POLL: Over/Under 8 Wins

Will the Seahawks win more than 8 games?

• Seahawks will win OVER 8 games

Votes: 83 76.9%
  • Seahawks will win 8 games or less

Votes: 25 23.1%

• Total voters

hawknation2018

Reaction score
The odds makers have set the over/under for the Seahawks win total at 8 or 8.5, depending on where you look. BetOnline recently had it at 8.5.

For me, any season in which we are not in the playoffs, competing for another Super Bowl championship, is a failure of a season. But in terms of pure win total, 9+ wins would be beating the current odds.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Every year I pull the schedule and quickly go thru and indicated W/L. I had us only losing 3. But just like every year I take some time reconsidering my selections.

This year it took a lot more time. How do we gauge our strength? Last year I had us going 6-0 against divisional rivals and initially we were 4-0 but then the infamous Rams game and the Cards took us at home. That pretty much shattered my confidence.

Now a lot of changes have happened this off season. Coaching staff was a significant improvement imo but player wise we seriously down graded. I under estimated PC's early success so I'm not counting out this team. We start with 2 away games (Broncs and Bears). If that goes well it may lead to good things.

I'm not even sure how to determine the division. I expect home revenge for the 1st Rams meeting. And is SF really on the rise? I don't expect AZ to do well.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I generally like to believe we'll always be in the playoffs at this time of the year. Of course that opinion can change for the better or worse once pre season games get underway.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Everyone keeps talking about how the Hawks do not have the talent. How the hell do they know that. Nobody has seen a lot of these guys play in the NFL. PCJS have only have had one season in which they finished under .500, the first one. I doubt that changes now. And btw, it isn't your place to say a season is a failure if they don't win a Superbowl. That is b.s. You are a fan, you have put zero work into an NFL season. For a fan to sit back and call players that have put countless hours of work, plus blood sweat and tears into a season, failures, should have their "cards" pulled. This"anything short of a Superbowl" mentality is one that should be earned by playing the game, not sitting on the couch. Have some damn respect.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Another fan telling other fans how to be fans. Come on man, none of us play in the NFL. Its entertainment for us. The grand prize is a Super Bowl win. If they don't win the Super Bowl and some fans count that as a disappointing, failure of a season than they have the right to do so.

7-9 or 8-8 this season in my opinion. Schedule looks brutal.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1rq6zbx2 said:
Another fan telling other fans how to be fans. Come on man, none of us play in the NFL. Its entertainment for us. The grand prize is a Super Bowl win. If they don't win the Super Bowl and some fans count that as a disappointing, failure of a season than they have the right to do so.

7-9 or 8-8 this season in my opinion. Schedule looks brutal.
I could be wrong but I think Vegas NAILED this line.
I see the Hawks @ 7-9 to 9-7.

MrThortan

Reaction score
So many new pieces it is hard to predict the outcome. I think our division will be more competitive this year. My expectations are lower than resent seasons, but I would like to see 8-8 or better. I wouldn't be shocked with less wins, nor would I with more. Will keep watching either way.

Zeearend

Reaction score
MrThortan":38f1qi6v said:
So many new pieces it is hard to predict the outcome. I think our division will be more competitive this year. My expectations are lower than resent seasons, but I would like to see 8-8 or better. I wouldn't be shocked with less wins, nor would I with more. Will keep watching either way.

:ditto:

original poster

Reaction score
I can honestly see anywhere between 6-10 and 10-6.

I'd be more than happy with 6-10, however.

The thing to bear in mind with this season is that the team is on an upward trajectory again rather than a slow decline, that is the most important aspect IMO.

I'd honestly be fine with 2-14, this season can be used to get their feet on the ground with the new coaches, discover some new superstars and just start heading in the right direction.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
I think any record this year is fine, let's rebuild and see what we have. But if I had to guess, somewhere between 6-10 and 10-6.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Jimjones0384":32csmqci said:
Everyone keeps talking about how the Hawks do not have the talent. How the hell do they know that. Nobody has seen a lot of these guys play in the NFL. PCJS have only have had one season in which they finished under .500, the first one. I doubt that changes now. And btw, it isn't your place to say a season is a failure if they don't win a Superbowl. That is b.s. You are a fan, you have put zero work into an NFL season. For a fan to sit back and call players that have put countless hours of work, plus blood sweat and tears into a season, failures, should have their "cards" pulled. This"anything short of a Superbowl" mentality is one that should be earned by playing the game, not sitting on the couch. Have some damn respect.

I never said any of those things. Fyi.

OP
OP
hawknation2018

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Way Too Early Predictions

Week 1: Sun. 9/9 at Denver Broncos W
Week 2: Mon. 9/17 at Chicago Bears W
Week 3: Sun. 9/23 vs Dallas Cowboys W
Week 4: Sun. 9/30 at Arizona Cardinals W
Week 5: Sun. 10/7 vs Los Angeles Rams W
Week 6: Sun. 10/14 at Oakland Raiders (London) W
Week 7: Sun. 10/21 BYE
Week 8: Sun. 10/28 at Detroit Lions W
Week 9: Sun. 11/4 vs Los Angeles Chargers W
Week 10: Sun. 11/11 at Los Angeles Rams L
Week 11: Thu. 11/15 vs Green Bay Packers L
Week 12: Sun. 11/25 at Carolina Panthers W
Week 13: Sun. 12/2 vs San Francisco 49ers W
Week 14: Mon. 12/10 vs Minnesota Vikings L
Week 15: Sun. 12/16 at San Francisco 49ers W
Week 16: Sun. 12/23 vs Kansas City Chiefs W
Week 17: Sun. 12/30 vs Arizona Cardinals W

13-3, NFC West title, first round bye, Russell Wilson MVP

8)

Toughest games: at Rams, Packers on four days of rest, Vikings, Rams, Cowboys (on short week after back-to-back road games), at Panthers, Broncos, Chargers, Chiefs, Raiders in London, at 49ers.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Sure...or we lose Wilson to a Chubb - Von Miller smash first game and this season becomes an "O for". If I had to bet my house I'd go under based on all the change in staff coupled with the lack of change in personnel at the OL positions.

pmedic920

Reaction score
Every year I try to predict W/L record.

Every year we win one or two that I thought we would lose, every year we lose one or two that I thought we would win.

I’m never 100% correct.

IMHO, the bookmakers are probably fairly accurate on this.

My prediction is....

We’ll end up within a game +/- of 8/8.

If I were going to place a bet, I’d go OVER on the 8-8 because that would make me happy, not because I truly expect it.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I honestly think the overreaction I've seen on the defensive side of the ball is a bit much. Yes, some talented players are gone but the defense is basically the same as the last few weeks of last year. Plus, I think guys like Dion Jordan and Mingo will get legit shots at reaching their potential under this staff. Couple that with Pete taking the reigns back on defense, Shaq having a full offseason learning from Pete, and a bunch of hungry guys wanting to take a starting spot. I think they should remain in the top 10. Get Russell a running game and the offense should fix itself, at least to the point where they can move the ball in the first 3 quarters.

The Rams going all in this year likely gets them the NFCW title but I have a feeling this team will surprise a lot of people and only get better. Wild card 9-10 win season doesn't seem like a stretch. Much needed flush of the roster happened and they seem primed to make a big jump in 2019.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The team was 9-7 last season with zero running game, all sorts of injury problems, a weak OLine coach, a clueless OC, several aggitators on the roster who were into themselves rather than their team, and a head case kicker who lost the team two games and contributed greatly to the loss of a 3rd game.

Even if there is only a mild improvement in OLine play, the running game, and our kicker does his job as expected 9-7 is easily possible and better than that within reach.

Sadly there were defensive lapses last year especially the disaster against the Rams but the team has a strong presence at DC this year who won’t tolerate selfish non-assignment correct play. Even an incremental improvement should result in a better record than materially worse than last season.

Of course time will tell.

naholmes

Reaction score
For all the doom and gloom earlier in the offseason, I’m truly surprised that 80% are going with the over.

original poster

Reaction score
naholmes":28da5fjd said:
For all the doom and gloom earlier in the offseason, I’m truly surprised that 80% are going with the over.

Times are changing. : :D

AgentDib

Reaction score
Vegas is correct about the expected value of wins but the uncertainty is high. My MC projections are still a work in progress this season but given the current Vegas lines and a static Pythag win % approach our 90% confidence interval includes anywhere from 5 to 13 wins. With a random walk element to Pythag (ie. injury outcomes) that range only widens, and even 15 wins is plausible with a casual walk element (ie. week 1 results impact week 2 probabilities).