Kam Chancellor #75 on the 2018 NFL top 100

original poster

Reaction score
God I love Kam.

His scan is next month, we won't have to wait too much longer to know the outcome.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
Kind of makes you raise an eye brow at the accuracy of this list.

original poster

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2ca38eit said:

Bet we don't say that if Russ is in the top 10 :lol:

Seanhawk

Reaction score
original poster":2jujj2t6 said:
Seanhawk":2jujj2t6 said:

Bet we don't say that if Russ is in the top 10 :lol:

I bet JJ Watt will be on it too.

sutz

Reaction score
Seanhawk":fvbykmtj said:
Meh, with us missing the playoffs and Kam missing significant time to injury, I'm not surprised if Seahawks are not well represented on the list. Supposedly players vote on it, but still, lack of exposure will hurt players' chances to make the list. Frankly, Kam is probably only there because of his reputation.

Hotchy

Reaction score
Being a great defensive player isn't all about speed, strength, athleticism. The main ingredients is understanding your defensive scheme, knowing yours and even others responsibilities in that scheme, and studying your opponents offensive schemes, knowing what that offenses tendencies are and what(and how) they are trying to do.....
This is why Kam is always in the top 100. Not only is he an athletic thumper, but the dude does film work like none other. Great, great player.

sdog1981

Reaction score
I love Kam but he has not played a full season since 2014 and he has been a nonfactor in the league since 2015. Total legacy pick for the list. If you watch the highlight video they did it was all from his last game on Thursday night.

getnasty

Reaction score
sdog1981":16ejune4 said:
I love Kam but he has not played a full season since 2014 and he has been a nonfactor in the league since 2015. Total legacy pick for the list. If you watch the highlight video they did it was all from his last game on Thursday night.

I love Kam but he's done and I think McDougal might be better in that position anyways.

chris98251

Reaction score
getnasty":2g91hqkz said:
sdog1981":2g91hqkz said:

I love Kam but he's done and I think McDougal might be better in that position anyways.

When McDougal can knock the soul out of someone's body let me know. Kam changed how a offense worked against us, nobody wanted to cross the middle, nobody wanted to throw deep against us with Earl, and nobody wanted to test Sherman. That's a lot of options taken away, only the TE seam and Right side intermediate and shorts stuff was regularly challenged on us.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
chris98251":3ed1lmh6 said:
getnasty":3ed1lmh6 said:
sdog1981":3ed1lmh6 said:

When McDougal can knock the soul out of someone's body let me know. Kam changed how a offense worked against us, nobody wanted to cross the middle, nobody wanted to throw deep against us with Earl, and nobody wanted to test Sherman. That's a lot of options taken away, only the TE seam and Right side intermediate and shorts stuff was regularly challenged on us.

In his prime yes, but I feel like after this...Kam was no longer setting that tone.

[youtube]AGTLUVRR5vQ[/youtube]

adeltaY

Reaction score
getnasty":ai4lpjmg said:
sdog1981":ai4lpjmg said:

LOL Kam was a nonfactor since 2015? That's straight up bullshit. He was elite in 2016 and in 2017 until he got hurt. Just cuz he had fewer big hits doesn't mean he wasn't a monster against the run and actually solid in coverage. Same logic saying Sherm fell off because he got fewer picks.

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Kam Chancellor is a pretty good player and a hard hitter and a great tackler. He is good and brings some unique things to the table. Who knew when he was drafted he would be this good? I don't think most around the league expected him to be this good.

RCATES

Reaction score
Guy has been a shell of himself the last 2-3 years. I'm surprised he cracked the top 100 tbh. I wish he would just get it over with and retire so Seahawks can move on from one of the most boneheaded contracts in league history. There's no way Kam will be anywhere close to the same football player he once was after this injury. His game was predicated on violent hits and he will be gun shy as hell after having a major neck injury. He's done.