Cardinals RB Eli Penny thinks younger brother was snubbed

ivotuk

Reaction score
Cardinals RB Eli Penny thinks younger brother was snubbed for Heisman

Dec 7, 2017 Josh Weinfuss ESPN Staff Writer

PARADISE VALLEY, Ariz. -- Talk about brotherly love.

When Arizona Cardinals running back Eli Penny was told that his younger brother, San Diego State running back Rashaad Penny, wasn't among the three finalists for the Heisman Trophy -- which will be awarded Saturday night -- despite leading the Football Bowl Subdivision in rushing and yards from scrimmage, Eli was incredulous.

"Oh, wow," he told ESPN. "That's crazy."

Rashaad turned in one of the most -- if not the most -- impressive seasons in college football this season.

The senior led the country with 2,027 rushing yards and 2,698 all-purpose yards, and was first or second in six individual categories. Yet it wasn't enough for Heisman voters, who selected Oklahoma quarterback Baker Mayfield, Louisville quarterback Lamar Jackson and Stanford running back Bryce Love to attend the ceremony.

Eli had no doubt in his mind that Rashaad was snubbed.

http://www.espn.com/blog/arizona-cardin ... n-finalist

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Another article about the Penny brothers. I think I saw it posted a while back somewhere, but thought I'd throw it in here for those that missed it.

Penny Brothers Carry Rich Genes

Posted Mar 1, 2018 -- Kyle Odegard azcardinals.com

"{INDIANAPOLIS – Cardinals running back Elijhaa Penny shared a video on his Twitter account last month of a foot-race against his younger brother, Rashaad.

In the four-second clip, a group gathers as the Pennys streak down an asphalt street, with Rashaad eventually pulling away to claim victory.

The recording ended when the race did, which means it missed the real fun: the ensuing debate about whom, exactly, deserves credit for the teeming athleticism of the Penny brothers.

“We all sit around and jibber jabber,” Robert Penny, father of Elijhaa and Rashaad, said with a laugh.

“Every family function we have, we get these uncles that are like, ‘You get it from us,’” Elijhaa said. “Then you got this uncle who is like, ‘You get it from me.’ Then we get an older cousin from Alabama or something who is like, ‘Y’all look like me on the field.’ We just kind of take credit for ourselves. We played football in the streets when we were little -- sideline pop against the cars -- so that’s what we’ll go with. We made each other better.”
"

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and-eve ... 4a42a2a6b7

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I don't know that we all were aware of the exceptional season this RB had as a Senior. I think he may have been overlooked or under valued b/c of not being from a Tier 1 school.

Check out these stats: https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pl ... nny-1.html

This player was. #1 in the NCAA in rushing, and #1 in his football conference in an outstanding number of areas. 23 TDS, 2248 yds rushing, and he’s an outstanding returner.

No wonder the team was interested in drafting him. Besides this, he was never injured (Yes I knocked on wood) during his whole college career, and was a back-up until his senior year.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Loved Sherm up until he became “big time”. Since then not so much, though he still was a great CB.

He’s a Digit now and I hope Baldwin schools him, Penny trucks him, and he gets his rear kicked not playing in Pete’s scheme.

He’s dead to me, he’s a 49er.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sherman will forever be a treasured Seahawk to me. I could care less if he plays for the enemy now. He could get caught slapping kittens on video but I will still love him all because of this:

3f431eda 2403 11e8 b742 11b5dd0c4686 780x669

original poster

Reaction score
Aros":1fxi9tft said:
Sherman will forever be a treasured Seahawk to me. I could care less if he plays for the enemy now. He could get caught slapping kittens on video but I will still love him all because of this:

3f431eda 2403 11e8 b742 11b5dd0c4686 780x669

NRcVov8

daveyoung52

Reaction score
Whats better, Heismann winner or being a SEAHAWK, there's no comparison :irishdrinkers:

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
jammerhawk":1vhy047z said:
Loved Sherm up until he became “big time”. Since then not so much, though he still was a great CB.

He’s a Digit now and I hope Baldwin schools him, Penny trucks him, and he gets his rear kicked not playing in Pete’s scheme.

He’s dead to me, he’s a 49er.

I love him still. "Big Time" is what I want from players playing on MY squad. But he is now an enemy playing in our division. He could've "took his talents to the Chargers or Jags" and I wouldn't be trippin, but he he's wearing the that ugly ass red & taco bell diarrhea :49ersmall: now so I hope he ends up being the only object between 'Shaad and 6pts and gets highlight reeled. :49ersmall:

SanDiego49er

Reaction score
Yes he was snubbed. No doubt about it. They just didn't see San Diego State play. The voters, media and general public that is. They have no idea how good he is. He should have been there and even have had a chance to win it. It was totally ridiculous.