5 Tryout players signed- 2 Free Agent Wr's waived.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks- ... e-minicamp

"...On Monday, the Seahawks made decisions on five of those players, signing receiver Damore’ea Stringfellow, free safety Tevon Mutcherson, center Marcus Henry, tackle Nick Callender and guard Avery Young.

To make room on the 90-man roster, the Seahawks waived receiver Ka’Raun White, receiver Taj Williams, linebacker Jason Hall, linebacker Paul Dawson and center Brad Lundblade. White, Williams, Hall and Lundblade all signed with Seattle as undrafted rookie free agents last week and took part in the rookie minicamp. Dawson spent part of last season with the Seahawks, appearing in three games, then was re-signed last month."

toffee

Reaction score
jlwaters1":2ceipygi said:
https://www.seahawks.com/news/seahawks-sign-five-tryout-players-from-rookie-minicamp

"...On Monday, the Seahawks made decisions on five of those players, signing receiver Damore’ea Stringfellow, free safety Tevon Mutcherson, center Marcus Henry, tackle Nick Callender and guard Avery Young.

To make room on the 90-man roster, the Seahawks waived receiver Ka’Raun White, receiver Taj Williams, linebacker Jason Hall, linebacker Paul Dawson and center Brad Lundblade. White, Williams, Hall and Lundblade all signed with Seattle as undrafted rookie free agents last week and took part in the rookie minicamp. Dawson spent part of last season with the Seahawks, appearing in three games, then was re-signed last month."

Center, tackle and guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Stringfella is the former UW receiver who punched somebody because the Broncos got torched by the Seahawks in SB48. He's a Broncos fan. It's ironic that now he's a Seahawk. Who's next to be signed....Cyler Myles?

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1xkyx9qp said:
Stringfella is the former UW receiver who punched somebody because the Broncos got torched by the Seahawks in SB48. He's a Broncos fan. It's ironic that now he's a Seahawk. Who's next to be signed....Cyler Myles?

LOL

mikeak

Reaction score
The story I read is that the QB was the Bronco fan and the WR backed up his QB

Jville

Reaction score
Churn that Roster! :2thumbs:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/JaredStanger/status/993638623240077314[/tweet]

Seafan

Reaction score
And so begins the frequent off season roster churn/player tryout process.

UK_Seahawk

Reaction score
I thought White had potential so I'm sorry to see him go. Clearly he didnt impress in camp.

original poster

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":cbhhquc2 said:
I thought White had potential so I'm sorry to see him go. Clearly he didnt impress in camp.

I was the same with Taj Williams.

We nailed that one 8)

I honesty don't think I've ever successfully evaluated a wide receiver.

Ever.

Own The West

Reaction score
Receivers are hard since college QBs either wait until the WR is open to throw it, or they just toss it to a spot with the idea that their guy has the advantage.

A guy looks great on tape catching a bomb in stride with no one in 5 yards, or making a 'contested' catch against a DB not looking for the ball.

In the pros you don't stay open and need to run routes that give you separation when you're supposed to be open; and if a QB throws you a pass in traffic, you're going to be fighting a DB for that ball.

Anquan Boldin is a prime example of a skilled pro receiver. Ran a 4.7 but knew when to be open and how to shield the ball from the DB. It cracks me up to hear these kids talk about their 'skills', when all they've ever done is outrun or out jump inferior athletes. Randy Moss is the last receiver I can think of that maintained that talent gap into the pros. For the rest of them those days are over.

purpleneer

Reaction score
It's amazing how little the 7-on-7 system has cut into the development WR's still need once they get to the NFL level. There's just too little real practice time and the rosters are too limited to give that chance to enough guys.

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/993961265079861248[/tweet]

chris98251

Reaction score
WR have to learn to hand fight to get off the line, few do well, why Baldwin is so successful, he worked with Largent on how to separate and run routes and his ability to get open escalated dramatically, why he also does drills with the defense to keep his skill set up to speed with hand fighting.