JD McKissic

seabowl

Reaction score
I was impressed last year with McKissic's production and think he at this point is very underated. Where do you all see him fitting in this year. IMO he could really be a X factor.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I would release Prosise and keep McKissic. I would use him as a situational RB, but more importantly, as the main punt and kick off returner.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Agree. Main kr/pr and likely mostly a gimmick type of guy and see action on 3rd downs. He will get to see more action since Procise will be on ir of course.

Zeearend

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":34qn1qrx said:
I would release Prosise and keep McKissic. I would use him as a situational RB, but more importantly, as the main punt and kick off returner.

I'd keep 'm both for now. Last chance for Prosise, who has a higher potential imho.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
Procise is just too fragile. McKissic gives you a dual-threat where he is almost as good at catching the ball out of the backfield as CJ, plus he's trunky and can carry the ball effectively. Good #3 RB.

Jville

Reaction score
J.D. McKissic checks all the boxes as a versatile plug and play hybrid. He provides the depth at multiple positions to sustain a campaign over the course of a season. This will be McKissic's third year with special teams and with the improvisation of Russell Wilson. A third year of continuity in a 25 year old player that is still evolving and growing. I would think his maturing play has instilled trust and confidence in the likes of Russell Wilson and Brian Schneider among others. Although McKissic contributed 402 all purpose snaps in 2017, I have little doubt he will be viewed as a bubble competitor again this year. And although there may be another who could replace him, that hypothetical challenger has yet to emerge and make a convincing case. Year three is here. Can't wait to see what J.D. McKissic does with it.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Unless Prosise stays healthy, McKissic is poised to take his roster spot.

He actually wants the job.

Seafan

Reaction score
purpleneer":1m093sbr said:
I think he's decent, but this fan base has overrated him a bit. He has to hope Procise is unavailable.

Kind of how they overrated Collins and Rawls. Who really knows what can happen if they get decent blocking. Well we don't have to guess about that. We saw what can happen with Collins.

rcaido

Reaction score
Davis & McKissic will be fighting for the last spot. Penny, Carson, & Procise!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
J.D. McKissic..He plays hard but gets ahead of himself a lot.
What I mean is where you see him have open field and he will stumble and
the play ends shortly after.I don't know if he can fix that or not but that right
there is the difference between a 2nd choice to 4th choice at RB to me.

Procise is glass to me ..I mean how many years is it now?2-3? We can't
count on him but I do like the idea of him moving to WR but if he cannot
hack it then bye.

King Dog

Reaction score
It would be a shame to release McKissic and have someone else pick him up, before Procise starts his IR gig in week two or three.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
McKissic is very underdeveloped as an inside runner and it shows, being mostly a WR. He's not a tackle breaker as a runner and while he tries hard at pass blocking, he's terrible at it.

McKissic has produced as a receiver for us, but make no mistake, he's not an actual RB and is purely a gimmick 3rd down player with almost no upside. Pretty good kick returner too, but we have a few of those now. If he makes it, it will be because of injury or Davis's contract.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Like so many have already said, McKissic fits our offense and is very effective if we use him in plays that are designed to compliment his strengths. Prosise, in spite of all his potential to be a super star player, I'm afraid that his body is just not able to condition up enough to withstand the abuse that RBs are confronted with each and every time they get the ball.

C.J. can do some amazing things athletically. I would go so far as keep him on the roster until they can put his present health to the test. Right now they have to play with less contact than most flag football players do. I worry that C.J. is going to be one of those, "could have been a contender" stories at the end of the day. I think that the same thing happen to Thomas Rawls. His bone structure and ability to withstand abuse, betrayed him time and again.

I kind of hated to see us, miss the boat on Williams again this year. I thought letting him go to begin with was a mistake. I guess he has a hard time memorizing the play book and runs off queue at times, but he's got magnetic hands and can come up with the ball in scenarios where other receivers don't even have a chance.

Anyway if it comes down to pick and choose time, I vote we give Prosise his walking papers and keep McKissic.

Go Seahawks!