Chuck Knox Passed Away at 86

OkieHawk

Reaction score
Is dead at 86. Haven't heard what the cause was, but unless it was an accidental I'm not shocked.

R.I.P. Chuck.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
God Bless you Coach Knox. While Patera will always hold a special place in our history, Knox was the first coach to turn this team into bona fide bad asses. "Ground Chuck" drove a lot of us fans nuts who loved to see the ball fly, but nobody could argue his disciplinarian approach turned the franchise into contenders.

Thank you coach for everything you did to turn the Seahawks into a team to be reckoned with in the 80's and for taking the team to our first ever conference championship in 1983.

Ap8312310165

seabowl

Reaction score
I became a Hawks around 83-84 and it was in part due to this man's success with the team. I still remember his Slim Fast commercials where he lost the most weight vs the other coaches. I was even happy for that victory back then.

RIP Ground Chuck

Vesuve

Reaction score
OkieHawk":38u9aoyi said:
Is dead at 86. Haven't heard what the cause was, but unless it was an accidental I'm not shocked.

R.I.P. Chuck.

Ground Chuck is underground.

RIP.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Knox was one tough coach and his game plans showed it. When things weren't going well, I half expected him to grab the ball and run with it himself.

Godspeed Coach.

King Dog

Reaction score
RIP. Many of my favorite memories of the Hawks are with him as coach. We're going "Ground Chuck" this season in his honor.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
RIP coach Knox. I loved all his Knoxisms. You play the hand you’re dealt,...

James in PA

Reaction score
Legend. Loved his Seahawks-coached teams. He was the coach when I started following this team in the mid 80’s. Fond memories.

R.I.P. Ground Chuck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THE TABS

Reaction score
Knox put this franchise on the NFL map in ‘83 and made us relevant. I’ll always be grateful for that.

He’s got a spot on my personal Seahawk Mt Rushmore.

Rest In Peace.

Hachtung

Reaction score
I bought my first Season tickets in 1983 because Chuck Knox was coming to town. I was a die hard Los Angeles Rams fan having grown up there. Chuck turned me around and I have been a Seahawk season ticket holder ever since except for 2 years during the POS Ken Behring years. RIP my friend... “He was a tough nosed Football” coach... “Strictly Sewickely” .....

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Tough losing a retired Seahawk coach. For so many years....Chuck was the MAN!

I think that I am the last of the "old timers" here on .net.........no one is immortal.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
A sad day. He put the Seattle Seahawks on the map and gave our franchise credibility.
RIP Coach Knox. :(

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Chuck brought credibility to the organization that didn't exist with his predecessors. We all thank you.

RIP, brother.

metwelve

Reaction score
Aros":1xmznu9l said:
God Bless you Coach Knox. While Patera will always hold a special place in our history, Knox was the first coach to turn this team into bona fide bad asses. "Ground Chuck" drove a lot of us fans nuts who loved to see the ball fly, but nobody could argue his disciplinarian approach turned the franchise into contenders.

Thank you coach for everything you did to turn the Seahawks into a team to be reckoned with in the 80's and for taking the team to our first ever conference championship in 1983.

Ap8312310165
Coach Knoxs gave me the ability to be a cocky Seahawks fan. Always a fan but he made us above average for the first time.
We can dedicated this season to Ground Chuck by running the ball down the leagues throat
and at the end of the season dedicate the conference title to Coach Knox.

R.I.P Coach Knox