CBS Sports names Rasheem Green 'instant impact' rookie.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/TheSeahawksWire/status/996178556836372480[/tweet]

“This is the type of versatile, pass-rushing defensive lineman the Seahawks love,” Trapasso writes. “While I won’t call him Michael Bennett 2.0, Green is a similar type of player, someone built to rush from the inside in nickel packages. He uses a devastating swim move and has outstanding burst off the snap.

“Although he’s not a productive run-defender, Green will pressure the quarterback often as a rookie.”

“He’s really well coached,” Carroll said. “You can see that he’s got a real sense for rushing the passer. He seems like he’s an experienced kid for a 20-year old.”

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'm excited for this rookie class. I can see 8 or more of them (including undrafted players) making the team. With a half dozen being key contributors on special teams and in limited roles. I think Green is going to play a decent amount this year.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

adeltaY

Reaction score
Goes to show how little anyone knows at this point haha. From what I read after the draft, many analysts were saying Green was a raw project and would likely take at least a year before having an impact, but could end up being a steal as he develops. Obviously, we'd all prefer Trapasso be correct, but it's kind of funny how starkly his assessment opposes that one.

naholmes

Reaction score
adeltaY":25i0f33c said:
Goes to show how little anyone knows at this point haha. From what I read after the draft, many analysts were saying Green was a raw project and would likely take at least a year before having an impact, but could end up being a steal as he develops. Obviously, we'd all prefer Trapasso be correct, but it's kind of funny how starkly his assessment opposes that one.
I can understand it because the knock on Green was that he’s especially young and needs to get stronger to hold up against the run. However the Hawks are going to have a lot of situational pass rush snaps available so he can still make an impact there. Not sure I buy into Green making a bigger impact than Penny in year 1 but I am so glad they got Green in round 3 because I thought he would be gone.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Kenechi Udeze was his line coach. He also was with the Seahawks, so he knows and uses some of the same system PC uses. So that helps in his development.

ivotuk

Reaction score
This kid is going to be a steal. I've read that people are disappointed in his production, based on his size and athleticism, but it's hard to get stats from the inside unless you're Aaron Donald or Geno Atkins.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Frank, Jones, and Green could be a freaky good line on 3rd down.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
I hope so.

He looked slow in the games I saw him in, (which was only a few) and the film - but then I saw that he was recovering from injury last year so hopefully that improves.

Maybe a die-hard USC fan can chime in on this one and share their perspective on the player.

hawknation2018

Reaction score
Green is long, explosive, plays violent. I would not rule out the possibility that he earns a starting role in the base defense at the 5T. He is a lot more active and better against the run when playing outside. But he also has that experience to take reps inside in obvious passing situations. Carroll & Schneider said Green was the best “value” pick in their draft, i.e. the player who they had highest on their draft board who was available lower than expected.

purpleneer

Reaction score
I'd like to see him start off focusing almost completely on DE and building his body accordingly. I think I made a wrong assumption, as he was listed at 280 as a HS recruit so I figured interior player. At this point, I think he should aim at getting lean and explosive and let the interior strength build more naturally over time. I don't want him or any other defender to spend their entire career needing to know before the snap whether the offense will run or pass.