Seahawks.NET AMAZON STOREFRONT

5 Tryout players signed- 2 Free Agent Wr's waived.

The Essential Online Seattle Football Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute. LANGUAGE RATING: PG-13
  • https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... e-minicamp

"...On Monday, the Seahawks made decisions on five of those players, signing receiver Damore’ea Stringfellow, free safety Tevon Mutcherson, center Marcus Henry, tackle Nick Callender and guard Avery Young.

To make room on the 90-man roster, the Seahawks waived receiver Ka’Raun White, receiver Taj Williams, linebacker Jason Hall, linebacker Paul Dawson and center Brad Lundblade. White, Williams, Hall and Lundblade all signed with Seattle as undrafted rookie free agents last week and took part in the rookie minicamp. Dawson spent part of last season with the Seahawks, appearing in three games, then was re-signed last month."
    jlwaters1
    NET Veteran

• jlwaters1 wrote:https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-sign-five-tryout-players-from-rookie-minicamp

"...On Monday, the Seahawks made decisions on five of those players, signing receiver Damore’ea Stringfellow, free safety Tevon Mutcherson, center Marcus Henry, tackle Nick Callender and guard Avery Young.

To make room on the 90-man roster, the Seahawks waived receiver Ka’Raun White, receiver Taj Williams, linebacker Jason Hall, linebacker Paul Dawson and center Brad Lundblade. White, Williams, Hall and Lundblade all signed with Seattle as undrafted rookie free agents last week and took part in the rookie minicamp. Dawson spent part of last season with the Seahawks, appearing in three games, then was re-signed last month."

Center, tackle and guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Starter

• Stringfella is the former UW receiver who punched somebody because the Broncos got torched by the Seahawks in SB48. He's a Broncos fan. It's ironic that now he's a Seahawk. Who's next to be signed....Cyler Myles?
    hawkfan68
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:Stringfella is the former UW receiver who punched somebody because the Broncos got torched by the Seahawks in SB48. He's a Broncos fan. It's ironic that now he's a Seahawk. Who's next to be signed....Cyler Myles?

LOL
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• The story I read is that the QB was the Bronco fan and the WR backed up his QB
    mikeak
    NET Veteran

• Churn that Roster! :2thumbs:

Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• And so begins the frequent off season roster churn/player tryout process.
    Thomas Paine: To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead
    Seafan
    NET Veteran

In 180 games, Walter Jones was called for 9 holding penalties in the course of 5,703 pass plays.
    First Round Inductee To Hall Of Fame 2014
    ESPN #1 Rated Seahawks Player of All Time
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• I thought White had potential so I'm sorry to see him go. Clearly he didnt impress in camp.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

• UK_Seahawk wrote:I thought White had potential so I'm sorry to see him go. Clearly he didnt impress in camp.

I was the same with Taj Williams.

We nailed that one 8)

I honesty don't think I've ever successfully evaluated a wide receiver.

Ever.
    www.hawk-talk.com

Richard Sherman wrote:People look forward to writing us off. Our demise was greatly overstated.
    original poster
    * NET Moderator *

• Receivers are hard since college QBs either wait until the WR is open to throw it, or they just toss it to a spot with the idea that their guy has the advantage.

A guy looks great on tape catching a bomb in stride with no one in 5 yards, or making a 'contested' catch against a DB not looking for the ball.

In the pros you don't stay open and need to run routes that give you separation when you're supposed to be open; and if a QB throws you a pass in traffic, you're going to be fighting a DB for that ball.

Anquan Boldin is a prime example of a skilled pro receiver. Ran a 4.7 but knew when to be open and how to shield the ball from the DB. It cracks me up to hear these kids talk about their 'skills', when all they've ever done is outrun or out jump inferior athletes. Randy Moss is the last receiver I can think of that maintained that talent gap into the pros. For the rest of them those days are over.
    Own The West
    NET Rookie

• It's amazing how little the 7-on-7 system has cut into the development WR's still need once they get to the NFL level. There's just too little real practice time and the rosters are too limited to give that chance to enough guys.
    purpleneer
    NET Rookie

• Jville
    * NET Alumni *

• WR have to learn to hand fight to get off the line, few do well, why Baldwin is so successful, he worked with Largent on how to separate and run routes and his ability to get open escalated dramatically, why he also does drills with the defense to keep his skill set up to speed with hand fighting.

To Be P/C or Not P/C That is the Question..........Seahawks kick Ass !!!!
    Check your PM's, Thank you for everything Radish RIP My Friend. :les:
    Member of the 38 club.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 5:42 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ THE OFFICIAL NET NATION FAN FORUM ]

Information