.

He may very well like every last one (and probably does thus far), just can't really go by what he says only. 8)
    Seymour
    NET Veteran

• Thanks "FADE" for posting a good positive press conference. Progressing thru life with a good positive outlook is the healthy way to enjoy the day. :2thumbs: I always appreciate hearing from an unfiltered Pete Carroll. He cuts thru the noise and clears the air.

Go Hawks! :2thumbs:
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• I'm still so happy Pete is around...great coach for us, and the young guys just coming in. How can you not like Pete the man!! :2thumbs:
    samwize77
    NET Veteran

• Has Pete ever given a negative press conference?
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• There is no room or time for negativity!

Positively excited for the moment .... the day!
    Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• Seymour wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:He had an interesting press conference. It sounds like he really likes a lot of the guys. It's very early but he seems to like them upon first impression at least.

It takes time to get used to Pete's coach speak mode. He will say nothing bad about players, even Percy Harvin right up until they cut his ass was all good according to Pete.

He may very well like every last one (and probably does thus far), just can't really go by what he says only. 8)

Maybe I have to get used to Pete Carroll speak. LOL.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

• seabowl wrote:
    SanDiego49er wrote:He had an interesting press conference. It sounds like he really likes a lot of the guys. It's very early but he seems to like them upon first impression at least.

Nothing against you but what else is he going to say?

Yeah I understand he wants to be positive. It makes sense.
    SanDiego49er
    NET Rookie

• Ha ha, the thing is, even though Pete is all about positivity... underneath that you get the reason he wins championships.

(on Shaquem Griffon)

"Yea, yea, it's a nice feel-good story and all of that, good for him. But now that's over, and he's got to focus.... You know, good story, but now it's time to play ball..."

The thing with Pete, is he gives chances - but once you use up your chances, he's not afraid to cut bait.

Some may argue that he waits too long, but how do you know?

Everyone said that Mike Williams was a bad choice, and that Pete should have never given him the opportunity, but the dude did come in here and contribute and helped us at a bad time. Yea, maybe Percy Harvin was a problem, but in that Superbowl he set a huge tone -- coming around that edge on the first play... the rest of that game the Bronco's defense had to be wary of that, and had to shuffle their saftey's and backers accordingly, which allowed our receivers to go right through their defense. We pretty much moved the ball at will... the only time we struggled on offense that game?

Down at the goal line where they weren't worried about Harvin getting outside...

But people never pay attention to things like that.

All they want to do is bitch and whine about how Harvin didn't work out the next year....

There are reasons you take chances are certain players.

There are reasons that certain coaches win Superbowls, while fans sit on the internet complaining about this and that, and PRETENDING that they know a little something about football.

What the collective board here knows about football, amounts to less than a hangnail on Pete's pinky toe...

He won a Superbowl in Seattle.

In SEATTLE.

Maybe the only one we'll have 30 years and 10 coaches from now... maybe the only one we'll ever have in our lifetime.

Seriously... how often do Seattle pro-level franchises win Championships?

In 110 years of Pro Sports in Seattle, we have collectively won, 1 Stanley Cup, 1 NBA Championship, and 1 Superbowl.

So basically 1 title every 3rd generation...

Yet there's folks around here that want to whine endlessly about the guy from our generation who accomplished it.

I don't understand that mentality at all.

Appreciate, people... it won't last much longer at all.

And chances are, the next one is another Mora...
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• The_Z_Man wrote:Ha ha, the thing is, even though Pete is all about positivity... underneath that you get the reason he wins championships.

(on Shaquem Griffon)

"Yea, yea, it's a nice feel-good story and all of that, good for him. But now that's over, and he's got to focus.... You know, good story, but now it's time to play ball..."

The thing with Pete, is he gives chances - but once you use up your chances, he's not afraid to cut bait.

Some may argue that he waits too long, but how do you know?

Everyone said that Mike Williams was a bad choice, and that Pete should have never given him the opportunity, but the dude did come in here and contribute and helped us at a bad time. Yea, maybe Percy Harvin was a problem, but in that Superbowl he set a huge tone -- coming around that edge on the first play... the rest of that game the Bronco's defense had to be wary of that, and had to shuffle their saftey's and backers accordingly, which allowed our receivers to go right through their defense. We pretty much moved the ball at will... the only time we struggled on offense that game?

Down at the goal line where they weren't worried about Harvin getting outside...

All they want to do is bitch and whine about how Harvin didn't work out the next year....

There are reasons that certain coaches win Superbowls, while fans sit on the internet complaining about this and that, and PRETENDING that they know a little something about football.

What the collective board here knows about football, amounts to less than a hangnail on Pete's pinky toe...

He won a Superbowl in Seattle.

In SEATTLE.

Maybe the only one we'll have 30 years and 10 coaches from now... maybe the only one we'll ever have in our lifetime.

Seriously... how often do Seattle pro-level franchises win Championships?

In 110 years of Pro Sports in Seattle, we have collectively won, 1 Stanley Cup, 1 NBA Championship, and 1 Superbowl.

So basically 1 title every 3rd generation...

Yet there's folks around here that want to whine endlessly about the guy from our generation who accomplished it.

I don't understand that mentality at all.

Appreciate, people... it won't last much longer at all.

And chances are, the next one is another Mora...

Seattle Storm won and the Huskies tied for a National Championship also. But why be thorough.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Yep, he missed three other Seattle championships, including the Seattle Storm (2004 and 2010) and the Washington Huskies football (1991) but who's counting......
    kf3339
    NET Veteran

• kf3339 wrote:Yep, he missed three other Seattle championships, including the Seattle Storm (2004 and 2010) and the Washington Huskies football (1991) but who's counting......

I'm counting exactly.

And yes, I left them out for a reason, as well as the Sounders... (they won just two years ago, remember?)

Here is what I said.

how often do Seattle pro-level franchises win Championships?

Last time I checked, the Huskies were not a pro football team. On top of that, another team, Miami, shares that college title, and we will never know...

The Seattle Storm could not beat a minor league men's team... so I really don't count that franchise as a "pro" level league in the sport of basketball. Like the Sounders, they are essentially minor league, and can't claim to be the best soccer team in the world in their sport. Because if the Sounders played a team like Barcelona or Manchester, they'd get crushed. Just like the Storm would get crushed if they played an NBA team.

So no....

We have 3 pro level championships, meaning our team was the best in the entire world at their sport and won the championship.

We shut down the city.
    We had a parade.
    It made the national news.
    Everyone in America that had a pro team hated our guts for it.

Moving on...
    The_Z_Man
    NET Veteran

• The_Z_Man wrote:Down at the goal line where they weren't worried about Harvin getting outside...

Harvin played like a game and a half for us the entire time he was here. He was a locker room cancer and contributed in the one game that we didnt need him. He was a horrible signing. You cant defend that signing. You are right though - there are reasons you take chances on certain players and Pete ignored all of them with Harvin.
    pittpnthrs
    NET Veteran

• The_Z_Man wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:Yep, he missed three other Seattle championships, including the Seattle Storm (2004 and 2010) and the Washington Huskies football (1991) but who's counting......

I'm counting exactly.

And yes, I left them out for a reason, as well as the Sounders... (they won just two years ago, remember?)

Here is what I said.

how often do Seattle pro-level franchises win Championships?

Last time I checked, the Huskies were not a pro football team. On top of that, another team, Miami, shares that college title, and we will never know...

The Seattle Storm could not beat a minor league men's team... so I really don't count that franchise as a "pro" level league in the sport of basketball. Like the Sounders, they are essentially minor league, and can't claim to be the best soccer team in the world in their sport. Because if the Sounders played a team like Barcelona or Manchester, they'd get crushed. Just like the Storm would get crushed if they played an NBA team.

So no....

We have 3 pro level championships, meaning our team was the best in the entire world at their sport and won the championship.

We shut down the city.
    We had a parade.
    It made the national news.
    Everyone in America that had a pro team hated our guts for it.

Moving on...

Oh so selective based on your criteria, not facts, Huskies are not Pro but I would conasider a shared National Chmpionship a pretty relevant local acheivemnt, happens pretty rare.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Carroll had a nice edge to him in this presser. Very excited to see how he molds these young players.
    hawknation2018
    NET Veteran

• chris98251 wrote:Oh so selective based on your criteria, not facts, Huskies are not Pro but I would conasider a shared National Chmpionship a pretty relevant local acheivemnt, happens pretty rare.

The guy makes a comment about Seattle pro-level franchises, then you say it's not based on facts because it excludes a Huskies national title (a college title).

Wut?
    Mindsink
    NET Starter

• These preseason games are going to be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see who pulls ahead and takes some starting jobs.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• Mindsink wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:Oh so selective based on your criteria, not facts, Huskies are not Pro but I would conasider a shared National Chmpionship a pretty relevant local acheivemnt, happens pretty rare.

The guy makes a comment about Seattle pro-level franchises, then you say it's not based on facts because it excludes a Huskies national title (a college title).

Wut?

Was thinking exactly the same thing lol. Facts are exactly what they are, facts.

And the Storm? C'mon man
    OpHawk
    NET Starter

It is currently Wed May 23, 2018 6:48 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information