Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll Rookie Minicamp Day 1 Press

Fade

Reaction score
[youtube]VlvW0iG3i[/youtube]

Alex McGough: Surprise of the day.... interesting. :D

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
He had an interesting press conference. It sounds like he really likes a lot of the guys. It's very early but he seems to like them upon first impression at least.

seabowl

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":atpu0b80 said:
He had an interesting press conference. It sounds like he really likes a lot of the guys. It's very early but he seems to like them upon first impression at least.

Nothing against you but what else is he going to say?

jmahon316

Reaction score
Fade":ncdp9khn said:
[youtube]VlvW0iG3i[/youtube]

Alex McGough: Surprise of the day.... interesting. :D

Not sure if it's me, but the video isn't playing anymore. There's an error

Seymour

Reaction score
SanDiego49er":jwumegq1 said:

It takes time to get used to Pete's coach speak mode. He will say nothing bad about players, even Percy Harvin right up until they cut his ass was all good according to Pete.

He may very well like every last one (and probably does thus far), just can't really go by what he says only. 8)

Jville

Reaction score
Thanks "FADE" for posting a good positive press conference. Progressing thru life with a good positive outlook is the healthy way to enjoy the day. :2thumbs: I always appreciate hearing from an unfiltered Pete Carroll. He cuts thru the noise and clears the air.

[youtube]VlvW0iG3i_w[/youtube]

Go Hawks! :2thumbs:

samwize77

Reaction score
I'm still so happy Pete is around...great coach for us, and the young guys just coming in. How can you not like Pete the man!! :2thumbs:

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Has Pete ever given a negative press conference?

Jville

Reaction score
There is no room or time for negativity!

Positively excited for the moment .... the day!

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Seymour":1mrqckf7 said:
SanDiego49er":1mrqckf7 said:

It takes time to get used to Pete's coach speak mode. He will say nothing bad about players, even Percy Harvin right up until they cut his ass was all good according to Pete.

He may very well like every last one (and probably does thus far), just can't really go by what he says only. 8)

Maybe I have to get used to Pete Carroll speak. LOL.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
seabowl":1870i5ul said:
SanDiego49er":1870i5ul said:

Nothing against you but what else is he going to say?

Yeah I understand he wants to be positive. It makes sense.

chris98251

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":1kfcjpre said:
Ha ha, the thing is, even though Pete is all about positivity... underneath that you get the reason he wins championships.

(on Shaquem Griffon)

"Yea, yea, it's a nice feel-good story and all of that, good for him. But now that's over, and he's got to focus.... You know, good story, but now it's time to play ball..."

The thing with Pete, is he gives chances - but once you use up your chances, he's not afraid to cut bait.

Some may argue that he waits too long, but how do you know?

Everyone said that Mike Williams was a bad choice, and that Pete should have never given him the opportunity, but the dude did come in here and contribute and helped us at a bad time. Yea, maybe Percy Harvin was a problem, but in that Superbowl he set a huge tone -- coming around that edge on the first play... the rest of that game the Bronco's defense had to be wary of that, and had to shuffle their saftey's and backers accordingly, which allowed our receivers to go right through their defense. We pretty much moved the ball at will... the only time we struggled on offense that game?

Down at the goal line where they weren't worried about Harvin getting outside...

But people never pay attention to things like that.

All they want to do is bitch and whine about how Harvin didn't work out the next year....

There are reasons you take chances are certain players.

There are reasons that certain coaches win Superbowls, while fans sit on the internet complaining about this and that, and PRETENDING that they know a little something about football.

What the collective board here knows about football, amounts to less than a hangnail on Pete's pinky toe...

He won a Superbowl in Seattle.

In SEATTLE.

Maybe the only one we'll have 30 years and 10 coaches from now... maybe the only one we'll ever have in our lifetime.

Seriously... how often do Seattle pro-level franchises win Championships?

In 110 years of Pro Sports in Seattle, we have collectively won, 1 Stanley Cup, 1 NBA Championship, and 1 Superbowl.

So basically 1 title every 3rd generation...

Yet there's folks around here that want to whine endlessly about the guy from our generation who accomplished it.

I don't understand that mentality at all.

Appreciate, people... it won't last much longer at all.

And chances are, the next one is another Mora...

Seattle Storm won and the Huskies tied for a National Championship also. But why be thorough.

kf3339

Reaction score
Yep, he missed three other Seattle championships, including the Seattle Storm (2004 and 2010) and the Washington Huskies football (1991) but who's counting......

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":225nk2zh said:
Down at the goal line where they weren't worried about Harvin getting outside...

But people never pay attention to things like that.

All they want to do is bitch and whine about how Harvin didn't work out the next year....

There are reasons you take chances are certain players.

Harvin played like a game and a half for us the entire time he was here. He was a locker room cancer and contributed in the one game that we didnt need him. He was a horrible signing. You cant defend that signing. You are right though - there are reasons you take chances on certain players and Pete ignored all of them with Harvin.

chris98251

Reaction score
The_Z_Man":v4nuc8h5 said:
kf3339":v4nuc8h5 said:
Yep, he missed three other Seattle championships, including the Seattle Storm (2004 and 2010) and the Washington Huskies football (1991) but who's counting......

I'm counting exactly.

And yes, I left them out for a reason, as well as the Sounders... (they won just two years ago, remember?)

Here is what I said.

how often do Seattle pro-level franchises win Championships?

Last time I checked, the Huskies were not a pro football team. On top of that, another team, Miami, shares that college title, and we will never know...

The Seattle Storm could not beat a minor league men's team... so I really don't count that franchise as a "pro" level league in the sport of basketball. Like the Sounders, they are essentially minor league, and can't claim to be the best soccer team in the world in their sport. Because if the Sounders played a team like Barcelona or Manchester, they'd get crushed. Just like the Storm would get crushed if they played an NBA team.

So no....

We have 3 pro level championships, meaning our team was the best in the entire world at their sport and won the championship.

We shut down the city.
We had a parade.
It made the national news.
Everyone in America that had a pro team hated our guts for it.

Moving on...

Oh so selective based on your criteria, not facts, Huskies are not Pro but I would conasider a shared National Chmpionship a pretty relevant local acheivemnt, happens pretty rare.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Carroll had a nice edge to him in this presser. Very excited to see how he molds these young players.

Mindsink

Reaction score
chris98251":x1uiiear said:
Oh so selective based on your criteria, not facts, Huskies are not Pro but I would conasider a shared National Chmpionship a pretty relevant local acheivemnt, happens pretty rare.

The guy makes a comment about Seattle pro-level franchises, then you say it's not based on facts because it excludes a Huskies national title (a college title).

Wut?

mistaowen

Reaction score
These preseason games are going to be a lot of fun. Can't wait to see who pulls ahead and takes some starting jobs.

OpHawk

Reaction score
Mindsink":3e105jzv said:
chris98251":3e105jzv said:

The guy makes a comment about Seattle pro-level franchises, then you say it's not based on facts because it excludes a Huskies national title (a college title).

Wut?

Was thinking exactly the same thing lol. Facts are exactly what they are, facts.

And the Storm? C'mon man