Think the LOB is gone?

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
If anyone thinks the LOB is gone.... they might just wait to see what version 2.0 looks like. Tre Flowers highlight reel has me pumped for this season. He's already using some Hawk-tackle techniques as well. Get some!

[youtube]EBsXwCsNs7E[/youtube]

brimsalabim

Reaction score
There is much potential to be sure. He takes chances and lets some guys get behind him but makes big plays too.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
brimsalabim":3ohpufxe said:
There is much potential to be sure. He takes chances and lets some guys get behind him but makes big plays too.

Find a Corner that doesn't.

Russellmania3

Reaction score
I am pretty excited to watch this kid play next season.

I have high hopes for him. He has the size and speed to develop into a top corner in the league.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
Well, the LOB (Legion of Boom) was named after the Legion of Doom by some self-admitted comic book nerds. So unless the new crop are also comic book nerds they'll probably have to come up with a new name. Has any team had a DOD (Department of Defense)?

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":3vir8x27 said:
brimsalabim":3vir8x27 said:

Find a Corner that doesn't.

That issue should be minimized if Earl Thomas remains on the Seahawks. ET is a great security blanket for a guy like Flowers. He did the same for Sherman, Maxwell, Browner, and Thurmond. Thomas has factored in to their development so will be the case for the next version of LOB.

toffee

Reaction score
LOB, as we knew it l, is indeed done, but I am excited by the new boys. If some of them developed under Pete’s system, we may see a LOB v2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jmahon316

Reaction score
I literally thought about this the other day and was going to even make a post about it, but I wasn't sure if I was just being too optimistic or not :p I'm generally stoked to see this new defense play lights out with something that we've been missing for a while now as a team - a chip on our shoulders.

mikeak

Reaction score
I have tempered expectations

The highlight reels are always inspiring and making you think the draft picks are great. They are not IMHO anything that should be used for believing a player is great / bust

Tharold Simon as example - located the ball great in his highlight reel. Looks like a great corner - never happened

Not saying draft is a bust or a success just hat watching highlights now isn’t going to tell me what we have

chris98251

Reaction score
GeekHawk":32h2p8tg said:
Well, the LOB (Legion of Boom) was named after the Legion of Doom by some self-admitted comic book nerds. So unless the new crop are also comic book nerds they'll probably have to come up with a new name. Has any team had a DOD (Department of Defense)?

Actually it was after these guys.

[youtube]9TjcamFUR0c[/youtube]

Cyrus12

Reaction score
how bout the name LOB just dies with the old crew that was here...come up with something new...

nanomoz

Reaction score
More tape:

Vs. Baylor in '16:
[youtube]AsFgBlFKT-Y[/youtube]

Pro Day:
[youtube]XwkAgS_etNI[/youtube]

Featurette:
[youtube]WShaUEtVHOE[/youtube]

chris98251

Reaction score
It will go the way of the No Name Defense, The Purple People Eaters, Fearsome Foursome, Steel Curtain, and the Smurfs. The players that made up those Nick Names were as much apart of them as their play. Once the players have moved on it's not the same and people stop using it. However every defense is compared to those aspects or offense for that matter when it comes to the receivers making up the Smurfs, It's now what teams hope to use as a motivation for the new crop as far as play level. Announcers will use it as a reference, this rivals the play of the LOB or this group isn't close to the LOB etc.

Those saying give them a new name, you have to be really bad or really good to get a Nick Name.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Time will tell. He could be Shead or Simon which is much more likely than being Sherman.

OP
OP
Sox-n-Hawks

Sox-n-Hawks

Reaction score
Smellyman":r7jzr0pv said:
Time will tell. He could be Shead or Simon which is much more likely than being Sherman.

Or a Woodsen. Who knows, college play doesn’t seem to equate professional performance.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sherman was quick to adopt the LOB moniker, the name was the brainchild of one of the.net crew, to advance his franchise as one of the best CBs in the league. The boom came from the physical thumping of Chancellor and Browner but was swiped by Sherm to advance his franchise. Others tried to enter the group but Sherman was quick to restrict it to the original four of Chancellor, Browner, Thomas, and Sherman, but the 12s included the whole D into the LOB.

The name is the property of the 12th man and not that of Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, or Browner, but clearly those four were special and deserve to be remembered as the founders of the LOB but so are Bennett, Avril, Mebane, Red Bryant, Chris Clemons, and especially Wagner, KJ Wright, Irvin, and every one of the RCBs that played after Browner was suspended for whichever substance was the latest. Of course some will argue the LOB is gone but of course it isn’t, a new group will be created to play tough D and the LO B will be renewed.

Perhaps some may think this post is not fair to Sherman, but the LOB is our name for our team’s D when it plays to it’s #1 standard. I think we will be happy to use the name again the LOB is far from gone.

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3o8fdtqa said:
Sherman was quick to adopt the LOB moniker, the name was the brainchild of one of the.net crew, to advance his franchise as one of the best CBs in the league. The boom came from the physical thumping of Chancellor and Browner but was swiped by Sherm to advance his franchise. Others tried to enter the group but Sherman was quick to restrict it to the original four of Chancellor, Browner, Thomas, and Sherman, but the 12s included the whole D into the LOB.

The name is the property of the 12th man and not that of Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, or Browner, but clearly those four were special and deserve to be remembered as the founders of the LOB but so are Bennett, Avril, Mebane, Red Bryant, Chris Clemons, and especially Wagner, KJ Wright, Irvin, and every one of the RCBs that played after Browner was suspended for whichever substance was the latest. Of course some will argue the LOB is gone but of course it isn’t, a new group will be created to play tough D and the LO B will be renewed.

Perhaps some may think this post is not fair to Sherman, but the LOB is our name for our team’s D when it plays to it’s #1 standard. I think we will be happy to use the name again the LOB is far from gone.

Maybe so, but even with the Rams D line during the Fisher era nobody called them the Fearsom Foursome, or the current Vikings the Purple People Eaters.

CPHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":109xiltq said:
jammerhawk":109xiltq said:

Maybe so, but even with the Rams D line during the Fisher era nobody called them the Fearsom Foursome, or the current Vikings the Purple People Eaters.

Those are all names from the 70s, before most of us were born, and before any players were born. Why would anyone use them?