Brandon Marshall is in town

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
34 years old. Two years removed from 100+ catch, 1500 yard, 14 TD season. But only played in 5 games last year, 18 catches, 0 TD. What say you?

I say if it's a one year deal at a cap friendly number then I'm all for it. Early in his career he was a nightmare for organizations to deal with, but over the past five seasons he's really turned that reputation around and become a model citizen.

Will be interesting to see how this one turns out.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
We need a playmaker somewhere. If Marshall's willing to be affordable, I have no problem.

(that's a pretty standard answer for every possible acquisition)

Greenhell

Reaction score
I wished we could've got him when he visited the first time but what the hell, why not now?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I am all for it if it's a cap-friendly prove it 1 year deal. Why not? I personally think he's got a little left. The same goes for Dez Bryant if he can realize he would not be the featured guy...

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JordanRaanan/status/994280558493667328[/tweet]

Failed physical? :229031_confused2: :hmmmm:

Seymour

Reaction score
hawks85":33xtie2t said:
Pass. Not interested. Past his prime.

This ^^^

We have a bad record with has been WR's and Marshall will not get enough separation for Russell to "take the chance" squeezing into tight windows. Fail waiting to happen IMO.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Free-agent wide receiver Brandon Marshall is visiting the Seahawks, according to ESPN's Jordan Raanan and Adam Schefter. The 34-year-old Marshall was released by the Giants recently with a failed physical designation after an ankle injury limited him to only five games during his lone season with the team. Russell Wilson lost two of his top targets when Jimmy Graham and Paul Richardson left in free agency, and the Seahawks showed interest in a few big-bodied receivers this offseason: Terrelle Pryor (6-4), Jordy Nelson (6-3) and Jaron Brown (6-2), whom they signed to a two-year deal. That search continues with Marshall (6-5), a six-time Pro Bowl selection with eight 1,000-yard seasons over his 12 years in the NFL.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-40020906-4

FinNasty

Reaction score
Loading up on UCF players!!! Love it!!! The Twins, TJ Mutcherson, and now possibly UCF all-time great Brandon Marshall?

Nice!!! WE’RE going to the right well for talent!

drrew

Reaction score
Seymour":d2iw41ww said:
hawks85":d2iw41ww said:

This ^^^

We have a bad record with has been WR's and Marshall will not get enough separation for Russell to "take the chance" squeezing into tight windows. Fail waiting to happen IMO.

Jimmy didn't get much separation on his 10 touchdown catches last season. If Marshall is actually red zone target replacement at a fraction of the cost, it's not a bad option.

Seymour

Reaction score
drrew":n92zy0g5 said:
Seymour":n92zy0g5 said:
hawks85":n92zy0g5 said:

This ^^^

Jimmy didn't get much separation on his 10 touchdown catches last season. If Marshall is actually red zone target replacement at a fraction of the cost, it's not a bad option.

Jimmy is an excellent example...thank you!! Look at his 2 years prior. It took Russell, Bevell, and Pete 3 years to achieve that level of trust between QB and WR (TE). They were also forced into it since there was zero running game.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Jaron Brown makes our receiving group the best in the league. No need to add Marshall

brimsalabim

Reaction score
If he couldn't pass the giants team physical I see no way he passes ours.

getnasty

Reaction score
Kind of reminds me of the Mike Williams signing years ago, if they think he can win on jump balls in the back corner of the end zone and he's cheap then I'm all for it.

drrew

Reaction score
brimsalabim":1bx0j35p said:
If he couldn't pass the giants team physical I see no way he passes ours.

Jeremy Lane failed a Texans physical and was playing against Arizona a week later.

There's plenty of wiggle room when deciding whether someone will pass a physical or not.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I thought this would happen. Brandon Marshall is a top 5 blocking WR in the league... Hawks are just going to pound it all year, and yeah he's a nice red zone option as well.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Depends on who would not get a spot on the 53.

I wouldn’t mind having him on a cap friendly deal but not at the cost of a hopeful getting cut.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Seymour":tsstxlo6 said:
hawks85":tsstxlo6 said:

This ^^^

We no longer have Bevel trying to hammer these square players into round holes, so the outcome may be a bit different. Or it might not if our history with receivers is the result Wilson refusing to throw into tight windows, or Carrol pressuring Wilson to avoid them.

Marshall doesn’t have a reputation of disappearing between the 20s, or just plain disappearing ala Harvin, so there is that.

I’d definitely give him a shot. We could use a 80% Marshall.

Latest posts